BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new 3D engine is fantastic, the skin is HORRID though, and you can't change it.

I dunno if you were involved in the creation of Rovers overall tactics Dirk, but whoever implemented this has got it spot on. The CPU has our tactics pretty well nailed down, right down to MGP's long throw (as useless in the game as IRL). We're a tad too attacking, but otherwise it's very realistic. I'm impressed.

It does look better, I am very enjoying screaming at the board and not getting sacked for a change. Its also nice to see our youth is playing in a proper league, so thanks deadlydirk.

My only gripe with the new match engine is the ball, whether its my crappy graphics card or not who knows but its very difficult to see it. Also why when I have split screen in a match say one showing motivation, the other stats does it not change to full screen for the highlights?

Oh and get Hanley sorted for the next patch, he's gash.

Nice job on Rovers this time Deadly, very impressed do we get a takeover at any stage?

Which teams are dominating the Premier League at the moment in your demo's?

Just out of interest, Is Matt Jansen in the game for Chorley or can you not load up those teams?

Chelsea are top of mine at the moment at the end of the demo, I'm in 8th as Rovers :D Just gone on a 6 game winning run to finish the demo, beat Chelsea (h), Spurs (A), Wolves, Blackpool (a), Newcastle (h) and Wigan (A). My new tactics seem to be working, I also drew with Man Utd (A) in the game before Chelsea.

As for Jansen you can't load Chorley on the game.

It's bloody good. Get it downloaded from Steam!

There is a review on Eurogamer.net.

When it comes to ground-breaking new features, Football Manager 2011 is unlikely to have your ticker skipping like a three year old with a lollipop shaped like a bear. But thanks to a truckload of intelligent tweaks and a generous shovelful of innovative and well-integrated additions, it turns out that this year's FM is the deepest, most complete and cohesive offering Sports Interactive has produced for some years. Source: www.eurogamer.net

There are too many new features to mention

Started unemployed as an ex semi pro footballer and took the vacant York job. Got York to top of blue square premier with a six point lead, still in all the available cups and thoroughly addicted but reached the end of the demo last night, just waiting for my copy to arrive now.

If i continue my saved game will any of the bugs i've encountered be ironed out or is a fresh game recommended?, Cheers. :tu:

Archived