BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mail say Big club are valuing Roger Johnson at 14m :o. Which puts Samba and Jones at ??m.

He is pretty good but 14m, makes you wonder who and how much we would have to pay to replace our pair.

Scott Dann is the better of the two, IMO. So he would be worth £20m to them? Making Samba £20m too? I would put Dann and Samba in the same bracket. Suppose the moral of the story would be don't sell Samba untill a replacement is found.

Scott Dann is the better of the two, IMO. So he would be worth £20m to them? Making Samba £20m too? I would put Dann and Samba in the same bracket. Suppose the moral of the story would be don't sell Samba untill a replacement is found.

Sage words indeed. As long as the replacement isn't too much inferior.

Tbh, although Robbo has proven himself here, I would prefer that Brad was still at the club. It would have been a fantastic achievement for him to finish his career here.

Tbh, although Robbo has proven himself here, I would prefer that Brad was still at the club. It would have been a fantastic achievement for him to finish his career here.

I think we had to look at replacing Brad at some point and although he could very likely have stayed for two or three years longer at Rovers, there was no guarantee (under the budget provided by the Trust) that we would have been able to bring in a quality replacement after that time.

Timing is everything (in most aspects of life) and although a couple of years too early, the swap was one that was too opportune to turn down. (Robbo's value was low due to his dip in form at Spurs following his error for England - more fool them!).

Brad was up there with Tugay and Shearer in terms of his irreplaceability but in Robinson I think we've done pretty well. Robbo is still young for a keeper and, depending on circumstances and loyalty, he could well become as legendary as Friedel - or at least sold for a profit.

Probably the only good bit of business P*** I*** did for Rovers.

Talk of £14m is madness. I've heard Brum watchers say that Johnson lost his way when Dann got injured. Got knows what Birmingham value Dann at. I was hoping we might pick him up for around £7m if we were forced into selling Samba.

On the face of it we need at least £15m if Samba is going anywhere. (please, please NOT Tottingham.)

Kean to Chelsea?

www.Carlsbergdontdomanagerialappointments.co.uk/wishtheydid

Samba's our captain, probably our highest paid player, and only just signed a five year deal. He's just had two fantastic seasons and looks every bit a Champions League player. When you have the likes of Man City chucking £30m at a player, it would be an absolute embarrassment if we didn't get least £20m for him.

I think we had to look at replacing Brad at some point and although he could very likely have stayed for two or three years longer at Rovers, there was no guarantee (under the budget provided by the Trust) that we would have been able to bring in a quality replacement after that time.

Timing is everything (in most aspects of life) and although a couple of years too early, the swap was one that was too opportune to turn down. (Robbo's value was low due to his dip in form at Spurs following his error for England - more fool them!).

Brad was up there with Tugay and Shearer in terms of his irreplaceability but in Robinson I think we've done pretty well. Robbo is still young for a keeper and, depending on circumstances and loyalty, he could well become as legendary as Friedel - or at least sold for a profit.

Probably the only good bit of business P*** I*** did for Rovers.

I agree that Robinson was a good replacemnt for Brad. Inevitable that Brad would have had to be replaced due to his age. Robinson has done good at Rovers.

A bit of a managerial circus going on at the moment, with Chelsea, Fulham and Villa after new managers.

It will be interesting seeing who they end up with.

I wouldn't like to be Big Sam's cat!

Archived