BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Fulham

cn174

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I found the Emirates to be one big corporate bowl when I went.

I much preferred Highbury although I can see why they needed to move.

The Emirates is just a lego-esque construction of concrete, tin and glass, with a bit of plastic thrown in. It is already showing signs of wear and the away concourse facilities are diabolical as are the surroundings in it. For those used to a somewhat classier concourse (eg at Ewood), it is very unimpressive. Also, I had cause to speak to the catering staff last year, who were merrily heaping the rubbish in a soggy heap right outside the disabled toilet, blocking access. :angry:

370 tickets sold so far... :lol::blush:

That many? :unsure:

I, too, look forward to annual trip to The Cottage. It's different, and I like that.

Let's say you were working for a business with limited resources, and managed to increase turnover, with little return to work with. Then one day, a billion £££ corporation offer you a job, with an embarrassment of riches to work with - are you honestly telling me you wouldn't seize the opportunity?

I think most of us would jump at such an opportunity but I felt that Hughes spoilt his legacy when he started making negative remarks about us soon after he joined Manchester City. I agreed that the board could have backed him more but he should have been more grateful to us for taking a chance on him when he had zero experience in club management.

I think most of us would jump at such an opportunity but I felt that Hughes spoilt his legacy when he started making negative remarks about us soon after he joined Manchester City. I agreed that the board could have backed him more but he should have been more grateful to us for taking a chance on him when he had zero experience in club management.

And he saved us from relegation when he came and got us into Europe repeated times, it's a two way street. I'm sure given his achievements with Wales someone else would have given him a job anyway.

For those used to a somewhat classier concourse (eg at Ewood), it is very unimpressive. Also,

Mum-I have been to pretty much every new ground in the Premiership over the last fews years, and I would say Ewood has the best facilities. We are really lucky to have such a fantastic set of facilities.

Except the Riversiders. No wonder they all bog off early.

What were these negative comments - can't fully remember, but he stated a few times he had no money to spend whilst he was here.

Personally, still like Sparky and don't understand why some moan at him - he was absolutely fantastic for us - most of his signings were top class.

Personally, still like Sparky and don't understand why some moan at him - he was absolutely fantastic for us - most of his signings were top class.

Something to do with him and Bowen actively looking for another club, whilst still being paid to run ours.

Most managers will try and better themselves, it is a job afterall.

Can hardly blame Hughes with no money to spend - his time was done here.

Sam would be off like pretty quick if someone else would take him.

When your manager isn't committed to you and they make that obvious, then it's gonna reflect on him with the fans.

You ask why some people maoned about him and that's why.

Plus, when you say "Most managers will try and better themselves, it is a job afterall." that kind of misrepresents what was going on. It's not as though he was offered a better job out of the blue, he looked and behaved like he was determined to leave ASAP. "most managers" don't behave like that John.

When your manager isn't committed to you and they make that obvious, then it's gonna reflect on him with the fans.

You ask why some people maoned about him and that's why.

Plus, when you say "Most managers will try and better themselves, it is a job afterall." that kind of misrepresents what was going on. It's not as though he was offered a better job out of the blue, he looked and behaved like he was determined to leave ASAP. "most managers" don't behave like that John.

Some managers will put soundings out to see if anything better is out there, particularly if they are not satisifed in their current position - it is the same for players.

Out of interest you say he behaved like someone who wanted to leave - what evidence was there to support that - vaguely remember a radio interview with Bowen but what else did he do?

Out of interest you say he behaved like someone who wanted to leave - what evidence was there to support that - vaguely remember a radio interview with Bowen but what else did he do?

Many comments by posters on this site about his demeanour from the touchline during the latter end of the season, along with his resounding silence during the press speculation of him being in line for the Newcastle job. Bowen confirmed afterwards that they had been looking for another club for some time.

Many comments by posters on this site about his demeanour from the touchline during the latter end of the season, along with his resounding silence during the press speculation of him being in line for the Newcastle job. Bowen confirmed afterwards that they had been looking for another club for some time.

May I add, I sensed for a while he wanted to leave, it was clear from his demeanour and also from some of his comments (he got more frustrated with lack of money).

Obviously it was his last game as manager, however his Rovers World video interview after the defeat at Birmingham (when we got hammered), it was clear he was a dejected man.

Think JW made the point he sensed he was going to go too.....

Yeah i was one of those not happy at all with his demeanour at the time, it was like he was pimping himself to any other club that was available.

His behaviour at City (constant unsettling of players via the media) also reduced the amount of respect i had for him. Its like he was a completely different manager when he was there and not in a good way.

He did a great job at Rovers, but i have pretty much no respect whatsoever for him now, and i bet many other Rovers fans feel the same.

Yeah i was one of those not happy at all with his demeanour at the time, it was like he was pimping himself to any other club that was available.

His behaviour at City (constant unsettling of players via the media) also reduced the amount of respect i had for him. Its like he was a completely different manager when he was there and not in a good way.

He did a great job at Rovers, but i have pretty much no respect whatsoever for him now, and i bet many other Rovers fans feel the same.

You have lost all your respect for Hughes because of the way he acted at Man City???

What he did here was sensational. In the transfer market alone, he produced some of the all time premier league bargains. Nelsen/Samba/Roque/Bentley etc.. Still a top manager in my eyes, Fulham have done well to get him.

You have lost all your respect for Hughes because of the way he acted at Man City???

What he did here was sensational. In the transfer market alone, he produced some of the all time premier league bargains. Nelsen/Samba/Roque/Bentley etc.. Still a top manager in my eyes, Fulham have done well to get him.

Read the post, i said he lost some respect in my eyes with his behaviour at City. I found his behaviour to be unacceptable, the way he was using the media at the time to unsettle players. Any manager who does that goes down in my estimation as its totally unprofessional.

That combined with the way he was behaving when the Newcastle job was available pretty much eroded the respect i had for him.

Mum-I have been to pretty much every new ground in the Premiership over the last fews years, and I would say Ewood has the best facilities. We are really lucky to have such a fantastic set of facilities.

Except the Riversiders. No wonder they all bog off early.

Sometimes we start taking it for granted, but it's simply the best.

That Manager of the Month award turned his head, he was never the same after he got that ...

• Backroom

I find it funny that Hughes isn't badly thought of for looking at his options for personal gain yet some of the same people chastised and berated Pedersen for looking at his options in summer.

No matter what level of success you perceive both to have it's still a professional looking at what is best for them.

Hughes made a choice and even though it went sour at city is was probably a good move for him as I feel the rot woul have set in anyway.

That being said it looks like I can't make it on Saturday due to playing football. 1-1 going into the final minutes with a late goal just not sure which way!

I find it funny that Hughes isn't badly thought of for looking at his options for personal gain yet some of the same people chastised and berated Pedersen for looking at his options in summer.

I don't remember that. I do, however, remember Pedersen professing Rovers to have always been his first-choice, when it took him until the last minute to sign.

Looking forward to this - two very evenly matched teams, and I like Fulham as a club. Largely same team although Grella should be dropped. Pedersen needs to have a good game - he was deeply deply average aginast Man City.

Our defence and keeper are excellent at the moment, barring a couple of concentration mistakes. We need to cut those out. And Kalinic needs to get into the habit of mixng up his very good hold up game with runs behind the defence (something he does far too rarely).

I think a top half finish is a realistic hope with the players we have. It is about maximising their potential, particularly our young midfielders and strikers.

Got to build on the point at City and grab all 3 here and truly think we will.

Sparky did an awesome job here and will forever have my respect. What was it 3 semi finals and our best ever run in the UEFA Cup, inches away from a trip to Wembley. He took us as far as he possibly could with the resources available.

Archived