BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Herold Goulon

The thing that struck me is that when standing in front of the oncoming man in possession he seems to learch forward from the waist, very strange!, bit like a rugby player about to go into a scrum.

He also runs like nothing I've seen before. :) very unorthodox but if he does the business, I promise to stop :lol: at him.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did say in one of his interviews something along the lines of his head wasn't right at Boro but he was now determined to work hard. He has nuisance value too, together with Roberts he can cause maximum disruption to the opposition giving space to the other players.

Bothroyd didn't cut it with us, now he's playing for England. Bentley didn't cut it at Arsenal but left us as an England regular. The list is endless.

IMAO I don't think Bothroyd is a great example.

although your conclusion sounds like we let go the next Alan Shearer, he in fact is a very good championship player and a not quite cut the mustard premiership player.

Don't really think he deserved a cap.

IMAO I don't think Bothroyd is a great example.

although your conclusion sounds like we let go the next Alan Shearer, he in fact is a very good championship player and a not quite cut the mustard premiership player.

Don't really think he deserved a cap.

Well someone thinks very highly of Bothroyd but I must admit I'm not one of them. Bentley was a better example which is probably why you didn't mention him!

But over the years there must have been loads of players who didn't hit it off at one club but starred at another--------Davies, Freidal,Sherwood,Hendry immediately come to mind and that's just us!

Well someone thinks very highly of Bothroyd but I must admit I'm not one of them. Bentley was a better example which is probably why you didn't mention him!

But over the years there must have been loads of players who didn't hit it off at one club but starred at another--------Davies, Freidal,Sherwood,Hendry immediately come to mind and that's just us!

Oh I agree with you, anyone would be a retard to judge a player on one peformance, crazy.

I think Bothroyd was a little embarrassing and desperate for Capello.

I don't think Bentley was a classic flop at Arsenal, he looked amazing in his first few games, I just think Arsenal were too good and still are for Bentley. If he went back there he would still wouldn't make an impact.

But over the years there must have been loads of players who didn't hit it off at one club but starred at another--------Davies, Freidel,Sherwood,Hendry immediately come to mind and that's just us!

Dalglish excelled in picking up players who were going nowhere at their clubs, and turned it round with us.

• 1 month later...

and he barely played today.

Well that's one way of putting it. For someone built like a brick outhouse he seems totally lacking in the ability to 'put himself about a bit'. Wonder what the famed Allardyce test consisted of - I'd have thought (and hoped) it would have highlighted just that sort of thing.

He's a defensive midfielder, not exactly an impact sub. What's the point of bringing him on for the last 5 minutes? He needs to be given a chance to start, not come into a side devoid of confidence for the remaining 5 minutes of the match.

He was given a chance to start against manchester united away.. Didn't make much of an impression in that one

In fairness though Ricky, didn't all of our players climb inside the lion's mouth to have a look that day?

Probably too early to say, he looks like N Zonzi did when he first started playing for us for me.

Give the guy a chance, can't be easy for him.

He was given a chance to start against manchester united away.. Didn't make much of an impression in that one

He didn't really stay on long enough and was part of a team that was pretty poor all round that game. Was he actually taken off because he was doing poorly or because he had a knock?

FFS!!! He's been here 3 months... he's played in a handful of games! give the guy a chance he's 21 years old and he's playing at a level that is far superior to what he is used too! yess i admit he doesnt look like any N'zonzi... at the moment but we got lucky with him, how many other players have you seen walk in from an unknown 3rd division french team and become fans player of the year in his first season!! N'nonzi was a one off, dont expect a sudden miracle from him, just give it time!!!

Archived