BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems weird if Popov has signed. We spend months trawling round for decent strikers with name after name disappearing from our reach then all of a sudden his name crops up and later on there are reports he has already signed. I won't be complaining if he is definietly in but we do need to be a little cautious until all is confirmed. Popov in with Benjani as a 4th choice and our "experienced" head on a short term deal won't cause much complaining from me. It will do for now until the money floods in.

So when did players become secondhand cars? How is it that a club will let a player come for trials, medicals and testicles if he is still under contract.

I thought if a club are willing to let the player go for trials at other clubs whilst under contract, the player is either bobbins or the club is skint.

Which is it ?

Just caught up with all the nonsense on the previous thread.

some of our members are clearly ungrateful at the snippets and info from our visitor Mr Nixon. he may be scottish, he may be a mirror newspaper employee/subscriber or whatever and he may be a jags/bolton fan but hey, be happy that he comes on here and gives us fans a decent honest view and his info is almost always spot on.

Appreciate what we get because I bet there are plenty of other forums that would love to have hom onboard

Alan Nixon's never ever wrong but he's good for the board and always readable. Trouble is the ones formerly known as 'Nickoteens' currently have a new hero who has replaced Nicko at the top of this particular perch. :rolleyes:

Popov's club think there is a deal. They claim he is coming back to sort out his work permit, which should be a formality. And then he returns to Blackburn next week.

He is their captain, best player, etc. I think they might know what they are talking about.

This is big news over there and they would surely know what is happening. Of course there could be some optimism on their part as the fee - which won't be as big as £3 million and more likely half - is a whole lot of potatoes for them.

In his case the test could have been brief. Rovers know he can kick it straight and it would just be a quick assessment otherwise.

The local paper or its new-look twitter edition will be getting their news from the 'cautious' club source they go to. It would not be the first time this summer that the chairman didn't know what the manager was doing...

Is he an attacking midfielder?

Sam will try to bring in another striker as well though, right?

I doubt a 'main' striker as was the plan, there will be no money.

We can't buy better than Kalinic so we've done right to try and add goals from the supporting midfield.

If we can't shift Roberts than I reckon we'll go with what we've got, if we can manage to get rid we'll definitely get someone else.

I doubt a 'main' striker as was the plan, there will be no money.

We can't buy better than Kalinic so we've done right to try and add goals from the supporting midfield.

If we can't shift Roberts than I reckon we'll go with what we've got, if we can manage to get rid we'll definitely get someone else.

Risky.

Teymorian thinks he'll be joining us in January!!

http://www.thedailyrover.com/archives/5043?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyRover+%28The+Daily+Rover%29

Maybe nicko was right and this takeover won't happen afterall :D

The Popov story has moved on since that first edition of the Mirror. The one you can buy in the newsagent will have the update.

Not many newsagents open this time of night..

83092850.jpg

Coooooooooooey!

I'm a little teapot,

Short and stout,

Here is my handle (one hand on hip),

Here is my spout (other arm out straight),

When I get all steamed up,

Hear me shout,

Tip me over and pour me out! (lean over toward spout)

I'm a very special teapot,

Yes, it's true,

Here's an example of what I can do,

I can turn my handle into a spout,

Tip me over and pour me out!,

Nicko is it a positive move?

I'm a little teapot,

Short and stout,

Here is my handle (one hand on hip),

Here is my spout (other arm out straight),

When I get all steamed up,

Hear me shout,

Tip me over and pour me out! (lean over toward spout)

I'm a very special teapot,

Yes, it's true,

Here's an example of what I can do,

I can turn my handle into a spout,

Tip me over and pour me out!,

And you had the cheek to criticise my version of 'Imagine'....

Fair's fair ;)

Archived