BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

Lets clear a few names up - Nelsen is injured (although played with painkiller against Fulham), Grella has done his Hammy, Andrews/ Dunn & Roberts are all still out injured!

As for Liganzi - think its abit soon for him to start yet, same with Morris.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linganzi looked good v Norwich, although against an inferior team he looked energetic and calm in possession, and i think he deserves a game alongside Nzonzi. Look at it from the view that its either him or a waster like Emerton or even Pedersen, who was woeful at the weekend and should be dropped.

Id like to use the opportunity to give Kalinic a partner, if Nzonzi and Linganzi start in midfield we can afford an extra striker and we could give Benjani a game, Kalinic and a targetman could get the best out of him.

i'm presuming you meant definately not on the tele?

Yep that's what I meant :D

Was up in a helicopter today and I think it made my head spin a bit (got a headache!)

Though someone told me it was being broadcast live the other day, was very disappointed to find that wasn't the case.

VILLA: Guzan, Warnock, Sidwell, Young, Carew, Agbonlahor, Reo-Coker, Clark, Cuellar, Bannan, Lichaj.

Subs: Friedel, Delfouneso, Davies, Salifou, Heskey, Beye, Osbourne.

ROVERS: Bunn, Chimbonda, Nelsen, Givet, Olsson, Nzonzi, Emerton, Jones, Pedersen, Hoilett, Benjani.

Subs: Fielding, Samba, Kalinic, EH Diouf, Linganzi, Morris, MB Diouf.

After the game we can see if the selection worked or not. Having said that my initial impression looking at that side is that if Sam thinks this is a winnable competition and chance to get into Europe then why haven't we put a stronger side out? Why didn't we start with our strongest side try and secure the win then make a few changes to key players?

4-5-1?

the way it's written makes it sound like:

Bunn

Chimbonda Nelsen Givet Olsson

Emerton NZonzi Jones Pedersen Hoilett

Benjani

However I would hope it might be:

Bunn

Emerton Nelsen Givet Chimbonda

Hoilett NZonzi Jones Pedersen Olsson

Benjani

4-5-1?