BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fielding & Jones

Nzonzi did a job in arguably the worst ever midfield I have seen at Rovers last season. But he never had much quality - a lot of promise sure, but like Kalinic has not really turned that into anything that useful on the pitch. The main beef I have with him is he can neither pass forwards nor close down the ball, even when he won player of the season. Both pretty crucial qualities for a central player imo.

With the signing of Goulon I can see Nzonzi really struggling to get a look in.

N'Zonzi is a terrific player who was our best player last season. At hie age he is still learning his job. Conclusion-----his potential is fantastic. Jones will one day be an outstanding centre-back and will look back at his brief time as a defensive mid-fielder as part of his football education.

Meanwhile N'Zonzi will be in midfield.

Both I hope with us.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not forget Olsson & NZonzi have been carrying injuries alot this season....give them time & they will start to show their promise again.

Exciting times if the likes of Jones, NZonzi, Olsson, Hoilett can all continue to improve....one or two question marks still on Kalinic, and we have Mame Diouf who could possibly stay on..we then also have some who are young & have shown some potential/ or we have heard good things about (Goulon, Liganzi, Morris, Ramm, Hanley, Fielding, Blackman)

• Moderation Lead

Not bad for Player of the Season, though.

N'zonzi was class, but he's suffering with second-season syndrome.

He'd be suffering if he was actually playing at all......

Does not strike me as particularly tricky. He is a gabillion times better than the Fonz. Passes better, quicker, strong in the tackle, better in the air. NZonzi can't touch him in any department apart from being able to play sideways pointless passes. And that is no real loss.

Pretty much agree jbn, the only stand out characteristic that N'Zonzi seems to have over Jonesy boy is his ability to flick on free kicks, corners, etc.,he very rarely seems to fail at this.

Both are still young though which is and has to be a great bonus for Rovers football club and its supporters.

Arte et labore.

He'd be suffering if he was actually playing at all......

He was behind Grella at the start of the season, and only came in once Vinny croaked again. Apart from the goal against Birmingham, he's made little impact in the games he has played. But it was always going to be tough for a young player to build on Player of the Season.

Rum do this.

For years we got a poor return from the Academy / Youth set up but how since we sacked Bobby Downes it appears that we have a plethora of top young players coming through that he must have signed and/or had a hand in developing.

So (and I have no idea whatsoever here) but was Bobby Downes sacked rightly or wrongly? Was he a saint or sinner in youth development? :huh:

Rum do this.

For years we got a poor return from the Academy / Youth set up but how since we sacked Bobby Downes it appears that we have a plethora of top young players coming through that he must have signed and/or had a hand in developing.

So (and I have no idea whatsoever here) but was Bobby Downes sacked rightly or wrongly? Was he a saint or sinner in youth development? :huh:

I think we've had many youngsters representing their country at all age levels, ever since the academy came into being Gord. A lot of them were Irish lads - and they tended not to get noticed as easily as someone representing England.

Rum do this.

I hope Majiball replies to this.

How can I?

I got banned for posting downwards. Banter is dying a death.

Please send me a reminder on the 23rd of November after 23:57 & I will consider you request.

Majiball

D'oh!

Forgot about that. Bloody Nazis!

How can I?

I got banned for posting downwards. Banter is dying a death.

Please send me a reminder on the 23rd of November after 23:57 & I will consider you request.

Majiball

Banned are you Majiball? For that backwards stuff I assume? If so it's no wonder, it's intensely aggravating.

IS fielding injured?

Did not feature for the u21 last night, were Scott loach was in net first half conceding a bad goal then another keeper started the 2nd half and got sent off after 15mins.

Loach now in the full england team to cover Hart.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived