BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] South Of The Uk

PAFELL

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forget we have tv's, and the internet to follow games.

You should read this thread properly. You will then read of the desire of some to get to games and the effort others put in to get to games.

One of the things I hate about ticketing for matches, is that seaon ticket holders get first chance to buy a ticket. I can understand in someways for games near to Blackburn, but not for games against teams in the south of the UK. the club should have a data base of where fans travel from. Because sometimes it is not possible to get tickets for games outside of Blackburn. Ironically Rovers could have a larger following for away games, if they were able to offer tickets to Rovers supporters who live in areas where Rovers will be playing their away games.

I do my upmost to get to Fulham and WHU every season, because these are home games for me - I refuse to pay the prices quoted, to get into chelsea and Arsenal and spuds.

I disagree. Season ticket holders, through their loyalty, have earned the first shot at away tickets.

Edit: And the idea that they'd sell more tickets is cobblers. If I want to watch Rovers away I'll phone up the day ticktets go on open sale and don't understand any non-season ticket holder doing any different.

This thread makes me laugh..no names but some of the most gobbiest know it alls don't even attend games ..ha made my walk a little brighter

Bit unfair that Abbey. I haven`t been to Ewood for 2 years but have been attending since 1980. Does that mean I`m not allowed an opinion?

Will be up this season though. Bringing my fair lady to her 1st game.

I am from Stevenage in Hertfordshire and would love to see more games but cant find anyone down this way that supports Rovers when I do go to games in tend to be when I drag relatives, Girlfriend(who cant stand footie so will only come kicking and screaming) and mates who support the oppostion along.

Last season Came up for the West Ham game with relative of the Girlfriends (and had to pay for his ticket), Burnley with my brother (persuading him to take me there for my Birthday) and the Man Utd game with a couple of fans of Man Utd.

Also went to Arsenal at the Emirates with a mate who supported Liverpool, To Portsmouth by pesuarding Mr Girlfriend her Neice and My Mum and Dad to go down there for the weekend. And pesuaded My Dad to go to the Fulham game!!!

Would love to find some other supporters down this way ideally to book a coach(unlikely to have enough)or to car share to cut down on costs.

Would like to go to 1 or 2 games a month....

I grew up watching Kenny Dalglish and briefly supported Liverpool but when he become Manager started supporting Rovers, ironacally one of the main reason for me stop supporting Liverpool was because I hated what Souness was doing to the club little was I know he was to become rovers manger (But I stuck with it)

the club should have a data base of where fans travel from. Because sometimes it is not possible to get tickets for games outside of Blackburn. Ironically Rovers could have a larger following for away games, if they were able to offer tickets to Rovers supporters who live in areas where Rovers will be playing their away games.

I like what your saying but I think it would work better at a club with a bigger fan base than ours.

If, for example, Manchester United were travelling all the way to Exeter for a cup game and they weren't expected to sell out their away allocation then I think it would work because it will give a lot of opportunity to United fans from the West Country to go and see their team play because Manchester United usually sell out their allocation of away tickets. Blackburn however don't usually sell out their allocation for away games and anyone can pretty much ring up the ticket office and buy a ticket for any game. Those who really want to go currently have the opportunity to go.

If the away games do sell out then that must happen before they go on general sale and to those supporters who attend a lot of matches. Therefore it makes sense that they should have the opportunity to continue their brilliant support. I do think for the away games with only a small amount of tickets available then the ticket priority should be based on away attendance for fans and not based on home season ticket holders.

Archived