BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benjani Signs

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is now a Rovers player and deserves the same respect as the rest of the team, unless he proves that he does not deserve it.

OK. Let's start giving him the respect we have for:- Keith Andrews, E H Diouf, MGP, Grella and Pascal Chimbonda. :rock:

By the way, Bennie is a a Rhodesian; born in August 1978 in Rhodesia. Let's give him a big welcome.

We should have got him for a 1 year deal at 1k per week and 10k per goal scored.

Knowing our financial luck he would bag 2 a game and we would still lose :rolleyes:

Ah well he has experience (so did Jase but...) he is now a Rovers player so he will get my full support.

Pop Quiz hotshot,

You need a striker, a midfielder, and god knows who else. You have 50p, a half full bag of soor plooms, and a signed birthday card by Salgado for a transfer budget. The window is closing in two days.

What do you do hotshot, what do you do?

keep the bus above 50?

Benjani I think will be a lot better for us than Roberts, primarily because he can head a ball.

If we don't sign anyone else I will be peeved. But guessing from Nicko's posts it seems it was going to be Advic and Popov, but they are too deer combined, so I guess the money we save on Benji will be used to get one of them, probably Popov.

All of this was also probably kicked off by WBA signing that player so Roberts is no longer going to generate a fee.

Welcome to the club Benjani. You are now a Rovers player and as such will get my full support, regardless of your past history and how ambivalent I may have been about your signing. You came to the club on a trial and obviously won the manager over, so hopefully that's a good reflection on your work ethic and willingness to contribute to the team.

I hope it does! If Benjani scores 5 goals or more I will quite happily admit I'm completely wrong. I won't be wrong however, he is @#/? and worse than Roberts. Though since everyone thinks he is so much better than Roberts, I'd guess 5 would be easy for him?

He's a fill-in. Best we can do for now with no money. 12 month deal on a free is not a tragedy in the making. Been far too much negative hype about Benjani all summer. Let's see how he does eh?

No wonder I don't come on here like I used to, the negativity is mind numbing. Poor lad has not even kicked a ball for us and he is written off. What's worse is even if he does do well those that have spoke less than kindly will look for every negative thing to justify their original opinion.

My guess is he is a role player that Sam sees an occasional need for. Give him a chance at least. I remember us signing the Mike Hickmans of the world, me going who?, only to find out the manager had done his homework and he ended up filling a very important role for us in our 3rd Division championship year. Wow. Now here we are pissing and moaning about top flight footy every week, beggars belief really.

Welcome to the club Benjani, when are people going to respect we have no cash and Benjani will probably be the only person who would come on a trial who has premiership experience. We appear to have been offering derisory sums for players all summer which have been laughed out of most boardrooms so we were always going to end up with a freebie and at best one purchased player (still waiting). Give the lad chance to mess up before slating him. Hopefully the takeover will come good because people on here don't seem to respect the transfer budget at this club seems to be at best the Benni sale funds.

No wonder I don't come on here like I used to, the negativity is mind numbing. Poor lad has not even kicked a ball for us and he is written off. What's worse is even if he does do well those that have spoke less than kindly will look for every negative thing to justify their original opinion.

I wouldn't call it an overwhelming vibe of negativity. It's the amounting frustration of this transfer window that has generated such ennui within the fanbase. If Benjani had slipped in under the radar with one or two brighter signings, I doubt many would be that outraged. I certainly wouldn't. As it stands, he's one of our key signings this summer - Benjani! I've seen Benjani since his Pompey days, and I know what he's all about. Back then, he was hailed for his work rate, even though he wasn't a natural finisher. That was 3-4 years ago, and since then he's suffered blighting knee injuries. Also, if you think that Pompey used the money from his sale to buy Jermain Defoe, it puts his value into perspective.

Archived