BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba New Club Captain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you build teams around centre-backs, but I appreciate your sentiment.

Seems a perfectly valid comment to me. If your CB is a good player and you are lacking at other positions then you do build around him, I think.

Seems a perfectly valid comment to me. If your CB is a good player and you are lacking at other positions then you do build around him, I think.

I've always thought the 'backbone' approach is best for a team. Goalkeeper, CB, CM, Striker as your solid base. We've got the GK and the CB, not sure we've got a decent enough CM and not got the sort of Striker you can build a team on. Kalinic is a 'play off a striker' kind but I reckon a CM is essential for us to progress.

• 4 weeks later...

Nelsen talking about handing over the captancy on the field to Samba.

“It’s no big deal,” said Nelsen. “I am the club captain but no longer the captain on the park. Chris is an incredible player and at 26 it was the right time to do it (hand him the captaincy).

“I had five and a half years as captain.

“My new role as club captain is a bit like being on a board when they have an old guy who they don't want to get rid of so they find him a new job.”

:lol:

Gotta love him.

Nelsen talking about handing over the captancy on the field to Samba.

“It’s no big deal,” said Nelsen. “I am the club captain but no longer the captain on the park. Chris is an incredible player and at 26 it was the right time to do it (hand him the captaincy).

“I had five and a half years as captain.

“My new role as club captain is a bit like being on a board when they have an old guy who they don't want to get rid of so they find him a new job.”

:lol:

Gotta love him.

I agree, I am a cynical @#/? and have little time for today's footballers, but Nelsen always strikes me as a guy that is really thankful for his career and enjoys every minute of it.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived