BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Herold Goulon

FFS!!! He's been here 3 months... he's played in a handful of games! give the guy a chance he's 21 years old and he's playing at a level that is far superior to what he is used too! yess i admit he doesnt look like any N'zonzi... at the moment but we got lucky with him, how many other players have you seen walk in from an unknown 3rd division french team and become fans player of the year in his first season!! N'nonzi was a one off, dont expect a sudden miracle from him, just give it time!!!

You could polish a stone for years but you won't always find a diamond.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could give a football player more than 3 months to show what he's worth!!

Ah yes, the old "give him a chance" argument. In other words, don't have an opinion unless it's positive.

For what it's worth he looks useless to me, and that's a fact.

Ah yes, the old "give him a chance" argument. In other words, don't have an opinion unless it's positive.

one of the most, un-coordinated players i´ve ever seen. Really slow and sluggish

dont talk to me about positives!! i have followed this club my whole life but i have never met a more negative bunch of people ... 3 quarters of our fans complain at everything, obviously your one of them!! i think this everytime i come on this message board, even if theirs nothing to complain about you make something to complain about.... if it wasnt for my love for the club and its development i would have been off this messageboard months ago.... some people are beyond a joke!!

dont talk to me about positives!! i have followed this club my whole life but i have never met a more negative bunch of people ... 3 quarters of our fans complain at everything, obviously your one of them!! i think this everytime i come on this message board, even if theirs nothing to complain about you make something to complain about.... if it wasnt for my love for the club and its development i would have been off this messageboard months ago.... some people are beyond a joke!!

The messageboard is about opinions Sparky. That post just reaffirms that you don't want any.

The messageboard is about opinions Sparky. That post just reaffirms that you don't want any.

im all for opinions but when its just negative, negative, negative with every subject it gets a little boring!!

anyway i wont go into it anymore all i will say is... we will see!

• Backroom

Looks ten times the player the harwood pieboy does at present.

From the little footage of us attacking at sunderland on match of the day he had a couple of lovely touches to win us a free kick just outside the box.

I dont think he cost much cash. He was a free transfer, and for a club who had virtually no money these type of signing were our only avenue. Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. Too early to write him off, but based on his 25 minutes against United, he has his work cut out for him.

im all for opinions but when its just negative, negative, negative with every subject it gets a little boring!!

anyway i wont go into it anymore all i will say is... we will see!

What are you saying? I posted a positive one in the relegation thread, all negative indeed :P

I've seen the lad up close and personal against opposition he should be able to walk over in a behind closed doors friendly a couple of months ago. The lad scored fair play to him but apart from that he didn't do much else and considering he was up against Reserves/U18's from a league one club you'd think he would have at least have been able to show something in patches but alas he did not. Football's a funny game you never really can tell 100% so you never know but based on what I have seen and it not being just 45 against United away, I'm not convinced at all.

Have you seen him show anything in any of the other reserve games he's played in?

Have to admit, I didn't watch the United game so can't really comment on that, but surely worth another chance before being written off.

What about Linganzi? What's happened to him? I thought he was doing well in the reserve games...

I'm not saying he shouldn't get another chance but if he's going to get one when needs to be carefully considered. I just don't think he should be thrown straight in as a starter he needs to get little patches of time when other are fatigued. Trouble is the standard of the reserves league really isn't that high, perhaps a loan for both him and Lingzani should our injuries lessen towards the end of the window.

• Backroom

Gouloninho looked good when he came on I thought, solid and even threw in a Zidane 360 spin and outside of the foot pass.

Think he has something to offer us.

And why does the announcer call him Daryl?

He certainly does have a few nice touch's, he does seem to like to play a pass and move kind of game but will need a bit of work on his positions at times.

He may well end up being a very decent player, Kean seems to like bringing him on for a few minutes each game to give him some experience, Kean has probably worked with the young lads quite a bit and knows their potential.

Gouloninho looked good when he came on I thought, solid and even threw in a Zidane 360 spin and outside of the foot pass.

Think he has something to offer us.

No, I'm sorry but I really can't agree with that. His positional sense was all over the shop and he seemed to have no idea who he was supposed to be marking.

The turn he made was great, but he ruined it by crashing the ball straight into an opponent.

He might come good, but a lot of work is needed on the training pitch!

Archived