• Last Reply

my team is:-

Robinson

Saladgo Samba Givet Olsson

Emerton Nzonzi Jones E.Diouf

Pedersen

Kalinic

Subs:- Bunn, Nelsen, Chimbonda, M.Diouf, Benjani, Hoilett, Linganzi

I think we will win 1-0. Kalinic to score. I also think we will keep a clean sheet tomorrow.(let's hope so)

Robinson

Pedersen

Kalinic

Subs:- Bunn, Nelsen, Chimbonda, M.Diouf, Benjani, Hoilett, Linganzi

I think we will win 1-0. Kalinic to score. I also think we will keep a clean sheet tomorrow.(let's hope so)

Boo Hoo !

After last week's 'Rovers fouling the keeper' rumpus, this game will be, in the eyes of the media, a real 'beauty and the beast' match. We will win but only after playing horrible stuff for 90 mins and then our most popular and likeable player (EHD) taking a dive and 'winning' a penalty, just to cement our place in the BBC Hall of Football Infamy.

Not that I give a stuff what the media think but I hate my club having this bad rep.

Robinson

Pedersen

Kalinic

Really not sure about Jones. He has plenty of exuberance but he's no midfielder, and I don't think it's wise for Sam to keep shoehorning him into the side. Of course, our options are limited in that area: inability/inexperience/injured, as applicable. I wouldn't mind seeing Linganzi handed a start beside Nzonzi. That could shake things up, and at least he's playing in position.

Robinson

Salgado Samba Givet Olsson

Jones NZonzi

M Diouf Pedersen E Diouf

Kalinic

Nelsen's had a few early niggles so I'd rest him in favour of Olsson's pace at left back so we can double up on their right side. No Baptiste means a weak right back and they'll probably have DJ Campbell on the right of the front three and he's unlikely to track back effectively. Tell Phil Jones to sit on Charlie Adam and not give him any time on the ball and 90% of their attacking momentum is cut off before it starts. I agree Jones isn't a midfielder but we've got three centre mids out injured. A lot will rest on NZzonzi to make the play, though, so maybe Emerton would be a better bet.

with our knack of letting average championship standard strikers impress against us im dreading facing dj campbell, which is hugely depressing.

we are away, we are rubbish away.

we will play long ball, blackpool will dominate posession.

confidence shot 1-1 at best, an away win just seems so unlikely.

I want:

Robbo

Salgado - Samba - Nelsen - Givet

E. Diouf - Nzonzi - MGP - Olsson

M Diouf - Kalinic

If it's that sacrilegious to play 4-4-2, then I suppose Jones can be added back into the center at the expense of El Hadji, and push Mame in his place.

Nervously anticipating the game today. I would ordinarily have an idea on what result we're likely to get (usually based on whether we're home or away in recent times!), but I have to say today I really don't have a clue. Wouldn't be surprised by a resolute defensive display and coming away with a 1-0 win, although on the other hand an insipid performance, void of ideas never seems far away.

Now I come to think of it, what about both and a 1-0 with a penalty / set-piece goal. Sounds about right to me.

Very concerned about Sam's gameplan for today.

Quoted in LT as saying "If we want to win at Blackpool, we have to make sure we don't concede a goal".

Suggests to me that his plan is to go for a 1-0 win.

Now I don't care what anyone says we have GOT to be more positive than that!

Very concerned about Sam's gameplan for today.

Quoted in LT as saying "If we want to win at Blackpool, we have to make sure we don't concede a goal".

Suggests to me that his plan is to go for a 1-0 win.

Now I don't care what anyone says we have GOT to be more positive than that!

Not conceding a goal should be the priority for any manager, in any league isn't it? He's probably realistic enough to know that we aren't actually full of goals ourselves, as well. As for a 1-0 win, well I'm sure he would take that, as would I. It simply doesn't follow that Allardyce wouldn't take 3 or 4 nil.

Not conceding a goal should be the priority for any manager, in any league isn't it? As for a 1-0 win, well I'm sure he would take that, as would I. It simply doesn't follow that Allardyce wouldn't take 3 or 4 nil.

I think we would all take a 1-0 win Den. The main problem is looking at our recent record, trying to hold on for a 1-0 win hasn't really worked out for us.

Does anyone at the moment have confidence in us taking the lead then holding on to take the three points? I know i don't.

I think we would all take a 1-0 win Den. The main problem is looking at our recent record, trying to hold on for a 1-0 win hasn't really worked out for us.

Does anyone at the moment have confidence in us taking the lead then holding on to take the three points? I know i don't.

Well, exactly.

This is the point Sam is trying to make - we need to focus on keeping a clean sheet.

Scoring clearly isn't a problem for us, it's keeping tight at the back.

Fail to see any problems in what Sam has said...

Scoring clearly isn't a problem for us, it's keeping tight at the back.

I'm not sure about that, looking at our league games so far:

Blackburn 1-1 Fulham

Man City 1-1 Blackburn

Blackburn 1-2 Arsenal

Birmingham 2-1 Blackburn

Blackburn 1-0 Everton

1 goal a game, That's pretty poor IMHO.

I have no problem with what Sam has said, just pointing out that if he goes with a gameplan of keeping it tight and going for a 1-0 win i am not too confident it will work (going off previous results). Hopefully the positive thing is that Sam knows (his recent comments about players switching off and sitting back after a lead) that there needs to be something to be done about it. Let's see if that changes today.

I can't work up any enthusiasm for us at the moment- watching Rovers is like a prolonged visit to the dentist. If we aim to get anything we'll need to score at least one goal, to win we'll probably need more than that. Paint me a picture where Rovers get three or four goals ! Oh I know their goalie drops the ball at Kalinic's feet several times.

Come on Rovers prove me wrong !

Archived