BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Thugs

Kelbo

You're right its not GBH. Its merely ABH punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment. Total over-reaction. :rolleyes:

Should be 6 months only..................starting with 6 strokes of the birch and finishing with a further three (as a reminder not to do it again).

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defending a friend and splitting up a fight is not classed as violent crime. If it is all on CCTV that would not be an issue. Like Gav I'd have jumped in there to save a mate a good beating or just to deflect some of the beating from them, but you have to make a split second decision and what I'd do is not necessarily right or wrong. If there are no impartial witnesses it is highly unlikely you would be prosecuted, there would be no case with no hard evidence against you.

However, supporting your local team does not warrant losing your front teeth and receiving a good kicking. I hope justice is done.

Totally spot on

There's no justification for punching someone's teeth out just because they live in a town you don't like.

Kelbo's friend apparently wasn't beaten, just punched a couple of times. If he or his friends had reacted then it wouldn't really be self-defence anymore, it'd just be a brawl. Very sensible of them not to get involved or pursue it further, given their circumstances.

There's no justification for punching someone's teeth out just because they live in a town you don't like.

Kelbo's friend apparently wasn't beaten, just punched a couple of times. If he or his friends had reacted then it wouldn't really be self-defence anymore, it'd just be a brawl. Very sensible of them not to get involved or pursue it further, given their circumstances.

Don't be silly Miker, clearly blood and honour are more important than a livelihood and putting food on the table. <_<

Don't be silly Miker, clearly blood and honour are more important than a livelihood and putting food on the table. <_<

And clearly not having the courage to step in and help a friend has never been an issue for some has it?

Still it's easy to be a keyboard warrior and accuse others of.. and I quote " Blowing Goats"

Easy to be cocky behind a keyboard aint it?

Miker

Tony gales mic

I'm glad I never had to go out on patrol with either of you

Oh!.... And one more thing. Tell me. How you can watch someone else bleed out and do nothing about it and still have any honour?...... Honour?... You don't even know the meaning of the word.

[/quote

So smacking a kid by todays standards is beating it? (Well according to the NSPCC it is anyway) but knocking out an Adults two front teeth isn't? So you wouldn't help a mate under similar circumstances?.....Sounds like nothing more than an excuse for being a coward to me!.... What's your favourite colour.....Yellow?

My twopenneth. Not good, sorry to hear about this and I hope he recovers / get's a better set of front teeth. There is no excuse.

1. If I was a burnley fan (good grief) or even from there, in Preston on a Saturday night, specifically at Preston station, my thought process would be along the lines of "Where did t'Rovers play today? Oh bloody hell, Blackpool - there's a good chance one or two could be knocking around, I'd better be on my guard. You never know. If I'm asked I'll just say I'm from Accy and don't follow football". Or something along those lines, it certainly wouldn't have escaped my notice that there was a very good chance some idiots could be knocking around. Not that that justifies anything of course, just how I would be thinking.

2. Secondly, it's all very well saying that his mates could have stepped in. However that's easier said than done and I'm sure that this chap who delivered the punch would not have been alone. In fact I'm sure that there will have been more of them than the group who this unfortunate chap was with.

Having said that, if it was one of my group of mates who received the punch then there's only one thing to do - hide- stick up for him and to hell with he consequences. That's nothing to do with the size of my gonads by the way - that's just what you do. Or like to think you would do when typing on the internet at 8.25 on a wet Wednesday morning. A bit different to actually being there of course and taking on not just the assailant but also his 30 mates.

Far too much testosterone round here.

David Cameron's advice in situations like this is to "hug a hoodie". Everyone knows these thugs need a good cuddle.

Striking back in the name of "honour" or revenge seems senseless to me. Presumably BTP are present on Preston station - I'd have let them sort it out.

Far too much testosterone round here.

David Cameron's advice is situations like this is to "hug a hoodie". Everyone knows these thugs need a good cuddle.

Striking back in the name of "honour" or revenge seems senseless to me. Presumably BTP are present on Preston station - I'd have let them sort it out.

Far too much testosterone? Not enough by half Jim! This aint about being macho, this is about standing by your mates, sticking up for them, try and remember all those years ago..... Ferk me what the hell has happened to society? Am I such a dinosaur that standing up for your mates is considered such a no no nowadays?...... Why the (Please don't use that word again) did we fight for any of you? Tossers!

This aint about being macho, this is about standing by your mates, sticking up for them,

Presumably you enjoy fighting, or having "a good bundle" ? The best way to "stand by your mates" in my book is to have the assailant brought before the law and prosecuted.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Presumably you enjoy fighting, or having "a good bundle" ? The best way to "stand by your mates" in my book is to have the assailant brought before the law and prosecuted.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Well you "presume" too much then don't ya!

A dish best served cold? Yeah, try explaining that to your best mate when he's on life support after standing on an anti personnel mine, cos you didn't have the courage to step in and help him...Dress it up how you like.... You wouldn't help your mate because you aint got the bottle... End of!

Hang your head in shame!....... Bottle merchant!

Arseholes like you lot are one of the reasons I left the UK.

Left wing PC ######!

Makes me laff, If that kid had have been a pakistani instead of a kid from Burnley, you'd have been up in arms, Terrible racist hate crime, etc. etc.

A dish best served cold...... That's really gonna be a comfort to his wife and kids....Tosser!

Two points here, firstly the British Transport Police did step in and quickly too, after the second punch, secondly,

all you ppeople who advocate self defence etc, you get hit, you smack the guy back hard, he falls and hits his head on the platform and dies, who gets accused of manslaughter?

Those are the dangers of mixing it nowadays and we have seen umpteen precidents of this, in a court of law, a precident becomes 9/10 of the verdict.

Spot on otto..I'd stand up for ANY of my mates..abd that's not keyboard talk that's fact ! Cant believe anyone could let their mate get assaulted .one surprise punch yes it happens but two and the lad didn't fight back is very strange.

Thanks Abbey! Felt like I was all on my own for a moment there. :tu:

Spot on otto..I'd stand up for ANY of my mates..abd that's not keyboard talk that's fact ! Cant believe anyone could let their mate get assaulted .one surprise punch yes it happens but two and the lad didn't fight back is very strange.

Abbey, read the whole thread, the police stepped in after two quick punches, I do wonder why in football, you get fouled and then retaliate, who get sent off?

Its about discipline, discipline in life and mind, working with children requires so much discipline nowadays and judging by some of the comments on here I can understand why, a teacher without discipline is an accident waiting to happen, you simply have to be in control of the situation and allow the law to take its course.

I can tell you BT Police spent two hours with my mate on Monday, they, I understand know who the assailant was and the law will take its course.

Further to this, at least one of the three mates was female, one a prospective Councillor (fighting would be a real vote winner wouldnt it) and the other a UEFA B football coach. see the problem?

Abbey, read the whole thread, the police stepped in after two quick punches, I do wonder why in football, you get fouled and then retaliate, who get sent off?

Its about discipline, discipline in life and mind, working with children requires so much discipline nowadays and judging by some of the comments on here I can understand why, a teacher without discipline is an accident waiting to happen, you simply have to be in control of the situation and allow the law to take its course.

I can tell you BT Police spent two hours with my mate on Monday, they, I understand know who the assailant was and the law will take its course.

Further to this, at least one of the three mates was female, one a prospective Councillor (fighting would be a real vote winner wouldnt it) and the other a UEFA B football coach. see the problem?

Discipline? I was a soldier Kelbo. I understand discipline. discipline under fire, discipline on the parade ground, discipline of the mind(sic) self discipline, in fact discipline you have probably never even imagined let alone experienced. No disrepect dude but would "YOUR" discilpine have been any consolation had your mate have died because of this morons behaviour?..... Nah... I didn't think so! hey and as for your "prospective Councillor" must be better to lose a mate rather than votes eh?.....Keep digging mate, keep digging

Why don't you answer the whole post Jim and NOT take my comment out of context?

What's the matter mate,don't you even have the courage to do that?

Why should Jim bother even trying to communicate with you in a reasonable way when you keep throwing out insults such as coward and tosser.

Also,in my book Cyprus is welcome to you,you seem a very angry individual.

Archived