BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan 2010/11

Not good enough for PL imo , but playing and scoring up there will do him nor rovers any harm , think he may stay there till end of season and then leave for a championship club for 6 figure sum in the summer , good business for rovers

Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope with the takeover, Sam won't neglect to give Blackman and Marrow new contracts. Even if he doesn't see a long-term future for them at the club, we need to protect our young assets and prevent them leaving for a free next season. IMO, either one of them could play a part as a squad player next season.

I hope with the takeover, Sam won't neglect to give Blackman and Marrow new contracts. Even if he doesn't see a long-term future for them at the club, we need to protect our young assets and prevent them leaving for a free next season. IMO, either one of them could play a part as a squad player next season.

Thought they were too young to leave on a free and that compensation would be decided by a tribunal?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is Blackman back at Rovers now? After his initial success on loan at Motherwell he didn't exactly set the league on fire at Aberdeen (2 in 15), and will most likely not feature in a Rovers shirt again. Still, Kean might have a soft spot for him after his time as a Rovers coach, and if we are to use two forwards next season there are a lot of places up for grabs ATM.

Nick will in my opinion never make a premiership player, hopefully, next week I will be meeting a friend who played at Motherwell, not with Blackman but has close contacts with the club, I will ask opinions, Brown obviously saw something in him to take him to Aberdeen, but towards the end of the season was on the bench, the same friend who told me Myles Anderson is a million (Myles) off being a premiership footballer.

I saw Andy Carroll for PNE 5 times and he was a million miles away from the Premiership, probably even further.

Look at him now, he cost Liverpool £35,000,000 - still makes my jaw drop to the floor.

Football is a crazy game, Blackman could bag a few, feel confident; put in some good performances and be touted around as a great young English striker.

Score one good goal against a top 5 team and the world could be his oyster.

Just found this:

Danny Caro, January 14, 2009

Nicky Blackman this week became the first home-grown Jewish Premier League footballer after signing for Blackburn Rovers.

The 19-year-old striker, whose mother is Jewish, joined from League Two Macclesfield Town. Represented by the SEM Group, he has joined until 2012 for an undisclosed fee/

Archived