BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers Preview

Stuart

I feel if we take it to them they can be defeated. No caution! Hold them by the nose and kick them in the ass.

As always I would rather loose swinging than whimpering.

3-2 Victory or a 4-3 defeat.

A man after my own heart. Regardless of result it will be close and I wouldn't put it past Sam and his boys to squeeze out a win.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good preview Jisty

Thanks.

Not much to add to the general air of pessimism here.

City haven't conceded a goal this season and as we are not banging them in for fun.........

We'll get 0. It depends what City get.

I can't believe some people have this down for a 0-0. With Man. City's attacking options and our woeful away form, there's no way we're keeping a clean sheet. And I more than welcome you rubbing this in on my face on Saturday.

It seems like it may be the best time to play them really- Ballotelli is injured and the had half a dozen of the first team out playing for England over the last weekend. I missed last years drubbing thank god, the first time I have missed City away in decades, but will be there on Saturday. Seen us win and draw plenty over the years, and loved the 3-0 we handed out when MGP blasted that free kick into the net. Very bad stewards though I recall, real nightmare.

Terrified about this game. Major loss written all over it. Only real hope is that the City defence has an absolute 'mare and that shoots through the confidence of the team. Best team I feel:-

----------------------Benjani

M Diouf-----------Dunn-------EH Diouf

---------Pedersen------Jones

Givet----Nelsen-------Samba---Salgado

--------------------Robinson

If fit Benjani should play due to aerial ability and knowledge of City. I don't think even the most ardent football purist can mind if we go direct for this as our hope lies on pressuring the brittle City defence. Maybe Dunn can make a difference, and Ped playing a bit deeper could give us a bit more fluency.

Leaving Nzozi out is a bit harsh but we need to close down quickly and Ped and Jones are better at that.

Not looking forward to it! Johnson looks on fire and Yaya Toure seems a good addition. Gah....

The opportunity to banish our away day hoodoo unfortunately came and went at St Andrews a few weeks ago. Our display that day certainly merited at least a point from the game, but the performance level was encouraging enough and can hopefully be replicated against similar oposition. If Rovers are going to take anything from Eastlands this weekend, we must definately convert the chances we create as we are unlikely to create too many. We must also stay focused on the defensive side of our game at all times, the quality of attacking players City possess can punish any side within an instant. Two sloppy goals were conceeded on our last away trip at Blues, and the same errors can't be repeated.

We appear to have lost our resilient edge we had under Hughes away from home when visiting the top sides, so unfortunately I think it will be more away day misery.

if im honest from a neutral perspective this should be a good game. but i feel city in front of a home crowd will edge it. blackburn put in a great performance againest arsenal and possibly deserved a point from it. it still remains to be seen if mancini will manage to get the team of egos to gel. my money would be on the fact that he isnt going to do it and he is literally going after anyone who people are rating. he hasnt done what mourinho done at chelski where he brought a team that would play to the style he wanted mancini has picked players who fifa may rate but in real life havent done loads.

i hope blackburn win this cos i dont like the way city are trying to buy success

Good preview Jisty

Thanks.

Not much to add to the general air of pessimism here.

City haven't conceded a goal this season and as we are not banging them in for fun.........

We'll get 0. It depends what City get.

They conceded against Sunderland.

Archived