BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Today We Went To Manchester..............

Gav

..........nothing strange in that I hear you say, we saw Roberto Mancini and Morten Gamst Pedersen dining in San Carlos.......

But the real reason for this thread was the tribute to a Rovers fan on platform 3a at Manchester Victoria station? Someone called Alex? Anyone got any ideas what that’s all about? Rovers scarf and flowers attached to the bars at the side of the platform? Tragedy or something else?

Took us by surprise really and left us wondering?

Arrived back in Blackburn and had a swift one in Witherspoons, brought us back into the real world as you can imagine!

I didn't realise he was a Rovers fan and hadn't seen the tributes but yes that would indeed be him. He was a conductor based out of Victoria. Was a real shock when I heard he'd died last week as anyone who travelled regularly on the local trains couldn't fail to notice him he was a very friendly chap who always seemed to be happy and having a laugh. Real shame.

My wife and I were on a train that pulled into Leyland station on the opposite platform at the same time.. We were held up for ages and fretting because we'd missed the 9am London train from Preston. Then we were told about an "incident" having occurred and in the end the rumour went round that a guard had jumped from his train and been killed. No trains left the region for hours. Didn't know anything about Rovers connections of course. There were floral tributes at Leyland station the next day.

Archived