BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

Translation from their Official club site.

I just completed negotiations between FC, Blackburn and Ivelin Popov. The attacker has the English football team. . All three countries are satisfied with the arrangements. Ivelin Popov comes back in Bulgaria on Thursday to collect their luggage and to submit documents for a British work visa. Popov next week will join Blackburn.

Well that is good news. Wonder how close to the 2 million mark the fee is?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and yeah, this is pretty good news if this is true. He is probably the best Bulgarian in the Bulgarian league, which isn't saying much, but at 22 years old and for only 2 million, this can turn out to be another great signing. I don't know how long it will take him to get adapted to the Premiership, as it really is a huge switch, but he has all the tools to be as good as Martin or Stilyan Petrov.

No no Mr Nixon is excellent at this job.Thats why i checked it & it didn't check out at my end.

various sources have that one, robertino.... one in particular has him at LA Vecchia on loan for a season before a 10 million (what? lira?) purchase. bollux, right??? they're cleaning house over there... why bring more of the same trash

(committment challenged playboys)they're clearing out? (Diego anyone????)

Does anyone know much about popov? Is he rated highly? I hadn't heard of him before

reposting:

and yeah, this is pretty good news if this is true. He is probably the best Bulgarian in the Bulgarian league, which isn't saying much, but at 22 years old and for only 2 million, this can turn out to be another great signing. I don't know how long it will take him to get adapted to the Premiership, as it really is a huge switch, but he has all the tools to be as good as Martin or Stilyan Petrov.

On one hand he might be exactly what we need...an attacking playmaker who is a good leader and can play on the right wing or in a more forward position. He can create and score goals. The only question is how long before he is ready. Might be like Kalinic and demand a bit of time, but then you have Nzonzi who settled in immediately...

On one hand he might be exactly what we need...an attacking playmaker who is a good leader and can play on the right wing or in a more forward position. He can create and score goals. The only question is how long before he is ready. Might be like Kalinic and demand a bit of time, but then you have Nzonzi who settled in immediately...

Sounds alot like a younger, fitter Dunn. If he can live up to his potential we could a hell of a prospect here.

When did this happen? I hadnt even heard of us interested in Popov, let alone sign him so quickly. He looks like a link player between midfield and attack and if its true that he is costing 2-3 million pounds, isnt it a bit weird considering the fact that the club is in takeover talks?

Just caught up with all the nonsense on the previous thread.

some of our members are clearly ungrateful at the snippets and info from our visitor Mr Nixon. he may be scottish, he may be a mirror newspaper employee/subscriber or whatever and he may be a jags/bolton fan but hey, be happy that he comes on here and gives us fans a decent honest view and his info is almost always spot on.

Appreciate what we get because I bet there are plenty of other forums that would love to have hom onboard

Archived