BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. If I wanted to do it instead of a -, with the way he is going at the moment it would be a Pa of 183, although the injury may make getting there harder for him in game

So, injuries reduce a player's potential? Explaining why Lukaku suddenly dropped from 4.5 star potential to 3.5?

Also, could you please answer my question about Cercle Brugge?

The debts are still there, no proof they have been wiped off, so I wasn't allowed to take them away. If anyone can get me concrete proof they have been paid up and not just transferred to venkys then I can get them off.

No way have we got a sugar daddy, that's for teams like Chelsea and city

Cercle haven't been an affiliate for a while now

Injuries play a major part in a players potential

Phil Jones in my 2nd season has developed extremely well. I'll post his stats later today maybe, to give an example of how well he can develop. Kalinic as well looks very, very good.

I'm halfway through the second season now, but struggling badly. I did incredibly well in the first half of the season to finish 7th. My only signings were Mikael Dorsin (LB), Lukas Magera(initially signed for AM, but now used more as a ST due to his attributes) and Tarik Sektioui(AML/R). Dorsin and Sektioui did really well in that first season, but haven't been as effective this season.

I was given a much bigger budget in the 2nd season due to my finish and used it to bring in Mame Diouf on a permanent basis, James Vaughan (ST), Marco Streller (ST), Jonathan(DR), Jonathan Grounds(DL), and possibly someone else, although I can't remember now. About 10-15 million all up.

The busy schedule and my stuttering strike force has let me down this season. Kalinic (far and away my best striker and probably player) got injured for over 2 months and the other 2 players who are meant to play his Target Man role (Magera and Streller) have been awful. They have both been a massive disappointment, even though they weren't too expensive. Mame Diouf and Vaughan started well, but I've often had to rely on them both playing at the same time and their partnership hasn't worked very well. I've been creating a lot of chances per game, but my players haven't been finishing them and a lot of the games were lost by a single goal.

I'm top of my group in Europa League after 5 games, but 3 of the teams are all on 8 points, so a bit dangerous. In the league I'm 16th at the start of December. I have games coming up against Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City (current top 3 in the game) - not looking good.

Phil Jones in my 2nd season has developed extremely well. I'll post his stats later today maybe, to give an example of how well he can develop. Kalinic as well looks very, very good.

I'm halfway through the second season now, but struggling badly. I did incredibly well in the first half of the season to finish 7th. My only signings were Mikael Dorsin (LB), Lukas Magera(initially signed for AM, but now used more as a ST due to his attributes) and Tarik Sektioui(AML/R). Dorsin and Sektioui did really well in that first season, but haven't been as effective this season.

I was given a much bigger budget in the 2nd season due to my finish and used it to bring in Mame Diouf on a permanent basis, James Vaughan (ST), Marco Streller (ST), Jonathan(DR), Jonathan Grounds(DL), and possibly someone else, although I can't remember now. About 10-15 million all up.

The busy schedule and my stuttering strike force has let me down this season. Kalinic (far and away my best striker and probably player) got injured for over 2 months and the other 2 players who are meant to play his Target Man role (Magera and Streller) have been awful. They have both been a massive disappointment, even though they weren't too expensive. Mame Diouf and Vaughan started well, but I've often had to rely on them both playing at the same time and their partnership hasn't worked very well. I've been creating a lot of chances per game, but my players haven't been finishing them and a lot of the games were lost by a single goal.

I'm top of my group in Europa League after 5 games, but 3 of the teams are all on 8 points, so a bit dangerous. In the league I'm 16th at the start of December. I have games coming up against Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City (current top 3 in the game) - not looking good.

Excellent reports Miker keep them up nice to see Niko and Jones developing in to quality players.

Excellent reports Miker keep them up nice to see Niko and Jones developing in to quality players.

Cheers, I'll post some screenshots up today. I was actually meaning to start a blog on FMCrowd.com for this game, but I don't particularly have that much time on my hands (I'm only on here whittling my time away because I have very little work to do at work and have internet access to my advantage!)

Since Kalinic has returned from injury, we have managed to stop our horrible run of 1 win in 11 games (in all competitions) and went on an excellent run throughout December where we won 6, drew 1 and lost 1 in all competitions (roughly, from memory). Tremendous turnaround, probably down to my change in approach to team talks (I wasn't getting a very good motivational effect on the players before) and restored depth in the squad. I am still using the same tactics, 4 tactics which I interchange each match... I have a Counter and Possession tactics, these I generally use in away matches or matches where odds are against me. Counter is a faster paced, direct tactic which I tend to use against slower teams, on longer pitches and during rainy weather. Possession has my players play slower, shorter and more in control of the game and I usually use it against the teams that are said to be "hard to break down" or have a "midfield that works hard for each other". I find this way I can keep more possession and keep the other team from being on the ball, while at the same time try and break them down.

