BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Adrian Goldberg & 5 Lives Investigates

Glenn

The history. Adrian Goldberg does a show for radio 5 live called 5 Live Investigates. One of his investigations was on potential BRFCS investor Syed Ali.

There is a facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/5-live-Investigates/119101041472426 ) for the show which many of our members contributed to and it raised a whole bucket load of opinions and investigations that dominated the Takeover thread.

However, this is really such a separate issue to the take over, it deserves it's own thread (and keeps the Takeover threads free from endless debates over Goldberg's motives and accuracy).

A few days ago I asked Goldbeg.

"I find it slightly confusing, the documents you referred to last night,regarding the unpaid debts, you dated the CCJ Jan 2007, fine, but you did not date any of the other documents.

Why?.

Today I got the answer.

" I think we did refer to some of the other documents as being from 2007 (such as the letters sent by the letting agent) but sometimes it can be a confusing listen to fill a radio report with lists of dates and numbers."

Now I don't know about you, but surely given dates out leads to more understanding of allegations rather than confusing. He also seems to contradict himself IMO.

I'm also pretty sure he did not mention any dates,will need to listen to the pod cast again.

In all honesty he neednt have mentioned dates, he could have just said to whom the ccj was in debt to. That would have cleared the whole thing up.

#

#

If you can put yourself through the whingeing whining smug midlands accent of ths gimp good luck to you :rolleyes:

I know where you are Coming from, it just gets my back up when people make allegations in public, leaving out what i feel is important facts, that if disclosed give a clearer picture and also support the allegations.

Decided to give the pod cast a miss, your right listening to him makes me want to puke.

• Backroom

I have no issue with the investigation itself, it can only be a benefit to us.

However, I thought Goldberg overhyped the allegations heavily. They're nothing major. If Ali genuinely has the funds then what Goldberg revealed means very little in the grand scheme of things. If he doesn't, then Rothschilds should already know this and it shouldn't be up to the BBC to find out for us.

I have no issue with the investigation itself, it can only be a benefit to us.

However, I thought Goldberg overhyped the allegations heavily. They're nothing major. If Ali genuinely has the funds then what Goldberg revealed means very little in the grand scheme of things. If he doesn't, then Rothschilds should already know this and it shouldn't be up to the BBC to find out for us.

Agreed. For me it was sensationalized which really isn't what you expect from a BBC broadcast. As I've said on his Facebook page, I've no problem with his report if he's going to report things and provide evidence. However I do have a problem when he's alleging things but withholding evidence. That helps no one.

Oh bless another one living out the BRFCS fantasy :D

My only agenda is that one of the prospective buyers has been challenged by a guy with a radio program and so far his response has been pitiful.

He may feel it his beneath him to clear his good name and that is fine by me.

If the board select him then that's fine also but I would prefer someone who appears to be honest and defends his good name and supposed integrity.

The allegations are reasonably easy to disprove and an apology, retraction or damages could be gained. I just don't understand why Mr Ali wouldn't want to pursue this line.

You see if this little matter isn't cleared up and he does complete the takeover he begins to besmirch the Rovers good name as well as his own.

evillaugh.gif

No agenda?

This post moved here to stop the mods from inserting a size 8 up my ass

The Walker Trustees have their good name to think about in terms of taking this guy's money.

During the past two weeks since Goldberg's allegations surfaced, I wonder what they and the professionals who work for them have been doing?

One thing is for sure, they haven't been posting a barrage of stuff on a message board fretting about it. My guess is they have been running their own checks and if they don't like what they see, Ali Syed will face some robust questioning when he meets them and potentially faces losing the chance to buy Rovers if he still doesn't measure up.

Archived