BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ground Tour

BPF

My quest to get the wife interested in Rovers continues.

I have managed to convince her to come on the ground tour this Sunday.

The thing is, I've just bought our tickets now. Can I collect them from the club shop before 11am on Sunday or will I have to go collect them on Saturday?

The thread can be closed after someone answers!

Thank you!

We went last year on a Sunday and we didn't even have tickets to collect. We just turned up outside the blues bar (as everything else was shut) and the guy doing the tour just came over to us and took us on the tour. When I booked the tour, the tour organiser just said they put our names down on the list.

The tour was brilliant. My girlfriend has no idea about football but she loved it. We were the only two on the tour as the other small group failed to appear. We walked around the entire ground, went into so many areas of the stadium where the guy said he wouldn't normally take people. Went into the managers office and saw what he had for his post-match drink with the opposition manager (i've never seen so much amazing looking junk food & alcohol in my life!).

Have a great time!

We went last year on a Sunday and we didn't even have tickets to collect. We just turned up outside the blues bar (as everything else was shut) and the guy doing the tour just came over to us and took us on the tour. When I booked the tour, the tour organiser just said they put our names down on the list.

The tour was brilliant. My girlfriend has no idea about football but she loved it. We were the only two on the tour as the other small group failed to appear. We walked around the entire ground, went into so many areas of the stadium where the guy said he wouldn't normally take people. Went into the managers office and saw what he had for his post-match drink with the opposition manager (i've never seen so much amazing looking junk food & alcohol in my life!).

Have a great time!

Thanks a lot Tim,

I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say.

i had my 8th birthday party at Rovers

Ground tour (got to pretend i was our new signing and have a press conference) -> 5 a side in the BRIC -> McDonalds

What a day

Sounds great.

What do you intend to do for your 9th birthday? ;)

Had an experience - turned up on the friday before with my dad before a match on the saturday and they said they dont do tours on the friday before a game (something to do with security) but as it was our first time at Ewood, two community workers that worked for Rovers took us around the ground (also into places the other tours dont go)

It further secured both my father and I's relationship with Rovers! Great day

Does Ronnie Clayton not guide the tour anymore?

Not anymore. I went on one a while ago, and unfortunately some of his knowledge is fading. He was brilliant at telling old stories about when he used to play and the old times, but he struggled to remember dates and facts, for example he gave three different numbers for the ground capacity and said we'd won the league 5 years ago. It is a shame, as you could tell he loved showing people round what he says is his club, but I guess there comes a time when someone else has to take over.

Just got back from the ground tour (and IKEA).

Really impressed by it, the wife enjoyed it which was a big bonus. The DVD at the start nearly had me in tears, all those great memories.

It really forces home to you what a fantastic team we support and how we were so luck that Jack came along.

I really much hope the takeover goes through but the heart of Blackburn Rovers will always be Mr Walker.

That's great to hear.

Do you remember who the tour guide was? Whereabouts did you get to visit on the tour?

Hi Tim,

I honestly can't remember his name but he was very good. He was pretty young, he was in his early to mid thirties I'd say.

The calm before the storm.

;)

That's great to hear.

Do you remember who the tour guide was? Whereabouts did you get to visit on the tour?

As said before, it would have been Steve

On the tours, you see:

Blackburn End lounge, Boxes, media seats and centre, Jack Walker lounges (Players and Pennant (where they display the pennants from Rovers' opponents over the years)), managers office, home and away dressing rooms, walk out the tunnel (to Wild Rover), pitch side and the police cells, Jack Walker statue and as with all good tours, it ends in the shop.

We did the ground tour last year, was Steve that took me and my family round, was a great day out, amazing value for money for the time he spent taking us round and answering every question my kids could throw at him.

We were due to meet up about 2pm ish in time for the manchester united game at old trafford and we were told it would finish in blues in time to watch the game, i thought it was a 3pm kick off..... How wrong i was when it turned out to be a 5pm kick off game! and we finished just in time for kick off!

Would recommend anyone takes a camera for the obligatory board room and tunnel photos, in fact i mentioned they should take pictures for you and sell them so all members of the party could be in the shot, sadly not picked up on from what ive heard.

The Ewood tour is amazing. Must be one of the very very best in the league for sure? I went to Stamford bridge last year, and Anfield last saturday. They are both a lot of c*ap! They only show you the press room, dressing rooms and the stands, which is just boring. That's what you see on tv anyway! The Rovers one is very special. It makes you feel welcome, not like a paying costumer like everyone else. Keep up the good work!

Archived