BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Match - Not A Preview

Hello all!

The 18th is a rare occasion for me. Travelling up from Southampton to see my beloved Rovers. Not had the chance since my now wife gave birth to my lad. Every time i have ventured up i have had to suffer the away fans and keep pretty quiet. Please can any locals let me know places i can escape for a friendly pint. I've sadly had to remain silent in the Fenhurst all too often during my Rovers v's Saints/Pompey days!

Hello all!

The 18th is a rare occasion for me. Travelling up from Southampton to see my beloved Rovers. Not had the chance since my now wife gave birth to my lad. Every time i have ventured up i have had to suffer the away fans and keep pretty quiet. Please can any locals let me know places i can escape for a friendly pint. I've sadly had to remain silent in the Fenhurst all too often during my Rovers v's Saints/Pompey days!

Fox & Hounds on Livesey Branch Rd is always friendly, if a little wedged. Further up LBR you have plenty of choice with the Brown Cow, Moorgate and White Bull all within swift half distance of each other and still only 5 mins from the turnstiles.

As for the Fernhurst, that should be fine for the Fulham game - them not being expected to bring seething hordes to be billeted there it seems..

If you are parked on that side of things, Uncle Jacks on Lower Darwen road is meant to be a good boozer. If you want atmosphere, go to one of the Darwen main road pubs and get the (private) bus down to the ground.

Does that help?

:rover:

Hello all!

Blues Bar located outside the Blackburn End.

Thanks very much for all the suggestions. If you see 3 southern dim-wits asking directions please go easy on them!

That'll be the full Fulham following, presumably?

You can roll out of the Fox at 2.55 and still get to the ground in time for kick off. Although, that said I usually just miss kickoff and people whinge about having to stand up to let me past.

Is it me, or do the people that whinge about having to stand up are the people who should really be doing a bit more exercise, like standing up, anyway?

Ho hum, I should probably get there a bit sooner, too, admittedly!

Archived