BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say I agree with that. Their first 11 is inferior to that of Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Spurs and City. I would say it's on a par with Villa.

Nah, the spine of the team being Reina, Carragher, Gerrard and Torres with the surrounding quality of Cole, Meireles and Johnson in my opinion has much more potent top level quality than even that of City's starting 11. The only problem is the contrast in the replacements if ANY of these players are injured or out of form seriously weakens the team to a degree that can result in them being potentially mid table quality for decent chunks of the season.

He has a broken leg, sickening.

Absolutely gutted, angry.

It happens in football, get over it and don't come on here shouting about our tactics, especially when it was your manager who gained us the label we have yet to shake off ever since his reign with us started.

Stoke adopted Rovers tactics of kicking the life out of Dembele, worked as well as he is injured.

Lazy repetition of media and bar-room view of Rovers. I'm sorry your player is badly injured but an apology is in order please.

• Backroom

Nah, the spine of the team being Reina, Carragher, Gerrard and Torres with the surrounding quality of Cole, Meireles and Johnson in my opinion has much more potent top level quality than even that of City's starting 11.

Disagree here Shilly. Carragher is far from a top-class player anymore, he's a liability these days and many Liverpool fans know this. Kind of similar to Gary Nev at Utd - a club legend who is past his sell-by date. Meireles still has plenty to prove at this level (though I think he'll do well) and Johnson is a poor right back. Should be a winger, as he can't defend for toffee. Cole is good but not great, and has a lot to prove fitness wise.

Reina, Gerrard and Torres are the three genuine quality players they have and two of the three have been badly off form thus far this season. I can't see Torres being there much longer and Gerrard will struggle to complete a full campaign as age & injury catches up with him.

Surely ffan coming on here and slagging us off on one solitary post is no worse than our own fans repeatedly denigrating us and our style of play?

If he wants to slag off Rovers style of play he can do it on the Fulham forums. No reason to do it here as it's just going to provoke a negative reaction.

If he wants to slag off Rovers style of play he can do it on the Fulham forums. No reason to do it here as it's just going to provoke a negative reaction.

Both of their star strikers are injured including one with a broken leg so he's bound to be pretty cheesed off, we did score a pretty unfair goal against them the other day and ffan is usually complimentary about us on here. I'd like to think opposing fans should be able to post the odd negative point of view against us without being forced to apologise, so long as they're not doing it all the time to wind us up.

Let it go.

• Backroom

Both of their star strikers are injured including one with a broken leg so he's bound to be pretty cheesed off, we did score a pretty unfair goal against them the other day and ffan is usually complimentary about us on here. I'd like to think opposing fans should be able to post the odd negative point of view against us without being forced to apologise, so long as they're not doing it all the time to wind us up.

Let it go.

I'm not really bothered by what he posted, but should Schwartzer not have been sent off in that game before Diouf fouled him anyway? ;)

I don't see why being 'cheesed off' is adequete excuse to come on a Rovers board and tell us our team go out to deliberately injure players. The only purpose it serves is to wind people on here up. He's free to have his opinion on our team and tactics, just as I'm free to have my opinion that it was an unnecessary post. I wasn't asking him to apologise, I just don't think he needed to post that as he's usually a decent poster.

Any comparison with rovers here though is wrong. We didn't set out to kick this guy off the park. Yes, we targetted their keeper for a few pushe and shoves. He's big, he's allowed to use his hands to catch the ball (both inside and outside the area) and there was never any intent to harm. the Stoke players looked on the bits I saw as though it was a deliberate attempt to hurt if not harm Dembele. Now I'm not one to criticise a bit of rough play normally but Stoke looked to me to be playing very much outside the rules. Rovers don't generally cause injury, Stoke seem to be making a habit of trying to.

I'm not really bothered by what he posted, but should Schwartzer not have been sent off in that game before Diouf fouled him anyway? ;)

Deliberate handball outside the area would only be a yellow card / caution for 'unsporting behaviour'. He wasn't last man and it didn't directly dny a goal-scoring opportunity as the ball went forward toward the goal, where it was cleared by a player on the line.

It surprises me how many people don't know the basic laws of the game, including (and perhaps especially) the idiots in the media (BBC, newspapers etc). So yes Schwartzer should have been cautioned, but no he should not have been dismissed.

However, IMO, watching the Diouff tactic leading up to our goal, there could be a case for dismissing him, due to serious foul play. Having said that, the referee has to actually see the incident and recognise it as such before he can take action.

Not looking forward to tonight -

I'm pretty sure it would have been classed as preventing a goal scoring opportunity and would have therefore been a red card.

However that's not the point at the moment. I have always appreciated ffans post, he's even referred to rovers as 'us' in a couple of slip ups, that's what makes the outburst even more out of character.

Guest bluerovers

We can't moan too much about the Schwartzer hand ball as it was karma for Brown getting away with it for us against the Dingles last season....

However, IMO, watching the Diouff tactic leading up to our goal, there could be a case for dismissing him, due to serious foul play. Having said that, the referee has to actually see the incident and recognise it as such before he can take action.

This is something I will never understand because when I played football in my younger years, every manager I ever trained under instructed us to jostle with the opposing players in the penalty box, including the keeper and make it as hard as possible for them to get to the ball. Bumping someone with your shoulder and trying to push them out of the way was accepted as a normal part of the game.

Football has always been a physical game, I have never known it to be anything else. Once you start getting into indoor football, that's when the physicality is cut out and it's all skill and no physical challenges.

So I simply do not understand this idea of "serious foul play". From what I saw Diouf timed his shoulder barge perfectly as Schwarzer was mid flight. It wasn't a hard, violent challenge, it was just well-timed to send him off balance.

Outmuscling the opposition has always been part of the game for me and I don't see any reason it shouldn't be.

Deliberate handball outside the area would only be a yellow card / caution for 'unsporting behaviour'. He wasn't last man and it didn't directly dny a goal-scoring opportunity as the ball went forward toward the goal, where it was cleared by a player on the line.

It's not relevant that there was a man on the line the ball was heading goalwards, therefore a goal scoring opportunity. Had the ball gone through anything could have happened *insert mystery sound*

It's my fault. I put Zamora in my fantasy team, he lasted one half so I replaced him with Dembele.

My bad

No confirmation Dembele has broken his leg on the net yet....anyway any chance you can Add Hughes to your fantasy team and we can see what happens to him?? :lol:

FFAN - Your comments about being kicked off the ball are typical - been reading too many papers lately? Shame those same papers dont go on about your keeper handballing outside the box, twice!

Stoke adopted Rovers tactics of kicking the life out of Dembele, worked as well as he is injured.

We are so f***ed :angry2:

Bit ott that ffan. In an era where yellow cards are brandished like confetti the only yellow card issued on Sat at Ewood was against Haangeland for a cynical foul.

Surely ffan coming on here and slagging us off on one solitary post is no worse than our own fans repeatedly denigrating us and our style of play?

Very good point. It won't sink in with the ones that it should do though. Dissing the management and team appears to be high fashion amongst a certain section of our 'supporters'.

Mark Hughes was asked that on the Sky interview but he did a Wenger 'Sorry I didn't see it' and moving straight onto Diouffs contribution to our goal.

Archived