BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ivelin Popov

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he has failed his test because of Narcotics, then surely he will not be allowed to play for his club either. No wonder they were so eager to get rid of him, probably thought its best if we reveal the reason, rather than them.

If he has failed his test because of Narcotics, then surely he will not be allowed to play for his club either. No wonder they were so eager to get rid of him, probably thought its best if we reveal the reason, rather than them.

He didn't fail his medics and he doesn't do drugs.

Your club can't afford him I think, and we need more money cause we need to finish the renovation of the stadium. We missed the CL groups and now we will be out from Europa Cup too, so we need much more than 1.5 mil. During the winter PSV wanted him on Loand and with buying option for 3.5 mil. So I think its best if he stays in Bulgaria for now. I will tell you tonight if he is training with Litex, if he isnot perhaps he is back to sort his documents...who knows. Though its strange that our club keeps it silent

Guest brianpepper

I've worked in Sofia and its safe to say administration is akin to something from some mothers do av em.

I think for a stop gap we don't need to pay over the odds for an average Bulgarian

He didn't fail his medics and he doesn't do drugs.

Your club can't afford him I think, and we need more money cause we need to finish the renovation of the stadium. We missed the CL groups and now we will be out from Europa Cup too, so we need much more than 1.5 mil. During the winter PSV wanted him on Loand and with buying option for 3.5 mil. So I think its best if he stays in Bulgaria for now. I will tell you tonight if he is training with Litex, if he isnot perhaps he is back to sort his documents...who knows. Though its strange that our club keeps it silent

i was merely specualting, because if its true about the narcotics, then he had to fail some sort of test. They will do some sort of urine test, its something that is regularly done to check for any illegal performance enhancing substances being used. Im not saying that he is taking drugs, just going off what somebody has posted.

I dont understand why you indicating that we couldnt afford him, when the Litex website put up on there, that he will join Rovers, subject to whatever needed to be sorted out. Obviously John Williams has come out, and said that no deal has been agreed, so why did they feel the need to do that?

• Backroom

To be fair, I don't think nicko went big on this one- in fact he ignored it.

He did an article on him having a test and then changed it once the rumours came from Bulgaria. Then went on to say Cryer and Plunkett denied it because they get their news from a cautious club source.

In this instance it appears they were spot on. I still hope there is another twist in this one and he ends up here though.

I simply dont get this, surely if you get a player on trial or 'Test' a fee must have been agreed in principle first?

It must be that he failed the test or we are playing silly buggers.

That completely depends on Litex, doesn't it?

Obviously we wanted a look at him before deciding on what sort of fee he was worth. Litex must have been happy for it to happen that way.

We did similar with Ghilas last season, we tried to renegotiate the fee with Celta after the test (Sam obviously realised he was a bit crap and wanted to pay less).

If we can get away with having a look at the player before buying then I'm all for it. I'll be very disappointed if we miss out on Popov though, he sounds perfect for us.

more popping jokes?

Seriously, the behaviour of Litex Lovech makes sense now. Sorry to impugn your fellow countrymen Mr E but posting the "done deal" all over their website is the way in my experience that the thought processes of business people in that part of the world work when they have a useless asset they desperately want to flog off (to a non-local).

I just want to see how their website will introduce him back to the squad, as they even deleted his profile, and the latest news on there concerning him still is that he is "a Blackburn player".

It's just a bit absurd...like you can never in a million years imagine Rovers or another top English club posting such a thing on their official website...and then having to retract it.

lol, I don't know if anyone even cares anymore, but another rumor suggests that Litex really want Popov to play his final game for the club next week in the 2nd leg vs Debrecen, and so the transfer has only been delayed for a week. So Rovers can't officially admit a deal has been agreed, otherwise he won't be allowed to play in that game.

http://sportline.bg/news/67539/

lol, I don't know if anyone even cares anymore, but another rumor suggests that Litex really want Popov to play his final game for the club next week in the 2nd leg vs Debrecen, and so the transfer has only been delayed for a week. So Rovers can't officially admit a deal has been agreed, otherwise he won't be allowed to play in that game.

Yea, I saw that, there was another story that he will be officially announced on Monday, again from a Bulgarian site.

Probably garbage

Sounds dubious- if we couldn't admit a deal had been agreed or he couldn't play in that game, why would Litex announce it? It's them that would lose the most.

On the other hand, no suggestions from the LET yet that the deal is off altogether? We know how quick they are to say that...

What a strange saga this is!

Given that the only striker we're linked with now is a free transfer, I'm hoping that's because were are buying Popov with the money.

If he doesn't come then we really don't have anyone who could play Dunn's role and be a goal threat.

At the moment I am in Sofia in Bulgaria and the latest news re Popov is interesting:

-firstly he did not play this weekend(a la Schwarzer of Fulham?)

-secondly newspaper reports here say that BFS does want to buy him and its the price and the 'add-ons' that the delay is about

Maybe we will sign him before he plays at Wembley after all.

The phrase here is "Da,da ama ne" which roughly translates as 'yes to your face,yes when you check and then a sneaky no"

Lets hope in this case it is "Da ne ama da". And its 35 deg Centigrade here and hasn't rained for a month.Happy days!

-secondly newspaper reports here say that BFS does want to buy him and its the price and the 'add-ons' that the delay is about

This seems strange too though. His club were happy to announce him as sold for 1.5 million with a 20 percent sell-on. I know we're a bit skint, but surely we're not baulking at this price for a young prospect like this?!? Personally I hate agreeing to sell-on clauses, and would rather pay an extra 500k now instead if possible, but 1.5 million for the Bulgarian player of the year at 22 years old, who plays in several positions, HAS to be considered a snip!

Archived