BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tony Parkes Returns

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to hear Tony Parkes is back where he belongs.....Ewood Park :tu:

In this age of football mercinaries, there`s very few people like Tony who actually LOVE :wub: their club, & i reckon there`ll be even less people like Tony in the future. We should cherrish the return of a true Roverite! :brfc:

Tony signed a few duds when he was manager - Per Pedersen ?

Saw him make his Rovers debut as a young fresh-faced lad.

God I feel old.

Harsh about Pedersen-I'm pretty sure he got permission from Hodgson.

Didn't Pedersen's goal at Chelsea help keep us up?

The best thing we ever did was get rid of Tony Parkes! For no other reason than his testimonial allowed me to see Alan Shearer once again scoring a goal in a Rovers shirt at the Blackburn End. Welcome back Tony. True legend.

The best thing we ever did was get rid of Tony Parkes! For no other reason than his testimonial allowed me to see Alan Shearer once again scoring a goal in a Rovers shirt at the Blackburn End. Welcome back Tony. True legend.

Wasn't it Tony's testimonial when Tugay put on a wonderful dispay of tricks; pretending to catch the ball and later pretending to pick it up?

Glad to hear Parksie is back where he belongs. :)

Should never have been let go in my opinion... :glare:

im big fan of parkes, but there may have been other factors, bacup. THIS IS ALL ALLEGEDLEY....

tony parkes nearly sold damien duff, david dunn and matt jansen in his last spell as manager! also heards he made a few sarcastic comments about souness leaving, which allegedley prompted mark hughes to replace him!

im pleased he's back,cos he's a true legend and gave debuts to many a rovers starlet! also did an amazing job in keeping rovers in the prem after ray harford left. heard him on radio lancs tribute to jack walker and he was moved to tears at 1 point! very moving!

welcome back, tony!

• 4 months later...

Archived