• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Press Release:

Football Manager 2011 announcement!

PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2011 UNVEILED

Sports Interactive Confirm Football Manager 2011 Release This Year

LONDON (August 11th, 2010) – Sports Interactive & SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Football Manager™ 2011 for PC and Apple Macintosh, and Football Manager Handheld™ 2011 for Sony PlayStation® Portable will be released before Christmas 2010. FM2011 will feature more new features than ever before, including real-time contract negotiation, a revamped training system and a number of match engine improvements, Football Manager 2011 will once again raise the bar for football management games.

Football Manager 2011 is the latest iteration of the award-winning Football Manager series. Selling in excess of 6 Million copies worldwide, Football Manager has been topping the UK PC charts for the last five years.

Football Manager 2011 will be more polished than ever this year, and Sports Interactive will again set a new standard for the genre by adding a host of new features. For the first time ever, aspiring managers can now negotiate contracts with players in real time. And by working with a multitude of real-life football agents, Sports Interactive gained an insight as to how these negotiations can be made as realistic as possible in-game. Prepare to meet different types of agents in your contract talks; each with their own personality so will therefore need a different approach.

“At Sports Interactive, we always strive to give the end-user the best experience possible,” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “The training system for example has always been the best we thought it could be, until now. We’ve found a way to make it even better!”

With the implementation of the most intuitive training system in the series history, there is a new “match preparation” area of training so that managers can give their team specific areas to focus on in the lead up to a match. There are also more basic training schedules for players, and 14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players on.

Interaction with players, staff and the board have gone to a whole new level, with a host of new boardroom and backroom requests, a new player interaction module that allows the manager to have private conversations with players, as well as public conversations regarding players at other clubs.

Two years after the launch of the 3D Match Engine, players will see a number of improvements implemented for this year’s release. With over 100 new animations added, as well as more player emotions, new player models, new stadiums, pitch textures, improved lighting, floodlit night matches, more goal celebrations and lots of other extras which improve what was already the best match simulation on the market.

The other new features announced today include a revamped media module, which will keep the managers better up to date with events going on in their football world, as well as being more customisable than ever before, and the most requested feature that the Sports Interactive community have asked for in the last few years, dynamic league reputation, which makes for an even more realistic model of the footballing world.

Further new features will be announced via Twitter (@si_games), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/officialfootballmanager), a series of blogs and the popular Football Manager Podcast in the months leading up to the game’s release. With more new features than anyone could ever fit in a press release, Football Manager will retain its position as the most realistic, most played, annually best selling, and highest reviewed football management simulation in the world.

Football Manager Handheld 2011 will also be available for release this year on PSP, including improvements in the tactics screen, a completely new skin, the updated database and improved match graphics.

For further information please go to www.sigames.com or www.footballmanager.com.

I need this now :)

I vaguely remember contract negotiations on Championship Manager on the Amiga(for those that dont know FM started as Championship Manager)being held in a more negotiating manner where you would offer x amount and the player would counter offer although this was very limited. I like the ideas put into this new version in an attempt to make it feel more real time, the agents seem like a good idea too, especially as all you really need to do on FM at the moment is if a few other clubs are in for the player and you must have him all you do is up the signing on fee or the wages a bit.

The match engine looks brilliant.

Training I don't think they have ever mastered and this new method should make things interesting, I hope its more understandable so its possible to get your players in peak condition most the time.

The only worry about major changes is the bugs they always bring.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

I've only just got into FM 2010 recently. :lol:

I was still playing FM09 until April this year! Had a massive save going with Rovers where I'd made them totally dominant and didn't really want to stop playing it. Also FM had a fair amount of bugs until the 10.3 patch, once that came out around Feb/March the game became much better.

This might be a bit off topic but I'm definitley getting a laptop shortly and plan on joining the many, many legion of fans that have allowed Football Manager to take over their lives.

Thing is, I'm not that techno-savvy. And although I've been keeping an eye on laptop deals I don't really know what I'm looking for. I know about memory and the more the better and stuff but when it comes to playing FM2011, what should I be looking for? Processor speed?

Is it the more Rams or Pentium Processors the better?

Sorry for taking this on a different route, I've read the press release above and have been promising myself for a few years now that I'll treat myself. Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Backroom

Assuming FM11 will work under basically the same specs as FM10, I'd say you need at least a dual-core processor (AMD or Intel are fine, just don't get a Celeron). Minimum amount of RAM would be 2GB, though you won't find many laptops nowadays with less. Most of the laptops will have decent enough graphics capabilities to run the 3D so you shouldn't have any problems there, and Hard Drive space shouldn't be a problem either.

3 Seasons as Macclesfield boss & 3 seasons of promotions.

Won League 2 losing 0 games

Won League 1 losing 1 game (1st game of the season)

Now in Championship - 5pts clear with 4 games to go & Promotion gauranteed - still unbeaten in the league...Reached the Semi of League cup & lost in the 6th Round of the FA Cup.

Bank Balance of almost £8m too, so hopefully the massive cash for promotion should help build the club into a big force, as currently my wage bill is just £29k a week - however we have just a 6355 capacity stadium....Hoping the board back me & build a new stadium (or at least some big stands), training ground & academy.

Think I have to try 1 premier league season with my new team - although to be fair - Iv put 5 premier league teams out of cups in the latest season so it shouldnt be too big of a task for my squad.

Now in Championship - 5pts clear with 4 games to go & Promotion gauranteed - still unbeaten in the league...Reached the Semi of League cup & lost in the 6th Round of the FA Cup.

Bank Balance of almost £8m too, so hopefully the massive cash for promotion should help build the club into a big force, as currently my wage bill is just £29k a week - however we have just a 6355 capacity stadium....Hoping the board back me & build a new stadium (or at least some big stands), training ground & academy.

Think I have to try 1 premier league season with my new team - although to be fair - Iv put 5 premier league teams out of cups in the latest season so it shouldnt be too big of a task for my squad.

Do u think this will be out on android devices?

• Backroom

Either you've got FM11 way earlier than the rest of us or this is in the wrong thread Hughesy ;)

i too will be getting this version of FM, but as i am out of the country at the moment and still using FM2010, i am asking for help......no matter what i try, nothing seems to work.....formations, tactics, players.....i am totally ###### off as what to do to get a decent team going.

please everybody feel free to put forward there advice

i too will be getting this version of FM, but as i am out of the country at the moment and still using FM2010, i am asking for help......no matter what i try, nothing seems to work.....formations, tactics, players.....i am totally ###### off as what to do to get a decent team going.

There's some pretty good guides out there on the net worth looking at.

have a look here

Try this formation: 4-1-2-3. I can share some other stuff like teamtalks too if you like? It really makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

The new 3D engine is fantastic, the skin is HORRID though, and you can't change it.

I dunno if you were involved in the creation of Rovers overall tactics Dirk, but whoever implemented this has got it spot on. The CPU has our tactics pretty well nailed down, right down to MGP's long throw (as useless in the game as IRL). We're a tad too attacking, but otherwise it's very realistic. I'm impressed.

Archived