SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Why do you need to see a close up? Not much to see really his ankle just went limp and hung that's all. Will be a good 6 months out minimum I imagine though.

Apparently a similar type of injury to Alan Smith's a few years back. Physcially he'll recover from it, it's the mental/psychological effects that could really damage him as a player.

He relies a lot on speed though, I'm not sure he'll ever be the same player again. Take away that pace and there's not much else that qualifies him to be a Man Utd winger.

• Backroom

He relies a lot on speed though, I'm not sure he'll ever be the same player again. Take away that pace and there's not much else that qualifies him to be a Man Utd winger.

There's nothing medically to suggest he won't get his pace back as long as it's a clean break and heals well. The issue is going to be whether his confidence to go past people without worrying about whether they're going to go to ground and potentially injure him is dented or not. If it is then he could end up being half the player he was, whether his pace returns or not.

Fans choose all-time Premier League XI:

GK – Peter Schmeichel

RB – Gary Neville

CB – Tony Adams

CB – John Terry

LB - Patrice Evra

RM – David Beckham

CM – Paul Scholes

CM – Steven Gerrard

LM – Ryan Giggs

CF – Eric Cantona

CF – Thierry Henry

No Shearer?!

I see the Man Yoo 'fans' from across the nation have been out in force.

Fans choose all-time Premier League XI:

GK Peter Schmeichel

RB Gary Neville

CB Tony Adams

CB John Terry

LB - Patrice Evra

RM David Beckham

CM Paul Scholes

CM Steven Gerrard

LM Ryan Giggs

CF Eric Cantona

CF Thierry Henry

Evra ffs!!! Evra, Terry and Gerrard must be red faced with embarrassment. They wouldn't even make my 2nd X1. On top of that the highest scorer ever in the league isn't in..... I bet he's well ticked off. ^_^

Evra ffs!!! Evra, Terry and Gerrard must be red faced with embarrassment. They wouldn't even make my 2nd X1. On top of that the highest scorer ever in the league isn't in..... I bet he's well ticked off. ^_^

Who would be in your XI, Gord?

Rogan Taylor outlines the utter nightmare situation Liverpool are now in.

BBC suggest Liverpool have a Hicks future

So is it a 9 point direction or Hicks' sole ownership, his son returning and continuing debts? I cannot find whether Hicks has succeeded raising the $230m for his Hicks2 non-specific investment fund. The scousers will be burning down Anfield if he has.

some scores hurting us at the minute, Newcastle, Wolves and west brom all seemingly getting a bonus 3 pts on what they should have expected as we currently look like dropping 2 to fulham at home. looking like a bad day. Still being above everton,spuds and scousers is good......just wont last.

BBC - 1900: Now then, here a stat you might want to know, courtesy of Infostrada Sports: "Alex Song's red card was the 50th in the PL under Arsene Wenger. Patrick Viera had the most red cards during the Frenchman's reign - he was sent off eight times in the division. Only Blackburn (55) and Everton (53) have received more red cards since Wenger's debut as coach in the Premier League."

Not as squeeky clean as he likes to claim eh!

Archived