BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

Ill chuck them up next time im on pc. Still seems a little weak at the back, been really lucky with some games due to poor finishing. Problem seems to be the counter attack and corners. Just brought ridgewell in on loan to play left back with givet as cover, romeru from barca for a bargain 1.1mil to cover. And rsc on loan.

Anyone else noticed how much talent there is in sweeden, denmark and the like

Yes I always find myself looking at players either from Scandinavia or playing in those leagues. Belgian players are usually excellent as well.

In my game I saw Richards is available for about 4mil, which is a bargain I think. He has low Positioning and Anticipation though, which are vital for a good full back, but his other stats are excellent.

I've just played through February in my second season, had Givet as my left back for most of the time, he's been doing quite well there. I also had a bit of an injury crisis with my wingers, so decided to give Alan Judge a go, even though I had him transfer listed in January. He scored in his first game and was solid all month and has basically made the position his. I think I might still sell him, but we'll see.

Good run of wins in February as well, consolidated my place in the top 10 and beat Stuttgart 5-2 on aggregate in the first knockout round of Europa League. Got games against Kaiserslautern now, which I'm really happy with, as it's one of the easier ties. Ideally, I want to win the cup, but semis will be a good result. My next game is United away, who are sitting in 7th and 6 points away from me. If I win, I'll cut the gap to just 3 points, giving me a chance to finish 7th again, but if I don't I can probably forget about it, so important game for me! I'll be happy with 10th and Europa semis this season.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you get the faces added to all players??

Im in my 1st season still - 46pts after 26 games....

Started to transform my squad as early as possible - sold Grella, Andrews, Benjani, Chimbonda etc. Signed a few youngsters for the future - despite the pathetic transfer budget.

Key signing for me - Christian Benitez - £1.5m, 19 goals so far in the season + 4 at international level - his value already double what I paid.

How do you get the faces added to all players??

Im in my 1st season still - 46pts after 26 games....

Started to transform my squad as early as possible - sold Grella, Andrews, Benjani, Chimbonda etc. Signed a few youngsters for the future - despite the pathetic transfer budget.

Key signing for me - Christian Benitez - £1.5m, 19 goals so far in the season + 4 at international level - his value already double what I paid.

done via facepacks downloading. problem is most facepacks are 4gb+

as promised here are the download links for both tactics,

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsygf056y3nwdw6 442 ays, left inside forward

http://www.mediafire.com/?9jn8mob6kja2ihu 442 ays, right inside forward

I dont use any OI unless its against a big team, then I do the usual closing down and show onto weak foot on the dangerman. both employ a Covering CB and Stopper CB, fullacks are on automatic, remember to change starting strategy depending on the type of game it is ( away i usually use counter) also its worth bearing in mind the deeper winger is a defensive winger (hoilett is usless in this position) you will ship goals, not quite worked out how to stop that yet, still tweaking (dont let my run of wins fool you)

Also one last thing, remember to add the tactic into your match prep BEFORE using it. you should aim for accomplished in each catagory at the very least before using it (gives poor results otherwise)

Any feedback is welcome, every tactic needs tweaks.

As a side not, I have just won the League Cup, beat Chelsea 3-1 in the final

Playing as Rovers

First season ins

John Utaka 1.1m

Simon Church 1.7

Gail Assusin Free

Fred Sears Loan

Koikilla Loan (January)

Jaroslav Cerny (free January)

David Edwards (free January)

First season outs

Grella 2m

Andrews Loan 1.1m

Givet 7.7m (January)

Yougsters Loaned out

In the first season John Utaka scored 25 goals in all competitions and 10 assists to lead me to winning the FA cup and a 7 place finish in the league. Kallanic was injured most of the season but when he came back he scored in the fa cup final to seal a 3-1 victory over spuds and also scored 8 goals in 6 games to push me up to 7th. Most my young players developed and because i played jones most off the time his stats have rocketed. My team for most of the season was

Robbo

Emerton Samba Jones Koikila/Givet

Hoilett Liganzi/Nzonzi Pederson Olsson

Utaka Church/Kallanic

2nd season ins

Jose Enrique 3.1m

Suk Free

Nathan Delfiousio 5.5/part exchange(bunn)

