BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool Versus Blackburn Rovers

dont put yourself thru it waggs..its not worth it :P...i feel sorry for the poor souls on the pleasure beaches big one because every time we hoof it they are are gonna kak their pants.

abbey gypsey lee on the pier says 3-1 :(

:rover: no i'm on a stag do 50 of us :blink::brfc:

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont put yourself thru it waggs..its not worth it :P...i feel sorry for the poor souls on the pleasure beaches big one because every time we hoof it they are are gonna kak their pants.

abbey gypsey lee on the pier says 3-1 :(

:lol::lol:

We'll score first like we usually do this season and then concede a sloppy equaliser. 1-1 for me

Best news of the day is that Alex Baptiste is out for six weeks. When he switched to right back in the second half at Chelsea and the shockingly poor Eardley went off they looked a much better side. No Baptiste means Eardley is favourite to start and will be a weak link in a technically weak side. If it's not Eardley it'll be Danny Coid or a centre half shoved over.

As far as Played For Both goes, Brett Ormerod came through our youth before going to Stanley and then Blackpool. Alan Wright went the other way, starting at Blackpool before playing 74 games for us in the first half of the nineties, and is now plying his trade at the ripe old age of 38 at Fleetwood Town. More recently, Ciaran Donnelly joined Blackpool on his slide from youth prospect to England U19 captain to Sunday league forgotten man.

As far as Played For Both goes, Brett Ormerod came through our youth before going to Stanley and then Blackpool. Alan Wright went the other way, starting at Blackpool before playing 74 games for us in the first half of the nineties, and is now plying his trade at the ripe old age of 38 at Fleetwood Town. More recently, Ciaran Donnelly joined Blackpool on his slide from youth prospect to England U19 captain to Sunday league forgotten man.

Did Fred Pickering also play for them?

I was there. Well and truly hammered. Great to see Waggy, Bailey, Gordon Taylor, Metcalfe again, in the flesh.

Tony Diamond. Andy Morrison. Ben Burgess. Jason Wilcox. Richard Brown. Colin Hendry. Mike Newell. Mark Patterson. Kevin Stonehouse. Ashley ward. paul warhurst.

Did Fred Pickering also play for them?

Yes, didn't he score the hat trick at Deepdale that relegated PNE? Happy days. :D

wonderful wonderful stuff there!

Waggy, Gordon Taylor, Hird, Bailey, Metcalge, Faz all in hat Rovers team whilst Hatton. Micky Walsh, Paul Hart and Billy McKewan in the Blackpool line-up; amazing times with brilliant football played on a turnip patch.

Back to this week and a massive test for Sam.

If a team loses a first half lead, you can blame the players.

If you lose five half time leads on the bounce against Premier opposition, its a management problem.

Despite my recent pessimism I have a feeling we're going to win tomorrow. The crunch will be IF we go in front. If we go one up and Sam intructs us to sit back then we have major problems.

Get one and build from there. You never know Sam, we could even get another! At 2-0 people wouldn't be so damning of your tactics if you decided to sit back a little.

Blackpool 1 Rovers 2

Mike

where you heading for a drink pre match ? I think we will end up in the crazy scots bar from around 130pm. \We arrive in blackpool at 11am for brekkie and beer and starting at the north end before heading towards the centre. Give us a bell when you arrive in town.

The Sports Bar, close to Crazy Scots has a better choice of beers at cheaper prices.

Archived