BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover Thread

Re Mr Shah, this where we are really missing Kamy (and in so many other aspects as well). The answer is I don't know but Kamy does.

Yes I think we are through due diligence and it is now bid, counter bid and evaluate.

Is there anyway we can get hold of Kamy? I remember on the thread about him leaving the board one of the moderaters said they may get some info from him from time time.

Need to get Mike B back as well as I and am sure many others found his post informative.

Hughesy - any news from you man behind the scenes ?

Billy calm down. Believe me this is moving extremely fast for a transaction of this size.

Bubble, you can chose to believe or not- I suggest don't as this is not being presented as "Gospel".

I think three bidders are in effect at the point where they could close the deal in as little as two or three days if the Trustees were to select them as the winning bid. Evaluating all this is not an easy task and making a knee jerk decision on the club's ownership after losing 1-0 at Stoke is thankfully one thing the Walker Trustees will not do.

This might take weeks or as I have said for more than two weeks now, just one phone call delivering a deal clincher could seal the purchase.

Anyone else fed up with the speculation and tapping up those who claim to be in the know? That's no offence to anyone in particular, I just think the topic has run its course atm, and I'd rather wait until we know one way or another.

I think after today this needs to happen fast with our totally toothless display today we desperately need money to overhaul the squad. I also agree if this does happen Sam will have to bring more sexy players because with dosh there will be no excuse but ideally a new manager might be needed. I agree with you Billy we play so 1 dimensionally. Philip I think the time to panic is now we are in potentially a disastrous situation in the league with the ownership resolved it will give everyone a boost. Philip would you rather the ownership gets resolved when we are bottom of the league & up the creek without a paddle and morale is low?,because believe me the next 3 fixtures are going to be exceptionally difficult apart from the mackems the other 2 are difficult & will be lucky to get anything out of. Philip you say in the earlier post it is bid, counter bid then evaluate which of the parties have bid?. Is it only Ali Syed that has done due diligence or has someone else done it as well?. Philip I was under the impression Syed has not made a bid are you know saying he has made a bid?. Philip in your opinion the way this is going who are the trustees leaning towards in terms of the sale?. Thanks.

Rovers fans should not despair though. Takeover talk may have gone quiet at the moment but there is still plenty of activity behind the scenes.

Ahsan Ali Syed is certainly still in the race, with his people insisting on Friday things are still on track, while Saurin Shah is remaining patient as he waits to make his move.

It is understood there is at least one other group seriously interested in purchasing Rovers - and the careful silence from both sides suggests they do mean business.

One potential suitor is Indian industrial conglomerate the Mahindra Group, according to growing rumours, who have operations in various fields including the automotive, farm equipment, financial services, and IT and infrastructure sectors.

The US $6.3 billion Mahindra Group is among the top 10 industrial houses in India but they declined to comment, just saying: "We do not speculate on speculative stories."

Rovers fans should not despair though. Takeover talk may have gone quiet at the moment but there is still plenty of activity behind the scenes.

Ahsan Ali Syed is certainly still in the race, with his people insisting on Friday things are still on track, while Saurin Shah is remaining patient as he waits to make his move.

It is understood there is at least one other group seriously interested in purchasing Rovers - and the careful silence from both sides suggests they do mean business.

One potential suitor is Indian industrial conglomerate the Mahindra Group, according to growing rumours, who have operations in various fields including the automotive, farm equipment, financial services, and IT and infrastructure sectors.

The US $6.3 billion Mahindra Group is among the top 10 industrial houses in India but they declined to comment, just saying: "We do not speculate on speculative stories."

I think there is a big clue that this takeover could be closer by the way Andy Cryer ends the article when he says 'but don't be surprised to see Rovers changing owners sooner rather than later'

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived