[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Chimbonda has been released by QPR.

He left the club a few months back really he was upset about it on twitter

Peterborough United have accepted an offer from a Premier League side for striker Craig Mackail-Smith – according to their Chairman 8-11 clubs are in for him!

Everton, Norwich, QPR & Wigan all credited as having an interest so far.

At this moment in time, I expect Hughes to stay.

I'm not too sure to be honest mate, he's hardly been rushing to extend his contract. He should stay at Fulham as he's only been there for a season, but I also think you'd be kidding yourself if you thought he'd pass up an opportunity to go to a bigger club for loyalty's sake. I hope he stays as I like Fulham, but as soon as he gets the call I think he'll be straight up to Villa.

Money is going to fund his Sunday League Club King Edwards FC. It does seem genuine and if it is to help young kids then great. Let's just hope the money is spent wisely and not wasted.

Just checked and it's just gone over £350,000. Some serious money for a piece of grass.

Its at 600k now and still 7 days left! Fair play to him if it is genuine and for a good cause.

It's a £1 million now.

Absolutely mental. If they are genuine bids (although a nice gesture) we have missed a ticket on this one.

It's dropped to £920,000 now, so I believe most of them are just "fake" bids. If the gentleman is funding his local club, then I feel Rovers should be entitled to know what he has spent that money on. Maybe a quick email to the club to keep an eye out on things?

It's a £1 million now.

Absolutely mental. If they are genuine bids (although a nice gesture) we have missed a ticket on this one.

I hope they are genuine bids.

If not the poor sod (pun intended this time) is going to have £100,000 of sellers fees if the prankster doesn't cancel it. I like that the centre circle is going for £30.

Villa seem absolutely perfect for Hughes. He would have money to spend, they've just had a poor season so even a modest top half finish would be a big improvement, and they have a strong base for him to start with.

If Villa are serious I reckon he'll be off.

We finished 9th. That's fairly modest, he'd need to do more I think, though the fans would certainly be more willing to give him time than they id Houllier for whatever reason.

At this moment in time, I expect Hughes to stay.

I think if Villa go for him then he will join the club. That's meant with no disrespect.

I wanted Houllier to stay on but not practical for anyone since the health scare, he was turning things around and I think he'd have done good things here but him going is the right decision.

Moyes or Hughes are top of my wish list.

Having met the chap on a cold freezing sunday morning, think this is an absolutely marvelous idea, for genuinely trying to provide much needed funds for his sunday league football team.

Surely this must go national, especially with Manchester United's record breaking involvement in all of this.

Maybe Rooney himself may have put a bid in.

Though he needs to move that piece of grass to a secure location if anyone knows the guy with the money thats being quoted.

Archived