BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benjani Signs

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how many games have you given him JAL??? Would that be 2 starts with a third on Monday or is it actually less than that??? Good job you didn't see Henry or Bergkamps first few games for arsenal lol... Or to bring it a bit closer to home Ooijer's first game for us.

Give him a chance, surely he's got to have 6 or 7 games before you write him off completely ;)

So how many games have you given him JAL??? Would that be 2 starts with a third on Monday or is it actually less than that??? Good job you didn't see Henry or Bergkamps first few games for arsenal lol... Or to bring it a bit closer to home Ooijer's first game for us.

Give him a chance, surely he's got to have 6 or 7 games before you write him off completely ;)

He comes off the back of two extremely poor years in the premiership. He tells us that hes ready for take off, Ok, lets see him do it, if he doesnt get rid asap.

• Backroom

He looked in a bad way when he came off, shame as he looked more likely to score than Niko before him and possibly Diouf afterwards for me.

Think he could offer us something yet.

He looked in a bad way when he came off, shame as he looked more likely to score than Niko before him and possibly Diouf afterwards for me.

Think he could offer us something yet.

Are you kidding? He was bleeding awful! And he looks massvely overweight.

Shame we can't rip up his contract now and save ourselves 18 k p.w.

Rovers are officially the place for past-it, crocked, overrated, non-scoring old strikers to pick up a few quid before hanging up their boots. Fowler, Yorke, and now Benjani. There's a reason why a club who has paid millions for a player will offload him for nowt when he really ought to command a fee (not like Salgado, whose loyal service for RM was rewarded with a free), and in Benjani's case it's that he's not fit for purpose. We've just bought a three-legged racehorse here. Admittedly for no transfer fee, but his wages might just as well be saved up and spent in January on bringing in someone the right side of 30 who might actually be of use for longer than 15 bloody minutes!

• Backroom

Are you kidding? He was bleeding awful! And he looks massvely overweight.

Shame we can't rip up his contract now and save ourselves 18 k p.w.

Nope for me he looked far more like he could score than Niko did in the first half.

Nope for me he looked far more like he could score than Niko did in the first half.

Didnt he find space and get a shot away, then also played a neat touch from Dunn's pass to get free and shoot just over?

I agree with you.

Shame he collapsed later!

What makes me laugh is that Sam chooses the unfit, lumbering Benjani over M. Diouf or Hoilett, two young players with a turn of pace. It's like he's desperate to vindicate the signing.

Its probably more about holding the ball up - can hardly see 5ft Hoilett holding off Turner could you?

Ah, forgot the blinding job Benjani was doing for five mins before he went off with concussion.

In those 5 minutes he fashioned two decent chances, one which he dragged wide & one when he wriggled free from Dunn's past but blasted over - how close did the others get??

In those 5 minutes he fashioned two decent chances, one which he dragged wide & one when he wriggled free from Dunn's past but blasted over - how close did the others get??

Just hit the back of the net Hughesy, Hoilett can do what you mention above.

Just hit the back of the net Hughesy, Hoilett can do what you mention above.

Totally agree..what's the lad done wrong...? I see him frightening defences to death for the ressies and never gets a look in...pace and directness that we just don't have anywhere in the team right now....

Archived