BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preston at home for me so we can take any wind out of their sails from our match pre-season. As long as we are at Ewood I fancy our chances against anyone but would obviously prefer anyone outside of the prem for a change of opponent from the usual suspects.

Rovers Vs MK Dons would be nice

Quite remarkably, MK Dons are the only club from outside the top two leagues to have survived to the third round.

More a case of who to avoid- looking at the team sheets this week, most Prem clubs were close to full strength so everyone is taking it seriously.

A few "up and unders" on Arsene's under-17s might be fun though...

Preston away would be my first choice, or of course the inbred clarets either home or away.

Dingles are claiming they don't want us anymore, they want Bolton cos of that nasty man Judas Coyle.

I'm not surprised they don't want us :lol:

Yes Dingles at home please, or PNE.

:brfc:

Burnley, Preston, MK Dons, Wigan at home please.

What would happen if we got Burnley seeing as the FA didn't want us to play mid week or later in the day last season as fans will have spent all day drinking before the game, would they try to move it to a weekend?

If we're going to get a top team then now's the time to do it as they will likely field understrength teams. I am talking United, Chelsea and Arsenal here. The worst team to get would be City who desperately want silverware. Other bad draws would be Liverpool, Spurs and Everton.

Quite remarkably, MK Dons are the only club from outside the top two leagues to have survived to the third round.

League Two Northampton are the lowest ranked club still in the Carling Cup after a penalty shoot out win over Reading. League One's Brentford, Notts County and Peterborough are the other teams from outside the top two divisions to progress to round three.

League Two Northampton are the lowest ranked club still in the Carling Cup after a penalty shoot out win over Reading. League One's Brentford, Notts County and Peterborough are the other teams from outside the top two divisions to progress to round three.

Thanks- missed those.

What would happen if we got Burnley seeing as the FA didn't want us to play mid week or later in the day last season as fans will have spent all day drinking before the game, would they try to move it to a weekend?

Considering we played them in a mid-week FA Cup replay a few years ago i doubt it would be a problem.

Anyone from outside the Prem at home would do me fine.

If its a week day they wont have an issue with it - what they dont want is a later kick off on a weekend (when people are off work and can booze all day).

If its a week day they wont have an issue with it - what they dont want is a later kick off on a weekend (when people are off work and can booze all day).

It's not the FA, it's the Police... maybe they'd move it to 2.00pm on a weekday like they did with the reserve match :lol:

For those of you wanting burnley:

ARE YOU MAD? :wacko:

Why would you want to possibly lose the bragging rights we've now held for over 30yrs? Can you imagine the goby sods if they actually won one?

The games themselves are a nightmare, from buses that take 2hrs to travel 15 miles to 90 minutes of heart attack football, the only time I’ve been relaxed at a derby game was when the 5th went on April fools day, all the other games have been heart attack central for me.

Burnley? No thanks :(

Archived