SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers STILL not sold.

Wolverine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bluerovers

Specific allegations were made and repeated. Mr Ali made no specific response. He did fire off a wishy washy legal letter though.

Where do you see a contradiction?

Did you read the letter? He specifically mentioned and discounted most of the allegations made. Unfortunately it seems you won't accept a simple denial, whilst at the same time accept the equally unreliable allegations why?

Here's a specific I can remember off the top of my head, they said not only did Syed not owe any Council tax, he in fact overpaid.

The people on here who claim to have contacts on the inside clearly have not, just read through their posts. BRFC will be locked down tight until the process is complete then the "insiders" will get to know just before the rest of us.

I think you are contradicting yourself again. At least two who say they have as you say inside info do.some of the others may not have a direct link but have contacts, and one or two I have my doubts about.IMO

No I wasn't referring to anyone in particular it was just that some of the responses were way out of order.

I will never understand this. Journalists can slag off someone and drag around all manner of insinuations, but as soon as someone says something to them it is out of order.

As for my tone changing, yes I thought I would try to get you and others to see exactly what I have been saying. Previous posts were in response to aggressive posts and personal attacks. I enjoy the debate and, in particular the banter that a board can provide and look for a laugh in everything.

All I did was call you on your repeated defense of Goldberg on two different sites is all. You then started talking about spitting dummy’s, lack of brain power on this board, and had the temerity to state that I was not good friend material for you, and stated that I had to “keep up.” None of this personally affected me, but don’t play the victim here.

Do you expect me to sit back and not respond when someone is having a go at me on here or other sites?

Stick up for yourself all you want just dont forget that you will be responded to.

So many people on here seem to think they have a right to responses from the board, Syed and Goldsberg but we are all but pawns in their game. The process will take as long as it takes.

The people on here who claim to have contacts on the inside clearly have not, just read through their posts. BRFC will be locked down tight until the process is complete then the "insiders" will get to know just before the rest of us.

People have every right to ask questions of the board, or do you believe that is just up to journalists? And also there are many great posters on here who do in fact get good information as one of the resident journalists can tell you. You just haven’t been here long enough to see that.

Specific allegations were made and repeated. Mr Ali made no specific response. He did fire off a wishy washy legal letter though.

Where do you see a contradiction?

There you go again.

There was nothing wishy washy about a legal letter that made Goldberg produce some of it on his page. Nor was the content that we heard, or read, wishy washy it was very cut and dry.

Did you read the letter? He specifically mentioned and discounted most of the allegations made. Unfortunately it seems you won't accept a simple denial, whilst at the same time accept the equally unreliable allegations why?

Here's a specific I can remember off the top of my head, they said not only did Syed not owe any Council tax, he in fact overpaid.

Ah, ok sorry, he said the allegations were not true, well not all of them. Big deal if that is the case demand a retraction, an apology and/or sue but certainly don't let them get away with exactly the same allegations the week after! Come on now you cannot be serious. :D

It's dead easy to accidentally fail to pay bills anyway. I once moved house from Nottingham to Winchester, went in and told the Tv rental people I was moving, filled in the relevant forms and then 3 months later suddenly realised I'd not had a bill for the last 3 installments on the tv. Turns out some cretin had put in the address wrongly and the bills had gone out addressed to me in Winchester Nottinghamshire with the nottingham post code still on them. Confused Royal Mail hadn't been able to deliver and I came close to going to court, if they'd tracked me down, for non-payment. I don't find the allegations against Syed that bad if that's all they have and i can't believe the BBC do either. Either they've really got more, or they're hoping that, after what they revealed, more would come out. It doesn't appear to have done so so far. I'm not pro this takeover or against it, but I don't see that what the BBC has so far shown will have made a ha'porth of difference if he's proved to the Trust and their representatives that he's got money to back up his purchase.

Slowly but surely this is now turning into the Goldberg love in thread.

We dont want to read anymore about him, we dont want to hear about letters, law suits and non payment of council tax and shopping bills, we want to know if our club is being sold, is being sold and who is buying.

Please folks, no more about the idiot from 5live, Roman and the oligarchs and stop the bitching.

I will never understand this. Journalists can slag off someone and drag around all manner of insinuations, but as soon as someone says something to them it is out of order.

He made accusations not personal comments and there is a difference.

You then started talking about spitting dummy’s, lack of brain power on this board....

I stand by those remarks. There have been many idiotic posts.

...and had the temerity to state that I was not good friend material for you.....

ah, didums

.....and stated that I had to “keep up.”

as it turned out it was me that was not keeping up :(

None of this personally affected me, but don’t play the victim here.

never claimed to be a victim, nor been one

People have every right to ask questions of the board, or do you believe that is just up to journalists?

I didn't question the right to ask questions it is the demand for replies to those questions that I question :D

And also there are many great posters on here who do in fact get good information as one of the resident journalists can tell you. You just haven’t been here long enough to see that.

that may well be true (you won one!:))

There was nothing wishy washy about a legal letter that made Goldberg produce some of it on his page. Nor was the content that we heard, or read, wishy washy it was very cut and dry.[/ quote]

I have not seen, nor heard, Mr Ali state categorically that any of the allegations were untrue - perhaps you can provide a link?

We dont want to read anymore about him, we dont want to hear about letters, law suits and non payment of council tax and shopping bills, we want to know if our club is being sold, is being sold and who is buying.

Please folks, no more about the idiot from 5live, Roman and the oligarchs and stop the bitching.

