Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Preview

CrazyIvan

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three points to make so far:

-Emerton looks MUCH, MUCH better

-I think N'zonzi should try sending some more passes forward, rather than constantly passing backwards. He has potential to send some really nice through balls for the forward players.

-I don't think anyone's going to win this game if they continue attacking in the air

Exciting game as well so far. It's really proving to be quite a strong clash with end to end action.

No quality what so ever when we get near their goal, it's just a case of chucking it in the box and hoping it'll drop for someone. The crossing hasn't been the best. What difference someone like Bentley would make to this team?

-I think N'zonzi should try sending some more passes forward, rather than constantly passing backwards. He has potential to send some really nice through balls for the forward players.

As you type that, Nzonzi sends a woeful pass out of play.

Jones is not a good midfielder, why does Sam persist with him there? Excellent Defender, very average midfield. Square peg in round hole!

Stoke look very positive and creative. The complete opposite of us, we're going to get battered today if the first 10 minutes is anything to go by.

I disagree, I think Jones is still able to use his defensive qualities in midfield, but it also allows him to make dangerous runs from deep into the box. He's done that on a couple of occasions this season and he's gradually proving to be more of a threat. I prefer seeing him play there in place of Andrews or Grella.

No quality what so ever when we get near their goal, it's just a case of chucking it in the box and hoping it'll drop for someone. The crossing hasn't been the best. What difference someone like Bentley would make to this team?

Probably not much. There would be no Santa Cruz/younger, slimmer McCarthy to get on the end of them.

Decent half for us, look so much more dangerous when we try and play some football and to be fair we have played some good stuff on the occasion today, decent performance but we need to keep tight and create some better chance if were to score. Mame Diouf suits the lone striker role much more than Kalinic. Emerton, Pedersen and Diouf all playing well.

Well I enjoyed it! Diouff is enjoying it too..............and he has been my MOM so far. N'Zonzi has been the main disappointment.....he doesn't seem to have the confidence to play a forward ball. Not surprisingly, when he did after 42 minutes, it was awful! Get Keith on!

We can win this......if only we had a centre forward............

Decent half for us, look so much more dangerous when we try and play some football and to be fair we have played some good stuff on the occasion today, decent performance but we need to keep tight and create some better chance if were to score. Mame Diouf suits the lone striker role much more than Kalinic. Emerton, Pedersen and Diouf all playing well.

Really? I'll give you Diouf (if you are talking about our Diouf) and Emerton who looks a different player after that goal last week. Not sure i agree with your view on Pedersen.

We've had one really decent chance, and a couple of semi chances that failed to turn into shots on goal. Jones for example had a couple of decent runs but nothing really came from them. Stoke really should have put one of their two chances away, side netting on both ocassions after some superb play.

Decent half because its still 0-0 and on course for a point which would be a decent result away from home, i'm expecting Stoke to be fired up come out strong after half-time.

Archived