BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool losing...

chocky

How do you get Liverpool into the top four?

Turn the newspaper upside down! Sorry

Anyway does anyone know of real evidence RBS will put the club into Administration on Friday if the debt is not repaid and the court case fails ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`ve really enjoyed the radio phone-ins over the last couple of weeks. They`ve been full of angry aggressive Liverpool fans slating the media for daring to have a go at their beloved Liverpool.

As for Liverpool themselves, i am also enjoying their plight. Liverpool have no devine right to be a top club....no one has.

The club has under achieved, been mis-managed, bought badly & spent money it hasn`t got. They deserve all they get.

I hope they do a Leeds, but doubt it`ll get that bad.

As for Blackpool, a good start for them but the premierleague season is a long hard one. With the busy festive period looming,cold dark winter months, injuries & a small squad......i predict they`ll be firmly ensconsed in the bottom three by 31st Jan & bottom by May.

Liverpool won't be relegated for the same reasons Rovers won't-there are usually three worse teams than us.

I agree with this. There is a good chance though that Liverpool will finish in the bottom of the league though especially if they get docked nine points for going into administration. It will a bad season for them.

Sorry Mark, you're right on that one.

From Wiki:

However, Hodgson's second season with Blackburn did not live up to the standards of the first: due to numerous injuries, dressing room unrest and a succession of poor buys – notably the £7.5 million Kevin Davies — Blackburn had a disastrous start to the season and Hodgson was sacked in December 1998, with the club bottom of the league table. His final game was a home defeat to Southampton.

It couldn't have got much worse.

I know i`m picking bones here but he was actually sacked on Saturday 21st November 1998 after the defeat to Southampton.The reason I know this is because my wife was expecting our first child and went into labour that morning,I had gone to the hospital complete with Rovers shirt on and season ticket in pocket,but alas I was to miss the game as my child decided to turn up eventually on the Sunday (which just happened to be my Birthday too!).Once I realised I was going to miss the game I knew it was going to be a girl! :P Didn`t stop me watching it on match of the day in the hospital though which didn`t impress the wife much! B)

Liverpool are unlikely to get relegated, but their season is virtually over. There's no way they have a chance of getting into the top 4. Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs all have far superior and more confident squads. They won't drop enough points to let Liverpool get in there. Even a Europa League spot seems unlikely.

I don't really agree. Liverpool still have a very very good squad. Only major loss has been Mascherano (a big one admittedly). Issue seems to be confidence and leadership - much like that which pushed Newcastle to relegation under Shearer/Keegan and Spurs to the brink of relegation with Ramos. Player for player I wouldn't actually say Liverpool are much worse than Man Utd, Man City or Spurs - although Chelsea are out in front of all those teams.

Problem is that it becomes a vicious cycle of poor results that create instability which leads to more poor results. Talent starts to count for little in that situation.

I am gleefully looking forward to the day when United feel this heat. The financial issues at the club and supporter unrest suggests that this could be in the non too distant future.

Once upon a time I used to like Liverpool, but with the way the High Court has bailed them out here, they really aren't any better than Man. City or Chelsea.

Right...so if Syed/Mystery Man/Saurin Shah took us over and plunged us into debt, took us down towards the bottom of the league and towards administration and a 9 point deduction would you think that was what we deserved?

Once upon a time I used to like Liverpool, but with the way the High Court has bailed them out here, they really aren't any better than Man. City or Chelsea.

But surely you can admit that Statler and Waldorf losing all their stake is pretty funny :)

It seems that Mr. Moores didn't look into the background of the funding as well as he should have done....hopefully the trustees are doing a better job than him.

Do Hicks/Gillett have a chequered background out of interest? (i.e. before they owned Liverpool)

Well looking at the High Court today I have to conclude they have been bailed out big time and because it is a brand name it is the only reason. Apparently though it seems as thought John Henry does not have as good a background as some may think. But I do wish they were put into administration because in my opinion anyone who takes 3 days to complete DD they would deserve nothing more than administration. Also their situation is made much more complicated by the fact a jap bus.man has bid 20M for them hopefully they will dawdle too long and be put in administration.

This isn't finished yet.

The Beeb are reporting that H & G have been granted an injunction.

