BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Superleague Grand Final

Xavier, Mutu, Danny Cadamarteri, Paddy Kenny off top of my head and don't forget the FA keep many names a secret. Believe me Jim, when a reliable testing for growth hormone is found there's going to be some serious trouble ahead and I bet there's been some serious cold sweats when Tez tested positive.

Four names in the whole of world football ? Hardly "widespread" is it ?

And where is the evidence that the FA keep "many names a secret" ? Sound like bar-room talk in the local rugby club by players trying to defend their inferior sport.

Comparing RL to cricket is nonsensical - two very different sports. A debate on the relative merits or otherwise of RL and RU is legitimate.

How so? The poster was complaining about the style of the game - how one team has possession of the ball, then the other team has control. Which is why I brought up cricket as only one team can score at a time.

Four names in the whole of world football ? Hardly "widespread" is it ?

And where is the evidence that the FA keep "many names a secret" ? Sound like bar-room talk in the local rugby club by players trying to defend their inferior sport.

You know what Jim I just cant be bothered with you any more. The fact you label another sport 'inferior' just because you don't like it shows what an incredibly arrogant person you are.

Well whatever anyone things about rugby league, union or cricket :S I'm very excited. Should be a cracking game and atmosphere!! (there doesn't seem to be many at the DW today!).

Given the fact that you're a Rugby League fan how do you still justify watching football.

Interesting question. For all the bad things about football these days, going to Rovers is different. I've always gone to Rovers, its who my family support and I have loads of mates who also go. So for me I'd always pick Rovers over Wigan. Though any other time that Wigan are playing when Rovers aren't I go there.

I think RL is a wonderful game, and the whole atmosphere is different to watching football. They can do things like have all 14 teams in the same city for Millennium Magic which could never happen in footy.

Come on you cherry and whites!!

For it's like this- You go to ten games of Football as a neutral and you'll see two or three exciting games. You go to ten games of Rugby League and you'll see seven or eight exciting games, it's that simple. I've been on the edge of my seat for most of the homes games at Hornets this season, can anybody say that about Rovers ?

Championies, championies ole ole ole :D :D

Not greatest game of rugby ever but I dont care!! Wigan should've had more points but some dodgy kickin from Piggy and Tomkins meant it was closer than it could've been.

Congratulations to the pie eaters, they wanted it more. Wigan started at a higher tempo and maintained it throughout the game. What was the minutes silence like at the stadium ? On TV a Saints player was seen to spit onto the ground and was constantly looking around, I hope this wasn't a deliberate slight.

Minutes silence was spoiled by some idiots in the Wigan end, not sure who started it but Wigan fans telling them to shut the f up only makes things worse. I didn't see the what the players were doing but I'd imagine it was more nerves and stress than anything. Was impressed with the massive Wigan turnout - even the Saints end had plenty of Wigan fans in there.

Anyway, fave pic so far:

l17c.jpg

I think he's cheated and got that from twitter:) (sorry koi!)

6 months he's gonna be out for :(

Oi! :lol: , straight from Pat's twitter page. I know a few involved with the club but no-one who could (or would) blag me hospitality! Hard seeing him in that cast but it's a great reaction from the steel man.

Had a couple of texts from mates who are out in Wigan and the lads are all making up for the last seven weeks of being dry - Piggy and Tommy in particular :lol:

Archived