BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Thugs

Kelbo

Thanks to the Rovers fan who decided to remove the front teeth of a close friend at Preston Railway Station on Saturday evening, he is a sound lad who's only mistake was to say he came from Burnley!!

Ok, he is a Burnley fan, we have great banter between each other but he didnt deserve that.

Needless to say, he has decided to prosecute the offender and so he should, whoever feels that violence is the way to behave, whichever team we support, should be punished in the most severe manner possible.

At times it makes me feel ashamed to be a Rovers fan!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

were you with the lad that got attacked Kelbo? Horrible to hear this, and i hope the guy gets what he deserves.

No, but there were four others with him, all respectable and responsible in their jobs and positions, one a prospective council member and head of Sports Development.

didn't they all pile in and help your mate out...?

Unfortunately no, they all have to have CRB checks for their jobs in Sports Development and any kind of violence would have serious repercussions with their work. the lad who got hit is a boxing coach too and has one hell of a punch!!

so they all stood by and watched while your mate got his front teeth punched out? Did he not think to defend himself?

He is more than able to defend himself, however, he didnt see this coming and

he only took 2 punches I think before the transport Police arrived, not too sure of other details as he was on his way to emergency dentist on Sunday when he told me, but was all all caught on CCTV, he has to be so careful, any kind of violence can prevent you working with kids!

Not being funny Kelbo but the CRB check is a pathetic excuse, and they should be ashamed of themselves for not defend the lad in question.

How was he exposed as a Burnley fan? Not the best idea to discuss such things on Preston station after a day on the ale?

I think Kelbo's point is that a wait on a train station platform shouldn't result in dental surgery because some half wit objects to your home town.

If the half wit in question is brought to justice he will probably get a weeks community service - which he more than likely wont turn up for.

so they all stood by and watched while your mate got his front teeth punched out? Did he not think to defend himself?

As a boxing coach or a boxer, to defend yourself can have a persons licence to box with drawn. There is a limit to how far you can go in defending yourself - for a person in boxing or simular sport, that limit is even less. I am talking about legally.

I'd have kicked his fookin head in and no mistake....if it's on cctv then it would prove that i was defending myself...Its a right to defends oneself and he'd have had is head ripped off.

Just because there is a camera there, does not mean the thing is on. Therefore to prove you were only defending yourself or your mates were defending their mates can sometimes be hard to prove. In the situation that Kelbo has described, it appears there was one individual who came to an individual in a group and punched him. All the group could have done, legally, is stop it going further. Anything more it would look like the group picked on thie individual who threw the punch.

Thanks to the Rovers fan who decided to remove the front teeth of a close friend at Preston Railway Station on Saturday evening, he is a sound lad who's only mistake was to say he came from Burnley!!

Ok, he is a Burnley fan, we have great banter between each other but he didnt deserve that.

Needless to say, he has decided to prosecute the offender and so he should, whoever feels that violence is the way to behave, whichever team we support, should be punished in the most severe manner possible.

At times it makes me feel ashamed to be a Rovers fan!

Bit stupid of him to say that. Rovers fans will have been drunk and over the moon after a victory over their neighbours Blackpool, and he decided to publicise the fact he's a Burnley fan? Seems stupid to me.

Bit stupid of him to say that. Rovers fans will have been drunk and over the moon after a victory over their neighbours Blackpool, and he decided to publicise the fact he's a Burnley fan? Seems stupid to me.

Yes, blatantly he's the one in the wrong here...

We need far more 'over the moon' drunks assaulting these stupid people who dare to reveal their place of dwelling

:blink:

just because rovers won a game does not really give the offender the right celebrate by punching someone. :wacko:

sounds more like thugs, who dont deserve to be rovers fans and looking an excuses to fight.

I knew a lad who was on a trip to scotland and decided to buy a Hibbs top on his last day; simply because he liked the look of it and it was green (Irish). He had no interest in football at all. He walked down the wrong street I guess and was beaten to death. Later it was discovered by Hearts fans. No one has the right to harm anyone because of the team they support or seem to!

Not being funny Kelbo but the CRB check is a pathetic excuse, and they should be ashamed of themselves for not defend the lad in question.

How was he exposed as a Burnley fan? Not the best idea to discuss such things on Preston station after a day on the ale?

Is it? loss of job and career? really, I think you should look closely at the barriers we now have to work with when dealing with kids, extremely difficult, any form of violence could result in the loss of jobs, not only this year, but I understand its now a five year period as a minimum!!

How did it come about? he was asked where he was from, all my family live close to dingle land, yet they are Rovers fans and many are season ticket holders,this was in the late evening, not the afternoon, alcohol to me is no excuse, its used too often as an excuse for bad behaviour, I like a drink with my mates, sometimes have got very tipsy, yet I dont resort to violence.

100% behind you Kelbo I know of two people who applied for jobs who had been involved in minor incidents when younger,one a teacher and one who works at a college. When they came up on the CRB they had to explain what had happened lucky they got the jobs. Now if you get in trouble it goes on the CRB in days and notifies employers strait away.How many on hear would want kidy fiddlers working in schools, and abusive, thieves, working with old people.By the way I think people involved in contact sports (boxing, martial arts) can be prosecuted for using a offensive weapon.

I knew a lad who was on a trip to scotland and decided to buy a Hibbs top on his last day; simply because he liked the look of it and it was green (Irish). He had no interest in football at all. He walked down the wrong street I guess and was beaten to death. Later it was discovered by Hearts fans. No one has the right to harm anyone because of the team they support or seem to!

I'm a Hibs fan,sorry to hear about this when was it?

No chance, Iceman. This is Britain, not South Africa. :angry2:

I read English papers online and I have to concede the leniency demonstrated toward the criminal element in England is shocking. I've never been sure if it is "papertalk" designed the generate controversy or an accurate reflection of what goes on in the English justice system. If accurate, I'm surprised you folks tolerate it.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Kelbo. Hope everything can be fixed and his attacker is publically flogged (which would be justice in my opinion).

Archived