SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan 2010/11

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Jason Brown looks to seal a permanent move to Leeds, adding:

"As good a club as Blackburn are, they don't get crowds of 25,000, even for the visit of Manchester United, so it is a privilege to be at Leeds."

:wacko:

I read that and realised he didn't even know the size of our average crowd last season.

I would imagine there was a bigger crowd than 25,000 when Brown played for us against Manchester United.

what a cheeky bugger, considering that he is still under contract. he shouldnt, be talking negative about rovers while he is still under contract.

what a cheeky bugger, considering that he is still under contract. he shouldnt, be talking negative about rovers while he is still under contract.

Some touchy folk on here... He's only pointing out (with a flawed example, I know) that Leeds draw bigger crowds than us. Does anyone want to dispute that?

was that necessary though? There are other championship clubs, that also attract bigger crowds. The fact is, he is still contracted to BRFC, and as such, should refrain from making such silly comments if that is what he has said.

He cannot get ahead of Robbo, Bunn and Fielding, so its best if he goes. He is not guaranteed 1st team football at Leeds either, i think Kasper Schmeichel(sp) will be number 1.

Some touchy folk on here... He's only pointing out (with a flawed example, I know) that Leeds draw bigger crowds than us. Does anyone want to dispute that?

Based on this logic, would you like to go home and tell your partner all her faults this evening? :)

(assuming you have one, apologies if you don't!)

Based on this logic, would you like to go home and tell your partner all her faults this evening? :)

(assuming you have one, apologies if you don't!)

I still don't see any harm in that comment (besides the wrongful example), it's not even a critique!

And actually I don't since three weeks back... Oh well, more time to argue on the internet about a wayward comment from our third keeper :).

I still don't see any harm in that comment (besides the wrongful example), it's not even a critique!

And actually I don't since three weeks back... Oh well, more time to argue on the internet about a wayward comment from our third keeper :).

actually, he is 4th choice.

I think the gross inaccuracy of it is quite enough harm. We have quite enough trouble with being belittled for our crowds by outsiders without our own paid staff doing it. We averaged higher than the amount he said we never draw. It's pretty idiotic of him to get it so wrong when he's been here a few years now. We got a respectable average last season, but most outsiders won't realise it, and chumps like Brown mouthing off like this does nothing for our image.

And yes, "massive" city club Leeds drew higher crowds than us last season. By less than 2.5k. The season before they got under the 25k he is going on about. Yes we know there are mitigating circumstances, but still true.

I think the gross inaccuracy of it is quite enough harm. We have quite enough trouble with being belittled for our crowds by outsiders without our own paid staff doing it. We averaged higher than the amount he said we never draw. It's pretty idiotic of him to get it so wrong when he's been here a few years now. We got a respectable average last season, but most outsiders won't realise it, and chumps like Brown mouthing off like this does nothing for our image.

And yes, "massive" city club Leeds drew higher crowds than us last season. By less than 2.5k. The season before they got under the 25k he is going on about. Yes we know there are mitigating circumstances, but still true.

For a one club city with a population circ 600k Leeds' support is average at best, certainly less impressive than ours.

Brown can sling it, not required and, For me, after these comments, not wanted.

Latest update on Marrow from the Palace fans

Maybe we should be bringing him back in January. "pinging 50 - 60 yard passes".

A few there suggesting he's their player of the season so far, all of them want him signed on a permanent basis.

I'll be gutted if we don't keep him. Wiki says we only signed him 2008 after a trial, where was he before that then? Seems like a later bloomer in any case.

A few there suggesting he's their player of the season so far, all of them want him signed on a permanent basis.

I'll be gutted if we don't keep him. Wiki says we only signed him 2008 after a trial, where was he before that then? Seems like a later bloomer in any case.

We picked him up after some keepy-uppy competition.

• Backroom

Talking of keepers, the football league show has just been praising Rovers young keeper Jake Kean at Hartlepool, four clean sheets in six apparently.

I must admit I'd never heard of him but his chances must be limited here with Fielding and Bunn deputising for Robbo

Talking of keepers, the football league show has just been praising Rovers young keeper Jake Kean at Hartlepool, four clean sheets in six apparently.

I must admit I'd never heard of him but his chances must be limited here with Fielding and Bunn deputising for Robbo

He has a good presence about him but surprised me he was picked up by a league club on loan but he seems to have done brilliant there. Lets hope it can continue as he is still young, Derby must be kicking themselves for letting him go

Archived