BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Sorry Iceman.

I understand your point totally but it doesn't exist in reality. Anyone who takes over the club does not have to tell the fans anything until finalizing the deal. This is the same for any takeover. The 'mystery' bidder is going about this in the correct way and you should have confidence in his ability through the methods he is carrying this out in.

Doesn't stop it all being very frustrating though. :) Every day i vow i won't look at this thread and every day I do! I'm worried the one day I don't look will be the one wher something actually does happen and I'll miss the first hints. It's driving me crackers. I think I need a holiday where I can't take my laptop.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but why is he not revealing himself now? What possible good reason can there be for this? Haven't we had enough of owners who would rather not communicate with the fans? Syed at least did the proper thing by introducing himself to us and telling us his plans and vision for the club - whether truthful or not.

What would be the point? Nothing to gain and until it's finalised everything to lose

Met a guy today, who's close to a couple of senior people at Ewood, for a pie, pint & chat and he reckons it will be completed by Friday 15 October.

He doesn't know who the mystery man is, however, Bharti Mittal, who I flagged last night, is a name he's heard about in connection with Rovers.

Again, this is offered in good faith so please don't shoot me down.

Met a guy today, who's close to a couple of senior people at Ewood, for a pie, pint & chat and he reckons it will be completed by Friday 15 October.

He doesn't know who the mystery man is, however, Bharti Mittal, who I flagged last night, is a name he's heard about in connection with Rovers.

Thanks MikeB for the info. hope its done by then.

but why is he not revealing himself now? What possible good reason can there be for this? Haven't we had enough of owners who would rather not communicate with the fans? Syed at least did the proper thing by introducing himself to us and telling us his plans and vision for the club - whether truthful or not.

All his relatives are Dingle fans, and he wants to annoy them.

Well growing revenue isn't a problem that has to happen for progress to made, it is the model behind it which needs to be very clever.

The obvious problem is making sure the club has the fans through the door, the associated merchandise sales and also the sponsorship deals. For me it needs to be a slow growth model with the transfer funds available to slowly improve the team i.e. Birmingham City (although they have the potential crowd). If we can get to the point where by we make european football every year then that is quite probably as far as things can go without the top clubs hitting severe financial problems (could very well happen).

modes this simply doesn't make any sense. Are you trying to sugest increasing revenue is not a problem?

your big money buys, the way forward is to get the best young players and make a profit through sales later on. See Villa, although without the obsession with english players who have large initial fees e.g. Reo-Coker, Harewood, et al.

So we are to remain a selling club? Haul ourselves up into 6-8th place and flog our best players to the teams in 1st to 5th, sounds like a plan to me............a plan which lacks ambition and will have fans moaning about the sale of top players. Haven't we heard that before?

modes this simply doesn't make any sense. Are you trying to sugest increasing revenue is not a problem?

So we are to remain a selling club? Haul ourselves up into 6-8th place and flog our best players to the teams in 1st to 5th, sounds like a plan to me............a plan which lacks ambition and will have fans moaning about the sale of top players. Haven't we heard that before?

At least there would be top players to sell...........

well I have to say the people coming out with we have a mid-table squad & we can finish there again are deluded. What happened last year was incredible & lucky in parts. Just because we finished in 10th last year does not mean we have a team finish there every year. As many have said each year the league becomes harder & that is illustrated in the fact that all our near rivals have strengthened their squads massively whereas we have just got in bargain basement players. To suggest we have a good enough squad you have obviously not been watching our games yes goalkeeper & defence are reasonably strong our midfield is p*** poor and our forwards are alienated by the formation & tactics. If anyone bothers to look we can not even from the last transfer window compete. I mean we could not even afford the purchases of say Kenwyn Jones 6M or even Asamoah Gyan 8M and those are just good standard players at modest amounts for EPL teams yet we had to settle for free agent dodgy knees Banjoni. We couldn't even scrape together 3M for beattie unless this takeover happens we will be up the creek without a paddle. If you look at the league table we are nowhere near safe and our lack of quality & strength in depth will eventually see us drift into oblivion not nice to think about but that is the reality.

Rant Over!

No offence Mike but you've previously assured us Syed Ali's bid was practically done and dusted and that you'd seen the plans for the new Riverside stand and even told us what date the work for said new Riverside was starting on!

No offence Mike but you've previously assured us Syed Ali's bid was practically done and dusted and that you'd seen the plans for the new Riverside stand and even told us what date the work for said new Riverside was starting on!

at least mikeb tells us what he thinks he knows not like some on here.

well I have to say the people coming out with we have a mid-table squad & we can finish there again are deluded. What happened last year was incredible & lucky in parts. Just because we finished in 10th last year does not mean we have a team finish there every year.

What happened the last half of last season was a bit lucky. What happened the first half of last season was very unlucky. It balanced out, as it usually does. By memory only, our start this year has been much better than our start last year.

And no one is claiming that because we finished 10th last year that we'll finish 10th every year. I believe that we will finish 10th or better this year, or at least 50 points plus. As in all things, time well tell.

By the way, I want a takeover. But I don't think we should be desperate and I think the Trust should make sure we are bought by the right kind of owners. A billionaire who views the Rovers much as he does his art work or his prime racing horse stables would do nicely.

Is Mittal linked to QPR ownership? Or was that someone else?

Someone else.

Tony Gale's mic will now be able to tell us the level of his personal wealth given his obsession with appearances in rich lists and the like.

:P

Looking at the situation objectively, I would be very surprised if any deal was concluded by 15th of October as that would imply any potential owner had already undergone the Premier League ownership test.

Someone else.

Tony Gale's mic will now be able to tell us the level of his personal wealth given his obsession with appearances in rich lists and the like.

:P

Looking at the situation objectively, I would be very surprised if any deal was concluded by 15th of October as that would imply any potential owner had already undergone the Premier League ownership test.

:lol: It's how most people would confirm someone's wealth.

Anyway if this Mittal stuff is true then it would be brilliant - there's no doubting this man's wealth, unlike the "secret billionaire" Ali Syed. I'm not holding my breath though, still waiting for those Riverside blueprints in the post...

Archived