BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Thugs

Kelbo

Yes, blatantly he's the one in the wrong here...

We need far more 'over the moon' drunks assaulting these stupid people who dare to reveal their place of dwelling

:blink:

I'm not saying he is in the wrong. All I am saying is that it was stupid of him revealing he was a Burnley fan in front of drunk Rovers fans. You're just asking to be smacked if you ask me.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying he is in the wrong. All I am saying is that it was stupid of him revealing he was a Burnley fan in front of drunk Rovers fans. You're just asking to be smacked if you ask me.

We don't know what was said. It's quite conceivable that when stood at a train station someone might approach and ask where you are going (e.g. to make sure they are at the right platform/haven't missed their train etc), to which he may have replied 'Burnley', and was then walloped.

Ultimately the attacker is clearly a scumbag, regardless of the specific circumstances/conversation that led to it. You have to be 'that type of person' to find that action appropriate

Do teeth grow back if you give the other guy a smack too after the fact?

Or does it simply encourage the loss of more teeth when he then gives you a 3rd punch in response?

If the Police hadn't turned up he would've just let teh guy carry on smacking him I suppose, because he wouldn't have wanted to strike back in self-defence just in case he made him angry.

Can't be much of a boxing coach if he's worried that he'll come off second best to a drunken thug.

Dr doom ..you brought me up as a loser...anyhow you would protect a nurse but not your mates..classy.

:lol: I didn't say you were a loser, I said he was if he was agreeing with you "onto a loser" - referring to the argument rather than yourself. I know your command of the English language is poor at the best of times but I would've expected even you to get that...

Like I said, there's a difference between restraining and starting a fist fight. In this case two punches were made which would hardly allow enough time for any kind of restraint to occur.

If the Police hadn't turned up he would've just let teh guy carry on smacking him I suppose, because he wouldn't have wanted to strike back in self-defence just in case he made him angry.

Can't be much of a boxing coach if he's worried that he'll come off second best to a drunken thug.

Nice straw man fallacy there

Nice straw man fallacy there

Not at all. If you don't have the means to escape and you can't talk someone out of violence then if they hit you you should take action to avoid further damage. To just stand there and let them hit you is wrong. Pretty essential point.

The best thing of course, is to avoid confrontation in the first place.

dr arrogance ...just used to arrogant attitude to people that are beneath thy elevated platform . 2 punches not enough time for restraint ? Shows how little you know about the subject then.

Most people can fire two punches in less than ten seconds.

Abbey, you can barely speak English properly, you're only going to make yourself look yet more silly by trying to debate with me, come on now.

He didnt ever reveal he was a Burnley fan, now please read and digest what has been said, he said he came from Burnley, thats all!

I am going to ask the mods to close this thread, I am appalled at some of the comments, the inability of some to read, understand and digest what has been said and to in many ways condone the actions of the assailant, to avoid confrontation (so we cant go by rail, in case some demented drunk decides he wants to throw punches) If we are Roverws fans, must never go near Burnley and vice versa, what is this world coming to.

My final thoughts on this matter is, a drunken yob, unable to handle beer, wanted to smack someone, irrespective of where he was from, he would have found something or someone else to pick on, thats what these fellas do, they look for trouble in or out of football.

To conclude and a specific message to the member of the constabulary, remember what you were taught at training school regarding off duty confrontations <_<

Makes you despair when ex policemen are advocating meeting violence with more violence.

Meeting violence with violence = self defense. Don't see anything wrong with it. And even think it should be encouraged.

And people should be allowed to say whatever they want without fear of violence. And whether that means naming their home town or calling me a !@#$% to my face, no one deserves to be attacked. If we truly live in a civilized society that should be the norm. If not the barbarians are in charge of the asylum and its time for "civilized" people to take steps.

As to Kelbo's friend, he is clearly the victim and did absolutely nothing wrong. And his friends did nothing wrong either. No one is required to fight. That's a personal decision based upon a number of factors. I'm not going to critique Ghandi for being what he is, a pacifist, just as I am not going to criticize Abbey or Otto for knocking a few heads together in similar circumstances.

And two punches can be thrown very quickly. I'm not sure I would have had time to react after a night out drinking and being attacked out of the blue, and I've been in one or two tight spots. And even if they were a relatively slow two punches, if the police were on the scene right then, I'm not sure that there was an opportunity or need to do anything.

Regardless, I'm sorry for your friend and I'm sorry for the stick your other friends have taken. I hope the assailant is caught and that Bazza's 6 lashes plus 3 as a reminder is swiftly carried into effect.

I know somebody who was alone, started on by a group of four guys, punched one of the assailants breaking his jaw.

He was given 6 months for ABH

Well that is ridiculous.

Sad state of affairs when one cannot protect oneself. Luckily it is not like that where I am at the moment.

I have even cut down trees to give me good firing arcs all around my property line. The bunker is almost complete.

Meeting violence with violence = self defense. Don't see anything wrong with it. And even think it should be encouraged.

And people should be allowed to say whatever they want without fear of violence. And whether that means naming their home town or calling me a !@#$% to my face, no one deserves to be attacked. If we truly live in a civilized society that should be the norm. If not the barbarians are in charge of the asylum and its time for "civilized" people to take steps.

As to Kelbo's friend, he is clearly the victim and did absolutely nothing wrong. And his friends did nothing wrong either. No one is required to fight. That's a personal decision based upon a number of factors. I'm not going to critique Ghandi for being what he is, a pacifist, just as I am not going to criticize Abbey or Otto for knocking a few heads together in similar circumstances.

And two punches can be thrown very quickly. I'm not sure I would have had time to react after a night out drinking and being attacked out of the blue, and I've been in one or two tight spots. And even if they were a relatively slow two punches, if the police were on the scene right then, I'm not sure that there was an opportunity or need to do anything.

Regardless, I'm sorry for your friend and I'm sorry for the stick your other friends have taken. I hope the assailant is caught and that Bazza's 6 lashes plus 3 as a reminder is swiftly carried into effect.

Agree with this pretty much.

Had his friends chosen to lamp this bloke to defend his mate, it would have been justified.

However the complete failure of others to understand why his mates didn't hit his friend is the really baffling thing here.

Sad state of affairs when one cannot protect oneself. Luckily it is not like that where I am at the moment.

I have even cut down trees to give me good firing arcs all around my property line. The bunker is almost complete.

America, land of the free, home of the heavily armed. B)

dr arrogant who the hell do you think you are? Your a quack not a God ifs! Debate..oh no I'm out of my depth..locks,chokes ,strangleholds or restraints .I've been trained in these for 35 years ..are you?

You probably are because you are the master of every topic

dr arrogant who the hell do you think you are? Your a quack not a God ifs! Debate..oh no I'm out of my depth..locks,chokes ,strangleholds or restraints .I've been trained in these for 35 years ..are you?

ooo! are you the Undertaker? or Batman even?!

:o

I don't know if it is "the" answer, but it is "an" answer, a perfectly adequate one too. Not to mention that its historically a right of a free people, as opposed to down trodden slaves and surfs..

Oi! Smurfs can have guns too!

edit: Sorry, misread that

:lol: I'm neither a quack or a God Abbey.

It doesn't make a difference if you've been trained in those for 35 years, I'm guessing his friends weren't and given only two punches were fired before the police came it sounds like they had a few seconds to react.

I don't know if it is "the" answer, but it is "an" answer, a perfectly adequate one too. Not to mention that its historically a right of a free people, as opposed to down trodden slaves and surfs..

If everyone has guns, nobody is free.

I would rather live in a country where guns are illegal. I will never change my views on that.

Archived