BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City V Rovers Preview

Stuart

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Tevez and Adebayor are both out today along with Balotelli so Man City set to start with Jo up front on his own. If this turns out to be true we have more of a chance than some people might think but still gonna be hard work. As long as we go to their place, give them a good game and do not capitulate I will be fairly content with that.

I think Big Sam should play:-

Robinson; Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet; Nzonzi, Grella, Pedersen; M Diouf, Kalinic, E Diouf.

Subs:- Bunn, Chimbonda, Jones, Dunn, Hoilett, Benjani, Emerton

Hope Teves and Ade don't pass a late fitness test. We got nothing to fear from city. If we play to our best today and we get beat then so be it. I think we will get a result against city today.

Bad bad feeling about today, I'll say 4-0 citeh!

It's not often I think that we will lose, normally I can see us winning or nicking a point but today I only see doom and gloom. So much so I have arranged to go out and miss the game, which is only the 3rd time in about 10 years.

I tried to get odds on betfair for 4-0 but it was classed as any other score and was only 4/1, so I didn't bother. Went with Adam Johnson first scorer instead.

Dont want 3 points out of 12 to start the season, so anything out of this game would be good. But cant see losing 2 of their first 4 already, especially one at home.

Will be interesting to see if Roberts figures today.

As far as I know we can name 7 senior subs and as many U-21 players?

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba ©, Nelsen, Givet, Grella, Jones, Pedersen, MB Diouf, Kalinic, EH Diouf.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Olsson, Emerton, Dunn, Nzonzi, Benjani, Chimbonda.

MAN CITY: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Milner, Wright-Philips, A. Johnson, Lescott, Viera, Kolo Toure, Tevez ©, Yaya Toure.

Subs: Given (GK), Zabaleta, Santa Cruz, Barry, Silva, Jo, Boyata.

Looks like it is:-

---------------------Kalinic

M Diouf-------Pedersen-----EH Diouf

-----------Grella-----------Jones

Givet---Nelsen--------Samba----Salgado

------------------Robinson

Strong bench with Olsson, Dunn, Nzonzi, Emerton, Chimbonda, Benjani there. It's a bit depressing that player for player wise we probably have a better team available now than for the last two seasons but City's massive progress, and other clubs in the league, means in relative terms we have fallen further behind.

Let's at least put a good performance in.

Looks like it is:-

---------------------Kalinic

M Diouf-------Pedersen-----EH Diouf

-----------Grella-----------Jones

Givet---Nelsen--------Samba----Salgado

------------------Robinson

The Dioufs will probably be the other way round I reckon.

Not at all happy about Jones' continuing role in midfield, he's not good enough there. Has something happened with N'Zonzi and Sam?

Did the Zonz steal some of Sam's Wrigleys juicy fruit and not replace it?

Fonzi is a good player, but one thing he is shocking at is closing the opposition down. We need to do that today, and Grella and Jones are decent at it.

Not at all happy about Jones' continuing role in midfield, he's not good enough there. Has something happened with N'Zonzi and Sam?

I think it was Mame left, El Hadj right against Arsenal.

Doubt there is any bad blood between Sam and N'Zonzi. Its more likely that Sam wants Jones to get gametime and experience but at the same time doesn't want to drop Nelsen or Samba.

I agree Jones shouldn't be playing there but where do you play him?

I think it was Mame left, El Hadj right against Arsenal.

You only have to look at our goal to see which way round they were!

Doubt there is any bad blood between Sam and N'Zonzi. Its more likely that Sam wants Jones to get gametime and experience but at the same time doesn't want to drop Nelsen or Samba.

I agree Jones shouldn't be playing there but where do you play him?

I'd pick two from three between Samba, Nelsen and Jones.

I don't mind Jones playing there in emergencies, but not with N'Zonzi on the bench.

Plus, I don't think Sam is doing Jones any favours playing him out of position.

Archived