The other 2 tactics I use are standard tactics, which are used to have the team playing the way I want them to against lesser or equal opposition. They're basically called version 1 and version 2, as I created the 2nd tactic for this new season. They're both heavily customised, so I won't go into them too much... but essentially the first tactic I was playing slower and with a deeper line and concentrated down the flanks. Now that some of my younger players have become solid starters and my backline consisting of Grounds, Samba, Jones and Jonathan is much, much faster this season... I have switched to a faster tactic, brought the defensive line higher and have allowed the team a bit more freedom. I can't tell which tactic is working better, as I reverted to version 1 at the start of my come back run (and it worked wonders), but switched back to version 2 again for the latter half of the run and it worked just as well!

Anyway, I'm now in great position and glad to be. I topped my Europa League group and now have to get past Stuttgart in the knockout round (currently 1st in Bundesliga in the game) and am sitting in 10th in the league after 19 games. Pretty good considering at the start of the month, the team was on a downwards spiral and sitting in 17th!

I now have a busy window ahead, as I want to get rid of some players and bring reinforcements in, especially a striker (possibly Caicedo on loan - any suggestions?) since Mame Diouf now got injured for a month (after scoring a hat-trick in Europa League!) I also want a better left back. Dorsin has become really woeful and I don't want Givet to be my main left back (he hasn't done well there anyway). Jonathan Grounds has been given the opportunity to impress and he's done well so far, but he's only 23 and fairly average, so I want someone more experienced for competition. Any suggestions? I need players that are cheap or that I can loan.

Ok so here are some screenshots of my players as of 1st Jan 2012

Jones:

jones1.jpg

Kalinic:

kalinic3.jpg

N'zonzi:

zonzi1.jpg

These are the results I was talking about from about October to the end of December. You can see where the turnaround happened, strangely enough the 1-4 loss to Liverpool during my good run of form was the biggest loss of the season. All my other games were only lost by a goal.

leaguetable.jpg

Miker what facepack do you use?

I recently started a new save, still in first season. started very bad whilst i was fine tuning my tactics but got there eventually. have some very high scoring games (well alot actually) and a few shocks such as beating arsenal 5-0 away currently sit in 4th after 16 games, won 10 drawn 3 lost 3. done very well in the league cup, reached the semis and have either borough or liverpool.

resultsxb.png

Kalinic has been on fire with 21 goals in 16 apps in all comps

nikosi.jpg

olsson has also been very impressive on the left for me with 16 goals in 20 apps in all comps and 9 assists. had to play him in a slightly deeper role untill he was accomplished in the lam position.

olsson.png

Lastly theres junior. this guy has been my creator for many goals, 16 assists in 15 games all comps. finally just got his first goal against birmingham, sadly has hit the post many times in other games as well. would love to play him every game but sadly until i can offload EHD he will have to miss the odd game

juniornw.png

Heres hoping my current run continues :)

Glad I notched down Kalanic a peg or two for 11.3, as these posts confirm my fears that he was rated too high potential wise in 11.2. Junior and Jones should be excellant in the new data with the stats I gave them, just wish I could test it now but we only get our own club files and not a full data package so have to wait until you guys can play it too, which makes making changes a ballache

Just finished my first season. Loved it.

Cleared the deadwood.

Sold Roberts, Salgado (he didn't like me), Andrews, Dunn, Emerton, Brown, Diouf, Bunn, Goulon, Grella and the youngsters with no future.

8 year plan to win the league with youth players and loanees. I sound like the Venkys.

First season had two signings - Santa Cruz and Julio Baptista both on loan.

Stand out performers - Hoilett, Olsson, MGP, Jones, Santa Cruz (leading scorer, Lowe, Banton (17 year old) and Ramm (17 yr old)

No real headlines, other than 2 months unbeaten and losing my final six games which saw me lose out on a european spot.

I was given manager of the season and a new 4 year contract.

Just about to start the second season, complete with new signings: Adriano (loan again), Santa Cruz (loan again), Micah Richards (2.5m), Baptista (loan again).

Burnley away first game. Bring it.

Forgot to post before. 11.3 changes for Rovers CA:

1. Samba, Christopher, (CA:152) +2

2. Robinson, Paul, (CA:146) +3

3. Gamst Pedersen, Morten, (CA:143) +5

4. Givet, Gaël, (CA:140) -8

5. Nelsen, Ryan, (CA:140) +1

6. Kalinic, Nikola, (CA:138) +2

7. Dunn, David, (CA:137) -5

8. Olsson, Martin, (CA:137) +4

9. Míchel Salgado, (CA:136) +4

10. Diouf, El-Hadji, (CA:135) +2

11. Benjani, (CA:134) +1

12. Diouf, Mame Biram, (CA:134) +2

13. Emerton, Brett, (CA:134) -3

14. Hoilett, David, (CA:134) +9

15. Jones, Phil, (CA:133) +17

16. N'Zonzi, Steven, (CA:132) -3

17. Grella, Vincenzo, (CA:130) -5

18. Roberts, Jason, (CA:130) +4

19. Bunn, Mark, (CA:125) +6

20. Andrews, Keith, (CA:121) -4

21. Goulon, Herold, (CA:121) -4

22. Chimbonda, Pascal, (CA:120) -9

23. Linganzi, Amine, (CA:112) NC

24. Hanley, Grant, (CA:93) +20

25. Gunning, Gavin, (CA:92) NC

26. Doran, Aaron, (CA:85) -5

27. Kean, Jake, (CA:85)

28. Morris, Josh, (CA:85) +12

29. Banton, Jason, (CA:83) +2

30. Potts, Michael, (CA:82)

31. Lowe, Jason, (CA:78) +8

32. Ramm, Jackson, (CA:74)

33. Hitchcock, Thomas, (CA:70)

34. Santa Cruz, Julio, (CA:68)

35. Billington, Alex, (CA:67)

36. Evans, Micah, (CA:67)

37. Bowen, Jordan, (CA:63)

38. Dilo, Christopher, (CA:63)

39. Lindsay, Cameron, (CA:63)

40. O'Connor, Callum, (CA:63)

41. Pivkovski, Filip, (CA:62)

42. Vastic, Toni, (CA:62)

43. Knowles, James, (CA:61)

44. Parry, Andy, (CA:61)

45. Pearson, Matthew, (CA:61)

46. Cotton, Robbie, (CA:60)

47. O'Connor, Anthony, (CA:60)

48. Urwin, Matthew, (CA:57)

49. Hands, Reece, (CA:56)

50. Ajagbe, Damilola, (CA:55)

51. Aley, Zac, (CA:55)

52. Maclaren, Jamie, (CA:55)

53. Henley, Adam, (CA:49)

54. Rustemaj, Besnik, (CA:48)

55. James, Will, (CA:46)

56. Hanley, Raheem, (CA:45)

57. Wylie, Peter, (CA:42)

58. Edwards, Ryan, (CA:40)

59. Osawe, Osayamen, (CA:40)

60. Todd, John, (CA:40)

61. Hall, Jadan, (CA:35)

How dare you post results table showing Rovers drawing with Burnley :angry2:

I trust you resigned and left Lancashire never to return!

Yea, quite embarassing... the Man Utd game that was won during that awful run was actually won by Neil McDonald as well, as I was serving a touchline ban. Didn't particularly feel great ... we win once I'm not in charge and as soon as I come back we fail to beat a pathetic Burnley side :angry:

dazmaz, those results are pretty phenomenal, nice job. Kalinic got 18 in 34 league games for me in the first season. I got the facepack off www.truefootballmanager.com but it links to another site anyway. You have to download it in like 8 parts, huge pain in the ass.

I've brought 3 players on loan in the January window. One of them is a computer generated player, but quite good. His name is Anibal Cassama (striker) and while he's fairly slow, he's strong and has Free Kicks, Penalties and Heading at 18, Passing and Stamina at 16 and Corners, Finishing, Determination, Off The Ball and Natural Fitness at 15. He's only 17 and has a potential rating of 4 stars, so looks promising. He scored on his debut.

The other two players were Felipe Caicedo and Jose Angel(LB/LWB) who have yet to play. I'm hoping Caicedo will give me good cover in attack and Jose Angel can hopefully solve my left back problems. I have future fee clauses for all players, but probably won't be able to afford to pay them anyway...

Yea, quite embarassing... the Man Utd game that was won during that awful run was actually won by Neil McDonald as well, as I was serving a touchline ban. Didn't particularly feel great ... we win once I'm not in charge and as soon as I come back we fail to beat a pathetic Burnley side :angry:

LMAO how on earth did you get a touchline ban?

I've brought 3 players on loan in the January window. One of them is a computer generated player, but quite good. His name is Anibal Cassama (striker) and while he's fairly slow, he's strong and has Free Kicks, Penalties and Heading at 18, Passing and Stamina at 16 and Corners, Finishing, Determination, Off The Ball and Natural Fitness at 15. He's only 17 and has a potential rating of 4 stars, so looks promising. He scored on his debut.

Can you use training to give him more speed?

Miker what facepack do you use?

I recently started a new save, still in first season. started very bad whilst i was fine tuning my tactics but got there eventually. have some very high scoring games (well alot actually) and a few shocks such as beating arsenal 5-0 away currently sit in 4th after 16 games, won 10 drawn 3 lost 3. done very well in the league cup, reached the semis and have either borough or liverpool.

resultsxb.png

Kalinic has been on fire with 21 goals in 16 apps in all comps

nikosi.jpg

olsson has also been very impressive on the left for me with 16 goals in 20 apps in all comps and 9 assists. had to play him in a slightly deeper role untill he was accomplished in the lam position.

olsson.png

Lastly theres junior. this guy has been my creator for many goals, 16 assists in 15 games all comps. finally just got his first goal against birmingham, sadly has hit the post many times in other games as well. would love to play him every game but sadly until i can offload EHD he will have to miss the odd game

juniornw.png

Heres hoping my current run continues :)

What a sensational run of wins! Looks like hugely fun tactics you're using- any chance of posting them?

Ill chuck them up next time im on pc. Still seems a little weak at the back, been really lucky with some games due to poor finishing. Problem seems to be the counter attack and corners. Just brought ridgewell in on loan to play left back with givet as cover, romeru from barca for a bargain 1.1mil to cover. And rsc on loan.

Anyone else noticed how much talent there is in sweeden, denmark and the like

Archived