Isn't it from a Texan court though Dave? Wonder how that'll be handled by the British judicial system? It'll be good to see it rumble on for a couple of weeks though, see the Scousers get a bit twitchy.

Right...so if Syed/Mystery Man/Saurin Shah took us over and plunged us into debt, took us down towards the bottom of the league and towards administration and a 9 point deduction would you think that was what we deserved?

If we went and bought ridiculously expensive players paying well beyond our means...actions have consequences. That is, unless you find another sugar daddy to bail you out just like that.

Absolutely, but the Owners haven't taken them to the bottom of the league, the playing and coaching staff have.

All this we stuff is crazy, Liverpool FC is a business venture that happens to be in the Sports arena and has supporters.

It is not fair for the supporter who lives vicariously through a colour and emblem but that is what professional sport is all about.

True, the owners have been bad for Liverpool and obviously created a lot of debt however Rafa had a fair bit of money during his time there to build a decent team.

Every manager makes bad buys but Rafa made some awful ones.

If we went and bought ridiculously expensive players paying well beyond our means...actions have consequences. That is, unless you find another sugar daddy to bail you out just like that.

The only reason why they've bought players beyond their means is due to

(i) Other clubs having sugar daddies and needing to keep up with them due to the playing field being skewed, and

(ii) Having owners who have plunged them into massive amounts of debt through interest repayments.

It's totally different to what happened at Pompey. Yes Rafa bought lots of bad signings but he also did a lot of good for them too and no club deserves to have two owners who fundamentally seem hell bent on destroying the club.

The only reason why they've bought players beyond their means is due to

(i) Other clubs having sugar daddies and needing to keep up with them due to the playing field being skewed, and

(ii) Having owners who have plunged them into massive amounts of debt through interest repayments.

It's totally different to what happened at Pompey. Yes Rafa bought lots of bad signings but he also did a lot of good for them too and no club deserves to have two owners who fundamentally seem hell bent on destroying the club.

I do feel bad for some of their fans, but again - where were the protests when they were first taken over by the Americans? Where were the protests when they were spending 30 million on a player? When you decide, or are in agreement with your club being taken over by businessmen who clearly care little about it, you put yourself at risk at something like this happening. That's why many call it a gamble. And it turns out Liverpool lost it.

I do feel bad for some of their fans, but again - where were the protests when they were first taken over by the Americans? Where were the protests when they were spending 30 million on a player? When you decide, or are in agreement with your club being taken over by businessmen who clearly care little about it, you put yourself at risk at something like this happening. That's why many call it a gamble. And it turns out Liverpool lost it.

Where are the protests from Rovers fans? Do we think all these bidders have a genuine affinity for Rovers, or do we think they see us as a very cheap way to acquire a Premier League club?

Do Hicks/Gillett have a chequered background out of interest? (i.e. before they owned Liverpool)

Hicks has already part owned a football team, it was Corinthians from Brazil, False hope of new stadium etc,

Corinthians

In 1999, Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst entered into a partnership with Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, a successful Brazilian soccer club team. Club directors and Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst assured the fans that a new stadium was in development, but this never materialized.

Corinthians had won the Brazilian championship in 1998, so they inherited a winning team. There was an initial capital investment to tie down existing players and to finance the signing of Dida and Luizão. The initial expenditure assisted in retaining the league title in Dec 1999 and the club also won the inaugural FIFA Club World Championship the following month.

They began selling the club's star players and announced plans to change Corinthians' famous black-and-white kit. This led to a furious reaction from supporters. In 2003, after legal/financial troubles and partner infighting, Hicks retired from the company and the ownership group eventually left the partnership with Corinthians. There was no new stadium

. Yes Rafa bought lots of bad signings but he also did a lot of good for them too and no club deserves to have two owners who fundamentally seem hell bent on destroying the club.

Well I'm struggling to think of what good he did. There is the obvious one-off European Champions League fluke for which he'll always be revered but basically he spent a fortune running them down.

Where are the protests from Rovers fans? Do we think all these bidders have a genuine affinity for Rovers, or do we think they see us as a very cheap way to acquire a Premier League club?

Really? I'm guessing you haven't been reading the Takeover threads. They are filled with almost nothing but protests, skepticism and questioning of motives.

Archived