BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i feel better tonight as it seems that the rovers new owner is only a few days away.

How on earth did you reach that conclusion?

Was it when Mike said the guy he had a pie with at lunchtime told him it'd be next Friday?

Before anyone jumps on the LFC sale being reported.

- Rovers are not at risk of a 9 point deduction on 15 October

- the Red Sox guy is reputedly worth $600m (£400m) and paying £400m to exit the debt and Hicks/Gillett....

- Hicks/Gillett are still fighting

Rogan Taylor's frying pan to fire comment in the Liverpool preview comes to mind.

How on earth did you reach that conclusion?

Was it when Mike said the guy he had a pie with at lunchtime told him it'd be next Friday?

Have you made a positive post contributing anything to the sum of human knowledge ever?

Before anyone jumps on the LFC sale being reported.

- Rovers are not at risk of a 9 point deduction on 15 October

- the Red Sox guy is reputedly worth $600m (£400m) and paying £400m to exit the debt and Hicks/Gillett....

- Hicks/Gillett are still fighting

Rogan Taylor's frying pan to fire comment in the Liverpool preview comes to mind.

Have you made a positive post contributing anything to the sum of human knowledge ever?

From what I gather the takeover would hardly see them sitting pretty anyways, it would just remove their debt, but that club need a huge takeover with large sums of money being thrown into the team.

• Backroom

From what I gather the takeover would hardly see them sitting pretty anyways, it would just remove their debt, but that club need a huge takeover with large sums of money being thrown into the team.

So do we... ;)

To be honest Phil, I go by the controversial notion that if you know nothing, say nothing.

Everything people have posted has been disproved in one way or another. Am I expected to not question a guy who says he went for a pie with a bloke who knows stuff and he said it'd be done next Friday? Especially when the same guy said the other week he'd seen plans for a new Riverside and the Syed deal was as good as done?

Those giving info can be as sensitive as they wish, but until something comes to fruition they have to accept they'll be questioned, and more damningly as this drags on and on I expect.

So do we... ;)

No, just £5m a season would be nice, but the more the better.

Unless they want to join us in the mediocre sub league permanently they need big investment.

MikeB I have to say I find your posts very interesting and worth reading. So ignore all the others and keep giving information it is well appreciated. However, you say you hear that this will be done and dusted by friday October 15th could you divulge who are the trustees leaning towards in terms of the sale if it breaks confidences don't mention just maybe give us some clues. With what has been reported in the last few days regarding Syed's bid faltering can you confirm is his bid dead in the water or is he still in contention there seems to be conflicting views with nothing confirmed.

Thanks as ever for your valuable insight.

smoss wrote: I believe that we will finish 10th or better this year, or at least 50 points plus. As in all things, time well tell.

I would love to know what you are on with the above comment smoss what makes you think we will finish 10th or better this year?. We have a forward line that have forgotten where the net is. Our midfield minus our most creative player Dunn is non existant due to finances. We have missed out on top strikers Gyan & Kenwyn Jones due to finances, we have had to settle for slow dodgy knees Banjoni how much more worse can it get?. Every other team in this league have strengthened massively so I have to say now with this current squad it is highly unlikely we will finish 10th more like 12th-20th. I never implied we should sell to any tom dick or Harry what I am saying we are in a unique position where many parties are interested a non sale would be disastrous. We have the luxury of picking from a number of good offers but surely one of the offers on the table must be good. So yes we should take our time with that but not selling before January could be disastrous. It is not doom & gloom just being realistic in the current PL climate even our very own beloved Dunny said as much recently in the press.

So do I :D

I look forward to the good times then Phil, the good times being either:-

1/ Rovers getting bought out, spending loads of money and becoming a top 6 club again.

2/ The forever ribbing you're going to get if all these bids go tits up. :D

I have no problem with MikeB, but the reports from the playboy bunny said that there could be a conclusion within 2 weeks time. Now people are saying, well this Friday its the 8th October, and next Friday its the 15th October. So the conclusion is that, in 2 weeks time on the 15th October, we will be sold. Ill eat my hat if we are sold on the 15th, but ill wait for further news from the Easter Bunny as i believe in that bunny :P

Can we please have the daily comment: things are moving fast however nothing will happen this week....

Ok John here you are i have it from a reliable sauce found in my cupboard this morning that things are moving fast behind the scenes but nothing will happen this week

Guys, thanks for the gentle 'ribbing' - thankfully, there doesn't quite seem to be the same level of negativity / cynicism as there was in last week's thread!

Yep, I've been wrong before but such is the nature of the beast with a MB, particularly on a topic like this.

I suspect that even if John Williams had been writing on this MB when all this began, he would have 'got things wrong' in your eyes given that the takeover is such a moving feast.

I stand by Friday 15 October, given who my pie and pint man is, and would not be surprised at all if S.B. Mittal is involved somewhere in the whole of this.

I would love to know what you are on with the above comment smoss what makes you think we will finish 10th or better this year?

I'm on realistic optimism (aka Guiness). We have a good squad. It is flawed and it needs to adjust, but that is not an impossible accomplishment. We will be fine so step back from the edge of the abyss. B)

And if I'm wrong, feel free to make fun of me this coming May. I can take it, ;)

I stand by Friday 15 October, given who my pie and pint man is, and would not be surprised at all if S.B. Mittal is involved somewhere in the whole of this.

Good for you. And right or wrong, thanks for the information.

Guys, thanks for the gentle 'ribbing' - thankfully, there doesn't quite seem to be the same level of negativity / cynicism as there was in last week's thread!

Yep, I've been wrong before but such is the nature of the beast with a MB, particularly on a topic like this.

I suspect that even if John Williams had been writing on this MB when all this began, he would have 'got things wrong' in your eyes given that the takeover is such a moving feast.

Okay Miker. But this is the last chance saloon, son.

If you're wrong, you have to run around Ewood, on matchday, in a pair of Burnley knickers.

MikeB, thanks for your input. You do realise that if it doesnt happen by the 15th its totally your fault :o

Why did you not disclose what kind of pie you had - it would have given your comments much more credibility :D

One Love -BRFC

Met a guy today, who's close to a couple of senior people at Ewood, for a pie, pint & chat and he reckons it will be completed by Friday 15 October.

He doesn't know who the mystery man is, however, Bharti Mittal, who I flagged last night, is a name he's heard about in connection with Rovers.

Again, this is offered in good faith so please don't shoot me down.

Hopefully this can be pushed through on the 14th would be a great birthday present for me :D

smoss wrote I'm on realistic optimism (aka Guiness). We have a good squad. It is flawed and it needs to adjust, but that is not an impossible accomplishment. We will be fine so step back from the edge of the abyss.

yes I do agree we have a good squad yes it is flawed and we need to adjust. It is not an impossible accomplishment with the correct funds in place. Without funds it will be impossible to strengthen the team I am not on the edge of the abyss I am just being realistic without money we will never strengthen as our free signing of Banjoni has illustrated.

Met a guy today, who's close to a couple of senior people at Ewood, for a pie, pint & chat and he reckons it will be completed by Friday 15 October.

He doesn't know who the mystery man is, however, Bharti Mittal, who I flagged last night, is a name he's heard about in connection with Rovers.

Again, this is offered in good faith so please don't shoot me down.

My cat is more likely to be the mystery bidder than Mittal, and I haven't got one :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Archived