BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

Ricky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? I've thought since the start that Kalinic is good enough, and seeing Diouf against Everton makes me think he's good enough for second choice. Let's just hope we can shift Roberts.

Because we'll have only two strikers until January, both still relatively unproven. You don't think that's a risk?

Teymorian thinks he'll be joining us in January!!

http://www.thedailyrover.com/archives/5043?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyRover+%28The+Daily+Rover%29

Maybe nicko was right and this takeover won't happen afterall :D

Not many newsagents open this time of night..

You really are a tedious ######.

I think of the many hundred posts you have come up with a large percentage have been stilly little sneiders.

The point I made is that there would not be any money in this window - despite your daft drivel to suggest otherwise - and to be cautious about the long-term conclusion and the attempt to hurry up the most important decision in this club's history.

Where did I say it wouldn't happen?

And, by the way, a newsagent is outside. In the real world.

Get out more.

The fuse.

"Meanwhile, Indian tycoon Ahsan Ali Syed wants to bring Beckham to Blackburn when he buys the club.

The Bahrain-based millionaire is a huge Beckham fan and will promise the former England skipper a massive pay day to end his career at Ewood Park.

He said: 'I was 26 when I started following the Premier League. I used to like Blackburn back then and also used to follow Manchester United's fortunes because of David Beckham.

'If my finances allow and his intentions are positive then I would love to take Beckham.'

Ali Syed is currently going through Blackburn's books and hopes to seal his £300m takeover within a month."

Cryer will be weeping in his pyjamas. :lol: Vinjay just committed suicide.

In all seriousness it could make sense for Becks, even if we have to wait til January. Look at his England predicament, performing well in the PL would look a lot better than doing it in the amatuer US leagues as well as getting much more exposure and he could be pursuaded to come on the same grounds as his Galaxy move if Mr Syed could convice him he would be playing a big part in promoting football in India.

Having said that, would he come to another EPL team other than Man Utd? It's all pie in the sky right now anways I guess but interesting to think about...

Who the f--k wants a washed-up Beckham ?

We need today's and tomorrow's stars.

Beckham makes massive amounts of money for any team he plays for and is probably the only footballer in the World that you'd buy for non-footballing reasons (not too say I agree he's totally washed up) but he would be the only person I would accept as a "promotion of Rovers" buy and he would have a massive effect....

I'd bring him in for thefollowing reasons:

1. He's still a reasonably good player.

2. He's a fanny magnet. How many more women would consider paying attention to us if he came over here?

3. His experiences on and off the field may help the younger players and the youth team.

4. We'll get so much PR and media interest.

• Backroom

Popov's club think there is a deal. They claim he is coming back to sort out his work permit, which should be a formality. And then he returns to Blackburn next week.

He is their captain, best player, etc. I think they might know what they are talking about.

This is big news over there and they would surely know what is happening. Of course there could be some optimism on their part as the fee - which won't be as big as £3 million and more likely half - is a whole lot of potatoes for them.

In his case the test could have been brief. Rovers know he can kick it straight and it would just be a quick assessment otherwise.

The local paper or its new-look twitter edition will be getting their news from the 'cautious' club source they go to. It would not be the first time this summer that the chairman didn't know what the manager was doing...

If his club are right there was no trial purely a medical which is in contrast to what both you and the LET guys have been saying today.

Now I presume yourself and the LET boys share some sources but have your own channels so there seems to be different messages coming from these shores and overseas.

And on Beckham, against my better judgement I think I would get swept away in Beckham mania. Would love it to happen personally.

Beckham still has a few years left in him, he wants to carry on playing so he'll want to be in the public eye. If we offer him a big enough wage I'm sure he'd come.

The shirt sales would blow my mind.

We are Blackburn and not Real Madrid!

We are Blackburn and not Real Madrid!

Beckham went to LA Galaxy on the basis that he could be part of the promotion of "Soccer" in the States? Why wouldn't he want to be part of promoting it in India..

I'm not saying it'll happen, but given his age, his current club and the need to impress Capello it's not that unrealistic. Comments like we are not Real Madrid are mis-placed because last time I checked they didn't want him.

Precisely the concern I had about this deal.

The PR machine said the right things at the beginning but the bottom line with gazillionaires is that they want to pick the teams and buy the players. I bet Sam is delighted that he cant afford a couple of miilion for a striker and this guy wants to bring in Beckham. Show me a club that is stable with the exception of Chelsea after the money men come in. West Ham and Portsmouth were basket cases and Man City are just waiting for the bubble to burst.

We were truly blessed with Jack and his vision for the club and community and it worries me no end that our club could end up on a roller coaster ride to nowhere. Still if you prefer a passionate affair that leaves you heartbroken but good while it lasted then this may be just the partnership.

Beckham...? There goes my hopes of this takeover not being a City-style circus.

The difference being Beckham is near the end of his career, was worth £10m last time the Galxy quoted Milan a price for him and could possibly play a massive part in Syed's plan to market Rovers abraod. Ultimately it could be something that pays for itself several times over.

In terms of how Sam would feel, well Becks fits perfectly with his tactic of taking former world class players at the end of their careers and reviving a bit of that magic one last time.

That is a world away from when Al-Fahim rocked up announcing City would be buying Ronaldo, Torres and Kaka. And what they are doing now of investing in obvious and huge losses...

Personally, I don't think we'd get him but at the same time it's not as ridiculous as it may sound, Beckham is a shrewder businessman than he gets credit for and increasing his profile in India wouldn't do his bank balance any harm either.

Oh and again to the person who said "we aren't Real Madrid", well we're good enough for Salgado and Guti was real possibility at one time.

A bit of lazy journalism there, Mr. Syed made a throwaway quote about Beckham in another interview and the Mail have just recycled it to make it sound like we're on the verge of signing him. The takeover hasn't even been confirmed yet.

If it did go through, signing Beckham could be a stroke of marketing genius. Did someone say we wanted to make an impression in india and Asia?

A bit of lazy journalism there, Mr. Syed made a throwaway quote about Beckham in another interview and the Mail have just recycled it to make it sound like we're on the verge of signing him.

A good point and I suspect the original question was not "who are you looking to buy" but specifically "Beckham is a great player, would you like to bring him to Blackburn?".

Of course with our present squad you'd say yes. He also is quite clear that it would have to be financially viable and more importantly that he wanted to come.

You can't expect effort from the Daily Mail though.. the Star have chipped in too now

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/149768/Blackburn-Rovers-bidder-wants-David-Beckham/

Oh and nicko, maybe this explain Sam's coyness on the timing of it going through...

Big Sam is refusing to get carried away and knows the speculation linking the club with a major cash injection could ruin his chances of landing a new striker before the transfer window closes.

If it did go through, signing Beckham could be a stroke of marketing genius. Did someone say we wanted to make an impression in india and Asia?

And that would be it. He's never been anything other than a bloke with a good right foot yet he seems to command world wide popularity. Most odd imo.

Archived