BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

Flopsy

Right, due to my PC melting last week, I've not had chance to write anything other than, ooo Birmingham at St Andrew's, Deep Joy and Excitement.

You should go if you want Stubs to go to see Blackpool.

Glenn will write something about hotels. And if my Bluenose freind gets back from their hols in time, I'll get a Q&A up ASAP

________________MORE TO FOLLOW SOON_________________

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom said at the FF that last year would have to be taken into account as there weren't sufficient games this season for it to be fair. I assume they'll be including stubs from this season too though. It should only be a problem if the new stand isn't finished in time, given the numbers for Burnley last year.

Btw, pre match beers, I'd suggest the Gosta Green or Sack of Potatoes on Aston Campus (Woodcock Street) 20 minute walk to the ground, but unlikely to have issues with City fans.

The food's usually good as well

Tom said at the FF that last year would have to be taken into account as there weren't sufficient games this season for it to be fair. I assume they'll be including stubs from this season too though. It should only be a problem if the new stand isn't finished in time, given the numbers for Burnley last year.

I'm assuming like Glenn that Tom meant that the Birmingham game would be taken into account but they would also use last year's records as well - it would be unfair to base allocation on just the Birmingham game. I guess if you have 3 or more away visits on your record from last year you should be fine for Blackpool tickets without the Birmingham game. However, I do think the demand for Blackpool tickets will be at least as strong as for Burnley. A lot of people didn't go to Burnley because of the travel restrictions and I would imagine a lot will be planning a session or a weekend in Blackpool to go with the game. So we might find you need more games for Blackpool than you did for Burnley.

• Moderation Lead

I hope they don't make too much of an issue of the Brum game. I can't make it sadly as I'm at a wedding the night before (as are all my Rovers supporting mates!). I'm planning to get to Man City away though! I went to 6 away last season, so hopefully that should suffice :rover:

Brum looked pretty average at Sunderland but I don't think we have done enough turning things around to be confident about a win at St Andrews.

We are well capable of losing this though not as badly as the last two horrendous visits to St Andrews.

Predicting a 1-1 draw and rain.

• Backroom

Brum looked pretty average at Sunderland but I don't think we have done enough turning things around to be confident about a win at St Andrews.

We are well capable of losing this though not as badly as the last two horrendous visits to St Andrews.

Predicting a 1-1 draw and rain.

Oooo you misery! :P:lol:

Isn't there a bit too much optimism on here? :P If we can defend like we did on Saturday, anything is possible. Keep it tight and nick a goal on the break. Mame could a very useful player away from home this season, with his pace on the break. 1-0 to Rovers, big Chris Samba just before half time and a nervy last 10-20 minutes.

Archived