BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan 2010/11

So far Blackman is at Motherwell (5 months) and Marrow at Crystal Palace (6 months). Bunn will most probably leave for a loan one season more, while other suspects include Ramm and Doran. Please report when you see them play, or feel free to speculate around anything concerning players out on loan.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Ramm go out on loan. He's had a good pre-season and it would be nice to see him play regular first team football and gain a lot of experience. Another youngster I'd like to see go out would be Grant Hanley. He had a taste of first team action last season and played really well.

I see Blackman came on as a sub last week for Motherwell in their defeat to Hibs. Even though he was only on 16 minutes he won them a penalty when his shirt was pulled, which they scored to make it 3-2.

They play again tomorrow so perhaps he may see some more time on the pitch.

Marrow came on for the last seven minutes in Palace's home defeat to Ipswich. They were 2-0 down when we went on and it ended 2-1. Hopefully, will also see plenty of time on the pitch.

I see Blackman came on as a sub last week for Motherwell in their defeat to Hibs. Even though he was only on 16 minutes he won them a penalty when his shirt was pulled, which they scored to make it 3-2.

They play again tomorrow so perhaps he may see some more time on the pitch.

Marrow came on for the last seven minutes in Palace's home defeat to Ipswich. They were 2-0 down when we went on and it ended 2-1. Hopefully, will also see plenty of time on the pitch.

Young Marrow may also learn a thing or two from that old dog Davids.

Goal scored by former Rover Neil Danns.

Young Marrow may also learn a thing or two from that old dog Davids.

Wow! I bet young Alex never dreamt in his wildest dreams that one day he would be playing in the same team as Edgar Davids.

Fate is a funny old thing.

Marrow played the full 120 minutes for Palace against Portsmouth, getting good reviews too:

"Marrow was excellent. Sharp in the tackle, great simple passing as well as great close control. A class act."

"Marrow I thought was outstanding and showed brilliant confidence on the ball after he got into the game."

"Marrow looked very strong and comfortable in the middle of the park"

"Like him a lot. Determined and willing to tackle. Good eye for a pass too, good prospect."

"Thought he looked brilliant tonight. If im right he held the midfield. Looks tall and strong and like the other two midfielders he linked up well with them."

Taken from here

Marrow played the full 120 minutes for Palace against Portsmouth, getting good reviews too:

"Marrow was excellent. Sharp in the tackle, great simple passing as well as great close control. A class act."

"Marrow I thought was outstanding and showed brilliant confidence on the ball after he got into the game."

"Marrow looked very strong and comfortable in the middle of the park"

"Like him a lot. Determined and willing to tackle. Good eye for a pass too, good prospect."

"Thought he looked brilliant tonight. If im right he held the midfield. Looks tall and strong and like the other two midfielders he linked up well with them."

Taken from here

Good news. He was captaining Oldham at one stage last year, if I'm not mistaken? It seems he might have a chance of making a good career. He's certainly built like an Allardyce player.

Has anyone seen him play regularly?

• 3 weeks later...

He's a right back? That's disappointing.

He's a central midfielder but played at full back last night.

There are a few posts on their messageboard saying he's better in midfield, but he was still getting 8/10 ratings by most people for his performance at full back.

Quite a few people praising his versatility. At the very least it sounds like he can replace Andrews.

He's a central midfielder but played at full back last night.

There are a few posts on their messageboard saying he's better in midfield, but he was still getting 8/10 ratings by most people for his performance at full back.

Quite a few people praising his versatility. At the very least it sounds like he can replace Andrews.

They also say he is out of contract this summer and they might have a chance of signing him? Why haven't we got him on a longer contract yet?

He's got to be more useful than Andrews...

To be fair we dont need to instantly tie marrow down to a new deal until we see how he performs in the championship. He was excellent for Oldham last year and seems to be making the transition into the championship well, he has all the attributes to become a prem player but only time will tell.

He will be on a development deal so if he were to leave at the end of the season on a free any club signing him would have to pay compensation etc so I think we are fairly safe for the time being.

To be fair we dont need to instantly tie marrow down to a new deal until we see how he performs in the championship. He was excellent for Oldham last year and seems to be making the transition into the championship well, he has all the attributes to become a prem player but only time will tell.

To be honest, it doesn't matter whether he's a PL quality player or not with regards to giving him a new contract.

A young Championship level player still carries a significant transfer fee. We need to tie him down so that we can get a decent fee for him at the very least.

Hopefully he'll be more to us than a transfer fee though.

(p.s. Do we actually know he's out of contract this summer?)

Alex Marrow played the full ninety minutes at right back as Palace beat Portsmouth 4-1 last night.

The Palace fans certainly think highly of him. Sounds like we could have another home grown youngster in the first team next year!

That game saw our reputed summer target James Vaughn scored three for Palace, with former Rover Neil Danns adding the fourth with a penalty.

Archived