Henderson 5m

Micheal Owen free

Steven Taylor 140k

Jamaine Pennant 575k

(Have agreed deals for David Beckham and Per Skjebred)

Outs

EHD 1.2m

Herold Goulon 2m

I released many players but the most noticable are Benjani, Roberts and Salgado LOADS of reserves

Started the season well got up too fourth after about 10 games but then my form slid and I slid down the table to 8th but with my game in hand I could move upto 6th so not all bad through to the knockouts of the europa league and teh semis of the carling cup my team off current is

Robbo

Emerton Samba Jones Enrique

Hoilot/Banton Henderson Liganzi Olsson

Delfounso Kalanic/Utaka

You are doing great Miker. Do you normally buy lots if wonder kids at the start and then let them play themselves in to the team?

I couldn't really find too many and those that I could, I couldn't afford from the start anyway. As I posted earlier, the players I bought were quite average and really just acted as extra cover/competition. You start with a very small budget and I was lucky to get about 15mil in my second season after finishing 7th. But that money goes away very quickly. Mame Diouf (4mil), Vaughan (3mil), Jonathan(4mil), and a few others for roughly 1-2mil. Plus you have agent fees now, so I end up spending about 500k per player just on that.

That said, you can find some awesome computer generated players in the game such as Anibal Cassama and Tadej Pahor in my game. Pahor I bought for about 600k, current ability is ***, potential ability is ****1/2. He's a central midfielder and has something like 15 assists in 25 games. His set pieces are pretty much perfect and Samba has scored around 15 goals as a result. He should really have more though as he gets 2-3 clear cut chances from set pieces per game.

2nd season ins

Jose Enrique 3.1m

Suk Free

Nathan Delfiousio 5.5/part exchange(bunn)

Henderson 5m

Micheal Owen free

Steven Taylor 140k

Jamaine Pennant 575k

(Have agreed deals for David Beckham and Per Skjebred)

Outs

EHD 1.2m

Herold Goulon 2m

I released many players but the most noticable are Benjani, Roberts and Salgado LOADS of reserves

Started the season well got up too fourth after about 10 games but then my form slid and I slid down the table to 8th but with my game in hand I could move upto 6th so not all bad through to the knockouts of the europa league and teh semis of the carling cup my team off current is

Robbo

Emerton Samba Jones Enrique

Hoilot/Banton Henderson Liganzi Olsson

Delfounso Kalanic/Utaka

I signed Skjelbred on a free in January as well, but haven't played him much yet due to the aforementioned Tadej Pahor doing so well and also having Dunn and Pedersen to play the role, so opportunities are limited. I've started giving Banton a go more often too, but he's been fairly inconsistent and Judge has done far better. Interesting to see you using Linganzi both seasons as he's been my best defensive midfielder as well and N'zonzi has been slightly off the pace, despite his awesome stats now.

Also, how has Jose Enrique been doing for you? He's one of the left backs I was looking at, but couldn't afford at the time.

So... 5 games to go for me, 3 points off 7th place. First 2 matches are against Chelsea and Liverpool, so I don't see myself getting anything from them, but hopefully can win the other 3 and that will be enough to secure 7th. I was drawn against United in the quarter final and lost the away leg 2-0. I think that's it for me as far as the Europa League is concerned :( just my luck to be drawn against the strongest team still left in the competition.

4gb isnt a problem.

Do they slow the game down though or not?

If not - which is the best facepack to download?

I dont think they make too much of a difference in terms of speed. I had one on fm10 and didnt see any problems. not got around to putting one on fm11 yet due to my trip last year, however the performance may drop if you have a low end system.

The one Miker has looks very good, certainly one of the better ones I have seen (link is at top of page)

Finished the second season in 7th place again. Drew to United in the Euro quarters and was knocked out, but still a good result for our first time there.

I've released Nelsen, Dorsin, and Goulon in the new season. Dunn and Sektioui retired. Streller and Magera were sold for 1mil and 1.6mil respectively.

I've brought in Caicedo permanently for 800k and Mehdi Carcela on an initial loan deal with a 1mil future fee if I want to take him on permanently. He can play anywhere across the midfield and has some excellent stats, so hoping for big things from him.

