Samba

E.Diouf

Andrews

Benjani

Kalinic

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunn's injured mate. You can usually tell, cause he's always injured when the day ends in a Y.

I'd like to see Chimbonda in that line up, probably instead of Samba, but Chim playing left back and Givet in the middle. Not so sure Sam will ever play Emo at right back, but I'd like to see him there again too.

I'd swap Benjani for Niko too, get him some game time.

Is Dunn really ruled out? If so, the natural replacement is Pedersen, but he could do with some resting given that he as of now covers three different positions in our squad. Benjani will probably get the nod as well, but I'd try to give Niko as much time on the pitch as possible. Even if he's no natural lone frontman he can only benefit from game time at this stage of the season.

Drop Skippy down to midfield, and leave Junior with Benjani up front. To be fair, with our current crop of midfielders, we won't be successful anyway - so might as well let the youngsters play. Jason Lowe in central midfield, Ramm at right back.

Off to bed now, a bit glad to see this isn't on TV to be honest - that usually means a turning point in terms of quality, in the cup especially. Here's hoping...

Am I the only one who thought Benjani actually lookedn pretty promising against Fulham? We certainly looked a bit better going forward once he came on and he looked lively. Would like to see a front three of Mame Diouf, Kalinic and Benjani.

I didn't think he looked pretty good but he did look an improvement on Kalonic.

However I did speculate he might have peaked.

Drop Skippy down to midfield, and leave Junior with Benjani up front. To be fair, with our current crop of midfielders, we won't be successful anyway - so might as well let the youngsters play. Jason Lowe in central midfield, Ramm at right back.

Off to bed now, a bit glad to see this isn't on TV to be honest - that usually means a turning point in terms of quality, in the cup especially. Here's hoping...

"Skippy"?

If they can leave out Young, Agbonlawhore & Petrov then that would be appreciated.

Sam has suggested a new formation & Nelsen/ Andrews/ Grella are all injured...so Rovers tonight

-----------------Robbo-----------

----------Jones--Samba--Givet----

E Diouf-Emerton-NZonzi-Gamst-Olsson-

----------Benjani-----Mame--------

Based on giving players a run out and trying something a bit different, I'd go with this:

......................... Bunn

Emerton . Samba ... Givet . Chimbonda

Hoilett ... N'Zonzi ... Linganzi ... Olsson

.............. Roberts .... Benjani

Do we want Roberts cup tied?

If they can leave out Young, Agbonlawhore & Petrov then that would be appreciated.

Sam has suggested a new formation & Nelsen/ Andrews/ Grella are all injured...so Rovers tonight

-----------------Robbo-----------

----------Jones--Samba--Givet----

E Diouf-Emerton-NZonzi-Gamst-Olsson-

----------Benjani-----Mame--------

There is a better chance of seeing theno and Jim having a candle lit supper, and enjoying it, than a formation like that.

There is a better chance of seeing theno and Jim having a candle lit supper, and enjoying it, than a formation like that.

Why? We played that in the second half at Villa Park in the last game of last season, and for the majority of this preson.

Why? We played that in the second half at Villa Park in the last game of last season, and for the majority of this preson.

Three at the back with Jones one of them? Away from home, in a cup, against Villa, with people wanting to lynch Sam?

I would be surprised if he doesn't form a brick wall of players in front of the goal.

Hope I am wrong, either way hope for a win.

Based on giving players a run out and trying something a bit different, I'd go with this:

......................... Bunn

Emerton . Samba ... Givet . Chimbonda

Hoilett ... N'Zonzi ... Linganzi ... Olsson

.............. Roberts .... Benjani

I largely agree with this, but I don't see why we need to put Chimbonda on the left. Olsson or Givet can play there.

If we are experimenting I would be tempted to go:

------------------Bunn

------Jones---Samba---Givet

Emerton-----------------------Olsson

-------Nzonzi-------Linganzi

-----------------Dunn

-------Benjani----M Diouf

We played this formation several times last season in the second half after changing up. I would like to see us start with it as when we have gone this way it looks effective. It also might let us pass the ball a bit better and work it around. Plus Emerton and Olsson suit wing back very well.

I largely agree with this, but I don't see why we need to put Chimbonda on the left. Olsson or Givet can play there.

If we are experimenting I would be tempted to go:

------------------Bunn

------Jones---Samba---Givet

Emerton-----------------------Olsson

-------Nzonzi-------Linganzi

-----------------Dunn

-------Benjani----M Diouf

We played this formation several times last season in the second half after changing up. I would like to see us start with it as when we have gone this way it looks effective. It also might let us pass the ball a bit better and work it around. Plus Emerton and Olsson suit wing back very well.

I like this. :)

Interesting stats

Since 27th September 2009 a mere 360 days ago.

PL - Rovers 2-1 Villa (Samba, Dunn pen - Agbonlahor) [Grella sent off]

CCSF - Rovers P-P Villa

FAC - Villa 3-1 Rovers (Delfouneso, Cuellar, Carew - Kalinic) [Diouf sent off]

CCSF - Rovers 0-1 Villa (Milner)

CCSF - Villa 6-4 Rovers (Warnock, Milner 2 (1 pen), N'Zonzi o.g., Heskey, Young - Kalinic 2, Olsson, Emerton) [samba sent off]

PL - Villa 0-1 Rovers (Dunne own goal)

CCR3 - Villa ?-? Rovers

Archived