BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

You go Girl!

You're a tiger. :tu:

P.S. There seems to be a lot of testosterone flying around, this thread seems to be a pi$$ing ground for opinions.

P.P.S. TGM don't get mad at MikeB, we don't want to scare everyone away. Haven't heard from Chaddy in awhile, I do miss it.

Chaddy's too busy ... playing golf with his mate ...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mods: Sure your busy but this thread needs closing/certain posters need warning. Whenever anyone posts something remotely ON TOPIC there begins a round of p*** taking and the thread goes off topic. TBH some of the 'banter' is bordering on the offensive. We are all supposed to be Rovers fans on here, opinions are fine, as is the odd wise crack but this thread has gone beyond that IMHO.

Personally I would much rather read some decent conjecture around the take-over (as the thread initially started off), than page after page of drivel.

Been away so hazard to put in an appearance here!

I do try to distinguish between what "I think" and what I believe to be the truth. So this is an "I think" post:

- I think Mike B is onto something I hadn't previously got onto to. For people who like nice simple stories, this is bad news as it could mean there is a number 7 on the scene.

- number 1 Ali Syed is silent for now.

- number 2 mystery man still moving fast; As a Rovers fan, seeing the club get a good future is far more important than any "heroics" in posting a name on here. I have absolutely no idea what the proposed deal might be beyond thinking it must be ahead of number 3.

- number 3 Saurin Shah has done an enormous amount of work and is in position if numbers 1 and 2 fall over. Got to admire this guy for his tenacity; think we'd really respect him as Rovers' owner even though the purse strings would be opened very moderately.

- numbers 4 and 5 from the People and the News of the World are out of it- pretty certain of that.

- number 6 does exist but needs numbers 1 to 3 to fall over.

I think it will get slow now for at least the next two weeks.

I do try to distinguish between what "I think" and what I believe to be the truth. So this is an "I think" post:

- I think Mike B is onto something I hadn't previously got onto to. For people who like nice simple stories, this is bad news as it could mean there is a number 7 on the scene.

- number 2 mystery man still moving fast; As a Rovers fan, seeing the club get a good future is far more important than any "heroics" in posting a name on here. I have absolutely no idea what the proposed deal might be beyond thinking it must be ahead of number 3.

- number 3 Saurin Shah has done an enormous amount of work and is in position if numbers 1 and 2 fall over. Got to admire this guy for his tenacity; think we'd really respect him as Rovers' owner even though the purse strings would be opened very moderately.

- numbers 4 and 5 from the People and the News of the World are out of it- pretty certain of that.

who will win then in your view ?

Sliding into a mental state.

That's the nicest thing anyone has every said to me. My therapist will be pleased.

I shall bring you up at my next group session.

You've eaten him? I thought the name calling on here was bad enough, but eating other board members? Man you're sick!

At the risk of being classed as a hater, racist, alarmist, whateverist...

How do you know any of that to be true? I mean there is conjecture then there is CONjecture. I do not wish to be lynched, carried out on a rail or yelled at by squads of angry news-starved members (which I am one of), but that all sounds strange to me.

What are these 4 and 5, is not one of them number 2? Where is number seven? Why does number 6 not have to worry about number 2?

It reads very much like one of those turn to the next page adventures that were popular in the 80's. I hope it is not all a bunch of Number 2 and you are not taking the Number 1.

How do you know any of that to be true? I mean there is conjecture then there is CONjecture. I do not wish to be lynched, carried out on a rail or yelled at by squads of angry news-starved members (which I am one of), but that all sounds strange to me.

What are these 4 and 5, is not one of them number 2? Where is number seven? Why does number 6 not have to worry about number 2?

It reads very much like one of those turn to the next page adventures that were popular in the 80's. I hope it is not all a bunch of Number 2 and you are not taking the Number 1.

i'm a simple man a decorator and tbh i'm feckin lost with all this.

Oooh! - that's interesting................

As I wrote in my previous post, there is far too much not making much sense from all the snippets at the moment. So I am offering no opinion on likely winner just now. (Yes I know that is a big shift from what I wrote this time last week but the signs change)

There had been some well-sourced rumours that nobody would be successful which nicko was alluding to but those rumours don't square with several people running up another week plus of the sort of bills these guys are running up - so I don't buy the Trust opting not to sell.

Number 2 mystery man is an enigma as even though they could put in a complete game changing bid, I have no idea if that is their plan or not.

And it looks like the number 7 is going to remain a total mystery now you guys have chased Mike B off the board!

I cannot read Ali Syed/WGA's game plan at this stage. That is how it would be if they were about to close the deal. But they'd also be quiet if there were more obstacles- my hunch is their extended exclusivity period (which they paid for) is close to an end now. Being rational, Ali Syed could/should still close it out.

Ah, the Wehrmacht Enigma lives.

I have successfully decrypted the enciphered message fellow readers:

It simply reads -

LUCA TONI.... wait, this can't be right.

All updates gratefully appreciated Philip, regardless of what anyone says.

No, the People newspaper's Indian is not mystery man number 2. As certain as I can be of that.

I wrote numbers 1 to 3 need to fall over for number 6 to have a chance- ie number 6 needs all of Ali Syed, mystery man and Saurin Shah out of the way first.

I have no idea about the people Mike B was writing about other than he is not the only one to know they are in play.

No, the People newspaper's Indian is not mystery man number 2. As certain as I can be of that.

I wrote numbers 1 to 3 need to fall over for number 6 to have a chance- ie number 6 needs all of Ali Syed, mystery man and Saurin Shah out of the way first. I have no idea about the people Mike B was writing about other than he is not the only one to know they are in play. The people seen could have course have been representing any one of Ali Syed, mystery man and Saurin Shah but I think not.

Okay I getcha now.

So you are saying that there are 6 and possibly 7 people interested in buying the club, but there needs to be certain things to fall apart for others to get further forward, and Mr. Ali is the roadblock?

So nothing came of the excursion to the island last weekend?

As I wrote in my previous post, there is far too much not making much sense from all the snippets at the moment. So I am offering no opinion on likely winner just now. (Yes I know that is a big shift from what I wrote this time last week but the signs change)

There had been some well-sourced rumours that nobody would be successful which nicko was alluding to but those rumours don't square with several people running up another week plus of the sort of bills these guys are running up - so I don't buy the Trust opting not to sell.

/quote]

If anyone can prove they have the money the Trust will sell to them. They are hardly going to choose to keep the club are they?

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived