BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

Flopsy

Stephen Carr is very slow and should be their weak link. With Olsson's pace I think we will give them more trouble than last year.

Birmingham was one of the surprises last year, but as Tom are saying I too also think they were very fortunate.

I think we will win 1-3 with Kali, Olsson and Gamst scoring.

It is time we turn around our absymal away performances.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen Carr is very slow and should be their weak link. With Olsson's pace I think we will give them more trouble than last year.

Birmingham was one of the surprises last year, but as Tom are saying I too also think they were very fortunate.

I think we will win 1-3 with Kali, Olsson and Gamst scoring.

It is time we turn around our absymal away performances.

unbelievably steven carr destroyed us last year thats how bad we played and we let a pony striker like jerome do a very good drogba impression, in short it would not be possible for us to be worse than last season,

1-0 rovers. samba 22minutes( pedersen corner flicked on by kalinic near post thumping header 6 yards samba)

and we let a pony striker like jerome do a very good drogba impression

Bit like Heskey is good old Jerome, rarely scores against others but seems to always score against us. I can remember at least 4 in about 5 games. Nailed on for Sat, get your mortgage on it at around 2/1 ;)

Id take a draw right now. Birmingham at home were very tough to beat last season and after last weekend they're going to be more eager to win than us. Confidence will be high so I dont see many reasons to not hope for a win, but id accept a draw. Hopefully Pedersen can be as effective this week as last week, esp if Dunn's out.

To be honest I don't want Grella anywhere near the team anymore. People think Andrews is a liability. This guy is a bigger one.

Trouble is he's a liability on 30k+. Nobody is going to take this bugger off us when he's earning that much and permanently injured. When does his contract run out? So frustrating.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw here. Although I'd love nothing more than to do over Big Club.

I'm not sure if anybody else has commented, but Radio Lancs today said both Grella and Dunn would not be available for the match.

There's a shock!! :o

Dunn I can accept because its just niggles here n there, Grella gets a strain and you dont see him for 3 months!! :angry2:

Either a draw or a 2-1 win for Rovers.....As im not attending, we will probably win.

The team:

-------Robbo--------

Mick--Nelsen-Samba©-GG

EHD---Jones-N'Zonzi--Ollson

---------MGP-----------

--------Kalinic---------

The score:

1-1

Ferguson, Diouf

A draw would be a very good result considering their home form, summer spending and our record at St Andrews.

I would think we will stick with the side and formation that we played after Dunny had to go off injured. I'd like to see M.Diouf start, perhaps alongside Niko, just slightly off him or on the wing but being allowed to link up with him. He looked very bright when he came on against Everton.

Lot of pressure on the wingers if Dunny is out, need Diouf to put in another decent display.

Rovers looking to inflict a first home defeat in 11 months for Big Club.

Rovers away from home? Best not to talk about that, 3 away wins last year I think.

Not looking good, but I'm hoping the good feeling from the Everton win and the takeover euphoria will give us an added boost.

Expecting a draw (0-0), hoping for a win (2-1)

what are our ticket sales like for this one? I am going down with 2 mates and hope for better after that 4 v 1 collapse when sparky was in charge.

My best memory at Brum was when we were in the promotion hunt with City to come back up to the Premiership. I could only get 2 tickets in the Birmingham home end immediately behind their goal about 15 rows up. We were surrounded by some rather unpleasant looking animals when Duff scored a wonder goal (one of his best) in a 2 nil win....I stuffed my mouth with crisps to stop me cheering and paying a visit to casualty....I let rip outside when the apes had gone home to mate.

Archived