I don't understand why discussing the merits of a news story is not allowed - as the allegations have monumental importance and are part of the supposed takeover.

It depends how you got the taped interview...and whether you really need it. The BBC are a bit more worried by morals than the tabloid press and this may be a case in point.

reading between the lines

Have to say the BBC have done a good job on this.

you have a downer on all this Ali Saed stuff, haven't you Alan?

Anyway, another day ticks by and Syed has not done the deal he wanted pushed through in a hurry a month ago...

He made accusations not personal comments and there is a difference.

So if I accuse you of being a deadbeat, that is not personal?

I stand by those remarks. There have been many idiotic posts.

Glad you think so too.

ah, didums

Woosh

never claimed to be a victim, nor been one

.... oh the temptation.

I have not seen, nor heard, Mr Ali state categorically that any of the allegations were untrue - perhaps you can provide a link?

Its on Goldbergs Facebook wall, where he was made to put it.

Guest bluerovers

What has any of this got to do with the takeover, Mr Ali or Goldsberg?

The purpose of the Goldberg programme was to ask "is this man suitable for owning a PL club" and compared to Abromovich's track record he looks like a Saint. You can say "well Roman has already bought the club so it doesn't matter" but that would be like saying "Gary Glitter got the adoptation papers through before we found out he was pedo so it don't matter" IMO.

Compared to the genuine colourful history of a number of PL owners, Goldberg's 'revelations' don't even rate on the barely interesting scale.

Ah, ok sorry, he said the allegations were not true, well not all of them. Big deal if that is the case demand a retraction, an apology and/or sue but certainly don't let them get away with exactly the same allegations the week after! Come on now you cannot be serious. :D

So Syed said they weren't true, Goldberg did no more than say he stood by it...why is Goldberg's position stronger than Ali's in that case? You are chossing to place the Goldberg allegations as more believable than Syed's dismissal of them when niether have hard evidence right now to back them up.

Syed's legal team took 4 days to reply to the original claims (of which there were many), Goldberg then took three days to respond to that and all he did was reiterate what he said so again with no new information, so again... how has Goldberg outdone Ali on timing?

And all this evidence Goldberg says he has (and I presume you believe), why not simply post it on his Facebook page like he did with the photos, you can blur out any sensitive contents.

You are basically saying that Bob is right in the following conversation...

Bob - Joe is homosexual

Joe - No I'm not

Bob - My mate said you were and I have no reason to disbelieve him

Sadly, that isn't going to happen

Guest bluerovers

Funny how many people who aren't mods/admins seem to think they can tell other people how they should and shouldn't conduct themselves and what they can and can't debate in this thread.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING IT, DON'T! IF YOU THINK THIS THREAD IS FULL OF NONSENSE THEN WHY ADD TO IT WITH A STUPID, HOLLIER THAN THOU, "DON'T POST WHAT I DON'T LIKE"-ESQUE DIATRIBE? JUST SAY NOTHING (SHAKE YOUR FIST AT YOUR MONITOR BY ALL MEANS) AND MOVE ALONG.

BR

I have never mentioned "Abromovich", "Saints", or "Gary Glitter"

?????

Er,have you used all your medication?

The rest of your post is as many previous ones.

Goldberg has stated specific allegations twice. Syed admitted one. He has not specifically denied any of the others. So yes, for the moment Goldberg is in the driving seat. :D

BR

I have never mentioned "Abromovich", "Saints", or "Gary Glitter"

?????

Er,have you used all your medication?

The rest of your post is as many previous ones.

Goldberg has stated specific allegations twice. Syed admitted one. He has not specifically denied any of the others. So yes, for the moment Goldberg is in the driving seat. :D

I swear to God I am beginning to think you are a bot. If a post has any allusions or metaphors you seem to be stuck.

There you go throwing out a medication innuendo.

We will see what happens, I refuse to believe a shady journalist and you refuse to believe a potentially shady businessman, and never the twain shall meet.

I swear to God I am beginning to think you are a bot. If a post has any allusions or metaphors you seem to be stuck.

There you go throwing out a medication innuendo.

We will see what happens, I refuse to believe a shady journalist and you refuse to believe a potentially shady businessman, and never the twain shall meet.

I am not suggesting that Mr Ali is shady in any way, Goldsberg is and he is still waiting for an answer...............

After a rant like that (and more since) surely there is a medication problem?

I personally think some postes are letting anxiety associated with the delay get to them. It's a sad fact that we, the fans, are not in the best position to make sound conclusive judgments as to whether Syed is the real deal or a chancer. The same hold true of Goldberg, in that his allegations raise questions but in themselves prove nothing. And it is not reasonable to request that a billionaire open up his financial history to the general public or any reporter who happens to inquire. I'm not a billionaire (or even millionaire, yet) and I wouldn't let anyone on this board near my checkbook and investment portfolio, let alone Goldberg.

The only entity with the information needed to form a sound judgment is the Trust. Considering that they are a business savvy group who have always done right by the Rovers, I'm willing to differ to the Trust's evaluation of the Syed situation. If they sell, that tells me the Trust has solid reasons to believe that Syed will do better for the Rovers than the Trust is willing to. And otherwise if the Trust declines to sell. While the Trust has wanted to sell for years, it has always acted prudently and I have no reason to suspect that they would make rash judgments now.

So let's take a breath and wait and see. Either way we'll win, as we support the greatest club in the world.

Archived