BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Preview

CrazyIvan

Rovers tried to sign Ken Jones this summer, but could not afford it. From his Stoke performances so far this season he would have a good signing for us I reckon. But he was too expensive, according to Sam Allardyce.

In a way it's a bit like me thinking I would like to go down Saville Row and buy a new Ozwald Boateng suit only to find out when I get there it was £500. So I then have to go back up north to Primark for a loan of grey hooded top.

Getting the excuses in early I see.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like beerwins, my heart says 1 - 0 to us. Don't know [don't care!] who'll score for us; just have a gut feeling that we'll get the 3 points.

It's a chance to make sure that, as the table begins to settle down after 7 games, we'll be nearer the top than the relegation zone.

we are struggling to get anything from this game today. since stoke have been in the premier league, we have not even looked like getting anything from them at their place. maybe we can snatch a draw 0-0.

what media outlet is the match commentary coming from?? i am in peru at the moment and i am sure that i can't get radio rovers here as i don't have any log-in details.

It looks like it'll be a more conventional 4-5-1 rather than the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 we've been seeing this season. Diouf junior up front on his own suggests we may look to sit back a bit more and hit em on the break. But if we do that Samba is gonna have to be on top of his game to handle Kenwyne Jones.

Jones is not a good midfielder, why does Sam persist with him there? Excellent Defender, very average midfield. Square peg in round hole!

Stoke look very positive and creative. The complete opposite of us, we're going to get battered today if the first 10 minutes is anything to go by.

Chat room is full for me?!

Possession is 70/30 to stoke! I was playing Fifa 11 yesterday and Andy Gray commented that Rovers were bossing possession and that being something you don't associate with Blackburn Rovers! It's going to take ages to lose our reputation now :(

Archived