BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal Preview

Eddie

I am coming down from mumbai for this game, It is my first time to ewood (the UK for that matter) and i am so excited, iv been following the rovers for 7-8 years now and I have always wanted to come down. We have tickets in the Jack Walker stand, how is that stand compared to the rest of the ground? is there any nice places to have a few beers before the game.. im coming with 3 indian friends one being an Arsenal supporter so If anyone can recommend a few places that would be great.. bring it on :-)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Sam should go on the counter offensive and ask the referee to protect his players from those feigning injury, feigning contact, and those who continually push and pull his players at set pieces.

Agree-------the most cynical manager in the League. I detest him!

OI am sick and tired of Wenger constantly conssistently putting us down sick of it i really hioope that we knock two stuffings out of them on saturday and then i shall be laugh in his contradicting face sick of all his arse commens

OI am sick and tired of Wenger constantly conssistently putting us down sick of it i really hioope that we knock two stuffings out of them on saturday and then i shall be laugh in his contradicting face sick of all his arse commens

Welcome to the Rovers side ffan. Nice to have you.

I am coming down from mumbai for this game, It is my first time to ewood (the UK for that matter) and i am so excited, iv been following the rovers for 7-8 years now and I have always wanted to come down. We have tickets in the Jack Walker stand, how is that stand compared to the rest of the ground? is there any nice places to have a few beers before the game.. im coming with 3 indian friends one being an Arsenal supporter so If anyone can recommend a few places that would be great.. bring it on :-)

Have a great time!

The views from the Jack Walker are the best but it depends where you are in the stand for the atmosphere you experience.

Yep, Ewood Arms is shut. Fox and Hounds and Aqueduct are available closest to the ground.

I think Uncle Jack's at Lower Darwen is by far the nicest Pub in the area but it's a fairly long walk to the ground.

Does anyone know what time Uncle Jacks (or pubs in general) are opening tomorrow? Coming down from Glasgow as usual and debating whether its worth catching the incredibly stupid early train or just the simply daft one!

Feeling more optimistic,

Lawrenson-

But if Arsenal are going to do anything this season they have to go to places like Ewood Park and win. This will be totally different to last weekend's match against a Blackpool team who were very open and tried to take Arsenal on at their own game. It will be an extremely difficult game for Arsene Wenger's men but I think the days of sides like Blackburn and Bolton surprising Arsenal are starting to become a thing of the past.

Prediction: 1-2

(But we were his one and only perfectly correct prediction last week...)

The Syed revolution has started already! :tu:

• Backroom

Plunkett tweets that Dunny has trained and is back in the squad for tomorrow.

He shouldn't start even if 100% fit, NZonzi is a shoe in, Jones has played well in midfield and Pedersen has been our best player in the first 3 games.

All Dunn has done is waddle around for 7 minutes before injuring himself in a pointless tackle.

Now I've said that it's a safe bet that Dunn is MOTM tomorrow.

Jones has played well in midfield

Not to pick on this post in particular TCO, but I can't agree with this at all.

If Keith Andrews had put in those performances I reckon there would be the usual uproar. Jones completed one pass in the entire game against Everton!

• Backroom

If Keith Andrews had put in those performances I reckon there would be the usual uproar. Jones completed one pass in the entire game against Everton!

Hmmm well he did a decent job breaking up play, I just don't think Dunn should be back in the team just yet. I'd also have Grella and Linganzi in before him after their shifts in midweek.

The attacking midfield role has to be Pedersens to lose now

Jones is a centre half and they don't make good midfielders. One of the better ball playing centre halves, Rio Ferdinand can't play midfield very well, so Jones has no chance.

Rovers had a first team training session at Ewood today. How do i know? :huh: i picked up a young Irish lad (& his rather gorgeous looking girl) in my taxi, dropped her off in town & then he said "take me to Ewood Park please"

"Getting a ticket for tomorrow?" i asked.

"No, i`m training" he replied.

"Cool!" i said "who you play for?" (thinking it was some youth-type-council sponsored thing)

He said "Blackburn Rovers"

"oh" :unsure: i said.

"I`m one of the young lads being given a chance on the bench for the last couple of games" he said.

"well, good luck to you....& if you get on tomorrow give the Darwen End singing section a wave!" :lol:

He went on to say the 'gaffer' liked to have the occasional training session at Ewood. When i dropped him off i saw Salgado arriving & a huge white 4x4 with blacked out windows coming into Ewood. Lots of nice cars parked outside the Jack Walker stand.

I haven`t a clue who the lad was. Can anybody enlighten please? :unsure:

• Backroom

Reminds me of seeing Sam training with Newcastle at St James Park, Sam had a megaphone and was bellwoing out orders :lol:

I think there's only Morris though who's been new to the bench:

0,,10303~8893893,00.jpg

Edit: He's not Irish though is he?

Rovers had a first team training session at Ewood today. How do i know? :huh: i picked up a young Irish lad (& his rather gorgeous looking girl) in my taxi, dropped her off in town & then he said "take me to Ewood Park please"

"Getting a ticket for tomorrow?" i asked.

"No, i`m training" he replied.

"Cool!" i said "who you play for?" (thinking it was some youth-type-council sponsored thing)

He said "Blackburn Rovers"

"oh" :unsure: i said.

"I`m one of the young lads being given a chance on the bench for the last couple of games" he said.

"well, good luck to you....& if you get on tomorrow give the Darwen End singing section a wave!" :lol:

He went on to say the 'gaffer' liked to have the occasional training session at Ewood. When i dropped him off i saw Salgado arriving & a huge white 4x4 with blacked out windows coming into Ewood. Lots of nice cars parked outside the Jack Walker stand.

I haven`t a clue who the lad was. Can anybody enlighten please? :unsure:

Alan Judge?

Archived