I also brought in another computer generated player (Damian Mayor) with some phenomenal stats... can't be bothered taking a screenshot but here are his best stats(14+):

Corners - 14

Crossing - 17

Dribbling - 17

Finishing - 14

First Touch - 17

Long Shots - 14

Passing - 17

Penalties - 17

Technique - 17

Bravery - 15

Creativity - 14

Determination - 20

Off The Ball - 16

Acceleration - 15

Agility - 14

Pace - 17

Stamina - 14

19 year old Argentinian, paid 4.5 initially with 5 mil over 24 months. He has **** current ability rating and ***** potential ability!

Haha I still have problems with my left back position... Jose Angel was disappointing on loan and Givet is my main left back at this point, with no one else able to play the position. I tried signing Leighton Baines and Joleon Lescott but their wages were too high and had an opportunity to sign Zhirkov on a free but he chose Everton over us :( I thought he was meant to be a Blackburn fan!

I signed Skjelbred on a free in January as well, but haven't played him much yet due to the aforementioned Tadej Pahor doing so well and also having Dunn and Pedersen to play the role, so opportunities are limited. I've started giving Banton a go more often too, but he's been fairly inconsistent and Judge has done far better. Interesting to see you using Linganzi both seasons as he's been my best defensive midfielder as well and N'zonzi has been slightly off the pace, despite his awesome stats now.

Also, how has Jose Enrique been doing for you? He's one of the left backs I was looking at, but couldn't afford at the time.

Jose Enrique is solid and his corners are amazing jones and samba have scorwed like 6 goals each from the corners. I played Judge in my first season abit and didn't rate him atall and banton seems really good this season and Liganzi is amazing better than NZonzi by a country mile :). I'll do another update later when I finish my second season any suggestions for a right back young with lots of potenial and cheap :)

I signed up but I cant find just 1 single mega pack....just a file that gives me about 9 seperate files?!

If you click the link again it takes you to a page with all the mirrors ****NOTE from what I have read you have to download version 3.2. sadly for a free member it is split into 8 parts purly due to download limits on free hosting sites. be sure to download the config file as well.

Just finished my first season. not going to beleive this but i finished 4th!! I was on a massive push for 2nd but I lost my last 5 or 6 games.. screen shots to follow later

Yes guys keep the updates coming very interesting to read.

You want an update:

Started a new game with Blackburn, after winning everything with spurs on my other game 2 seasons in. Used the same tactic as it was one I created and I know it leads to awesome results with the right type of player. Below are my ins and outs:

Out:

Keith Andrews 2.7m Fulham

Pascal Chimbonda 1.3m Hoffenheim

Jason Brown 1.3m Arsenal

Jason Roberts 800k Stuttgart

El Hadji Diouf 4m Stuttgart

Vince Grella Loan 150k Hoffenheim

Amine Linganzi Loan 130k Mallorca

Brett Emerton Loan 150k Levante

Total fees £10.5m

In:

Kyle Walker (Loan from spurs) Replaced Salgado who I feel doesnt have the legs

Landon Donavon £5m La Galaxy - Creativity in my midfield

Romelu Lukaku - £9m Anderlecht - Perfect for the system I play

Milan Badelj 4m NK Dinamo - Another midfielder, spitting image of Kalinic with shorter hair

Total fees: 18m

Results: 12th December and I am 4th in the league (Arsenal 40, Man U 38, Chelsea 37, Rovers 37) and in the semi finals of the league cup against Spurs. My cup form has been abysmal to be honest, played Northampton, Leicester, Swansea and Wolves so far, Leicester took me to extra time, Swansea where 2-0 up before I beat them on penalties, beat wolves 3-2.

The league is a different story, already I have beaten Man U away 2-1, Liverpool at home 3-2 (after being 3-0 up), Spurs home 3-1. Lost to chelsea 1-0, City 3-1 and Arsenal 3-1 though, so not all good news.

3.2 full pack, then add 3.3 updates :)

No, 3.3 full includes all the 3.2 updates, just as 3.2 full includes all 3.1 and so on. If they have already got a previous pack then download 3.3 updates only, if they dont then download 3.3 all, as that includes everything

Archived